Why does Callahan deserve more time?

rink6670

Let's face it. Nebraska was a 9-3 team before he took over. These kids are not being prepared like they should be. You can still be a smash-mouth football team without the option. Alabama still has a strong running game and tries to be a tough, physical team. "Finesse" football ain't Nebraska!

I agree that it is hard to change the offense completely. But Alabama was 4-9 two years ago, and 6-6 last year. I think if Callahan does not win at least 9 games next year, we drop the WCO and go back to power-running. But I think he deserves one more year. I know it's hard to tell yourself we will better next year when you told yourself that last year and there has been no improvement. If there is no improvement next year I don't think there will ever be any improvement. It simply does not take 5 years to win games and beat teams like Mizzou, K State, Texas Tech, and Kansas. If we lose to anyone except USC and Texas next year I will be disappointed and I doubt we will be able to contend in against either of them. I will be very upset if we go 7-5 or even 8-4 next year but lets just see what happens. If he can't do it next year, kiss him goodbye.

The Huskers want to run the ball. However,

A) Hard to do when you are down in the area of 20 points in the second half

B) Run blocking is suffering.

I'd hate to get a revolving door set up at the head coach position. You think things are bad now.

I'd hate to get a revolving door set up at the head coach position. You think things are bad now.

Give me a break. The reason we can't run the ball isn't because we are down. Most of our games we have been in it in the 3rd quarter and never ever did try to establish a solid running game. If we get down 7, callahan thinks he has to pass every down. Of course no better then our running game has been i spose leads him to that however I think we can run the ball with the right plays called.

Give me a break. The reason we can't run the ball isn't because we are down. Most of our games we have been in it in the 3rd quarter and never ever did try to establish a solid running game. If we get down 7, callahan thinks he has to pass every down. Of course no better then our running game has been i spose leads him to that however I think we can run the ball with the right plays called.

We were down 7 or even 14 at KU and Cory was still getting the ball. In the first half mind you.

Why does Callahan deserve more time?

Uh.... maybe it's because they gave him a six year contract??

Is it possible the six year contract was agreed upon because they thought it would take that long to give him a fair shot at making NU a competitive team?

Patience grasshopper.

Four more years!!

Four more years!!

Four more years!!

everybody join in, c'mon, you know the words!!

Four more years!!

Four more years!!

Four more years!!

:bounce:bounce:bounce

If you think this year was interesting, wait until next year when they play USC.

I think that we need to extend Callihan's contract by ten years to show our support and gratitude for his classy approach to football.

:yeah

We also need to make football at NU more like Vince McMahon's version of pro football. We need to encourage more hand gestures. We need to encourage more slogans like *&@ckin hillbillies. We also need to encourage more scarlets wearing 2 piecers especially when it's below 30.

The reason we can't run the ball isn't because we are down

You sure about that? Let me ask you again..are you SURE about that?

run the ball with the right plays called.

Option right, option left, run up the middle..QB keeper...HERE WE COME <_<

I think the question itself, is rediculous. How many threads need to be started about Callahan this and Callahan that?

You say Tomato, I say Tomatoe.... :wacko:

Give the damn guy some time and learn that breaking down a program is sometimes necessary in order to build a stronger one. :thumbs

well look at it this way. coach callahan has been running this system now for two years and has shown very little signs of improvment. now on the other hand the teams before the callahan era they ran the same system for countless number of years to the point where nebraska could run the ball against anyone that they played, and during that time they perfected the running game. so now you have many years running the same system day in and day out, to running a system that has only been together for the past two years, so for coach callahan to get this really going hes going to need more time.

Yep, it sure sucked winning all of those conference and National championships with that offense. :wacko: After all, the great West Coast Offense has brought us the wonderful record of 10-10, wow!

FYI, now, not even the option right, option left, qb keeper would work.

billy c screwed that up when he ran off his starting qb. :dumdum

So I guess we're left with, sack, 2 yard TE out, screen pass, punt. :thumbs

Yep, it sure sucked winning all of those conference and National championships with that offense. :wacko: After all, the great West Coast Offense has brought us the wonderful record of 10-10, wow!

"Knock Knock"

FormerFan: Whose there?

Annonymouse Voice: 2005

Formerfan: 2005 who?

"Knock Knock"

FormerFan: Whose there?

Annonymouse Voice: 2005

Formerfan: 2005 who?

Nameless, please be the one to inform us all what has changed from 1995 to present that makes it so impossible to run the option. Sure it's hard to comeback running the option but if you run it right you don't ever have to come back from a 21 point deficit. I'm beginning to think you are Pederson himself. That "2005" you refer to, is that the same one we got blown out by KANSAS running the WCO?