I know it's getting overshadowed by the main event, but who do you think will win between Griffin and Ortiz?

Forrest has looked pretty "meh" in his last two fights. Ortiz has lost 6 of his last 8 (wtf?).

Tito is supposed to retire after this fight and it sounds like Forrest is probably close to retiring as well.

I think Forrest gets the decision win, but I can see it being really close again. I'm not sure Tito's impending retirement will give him enough of a boost to win this fight. I actually see it as being more of a distraction. But I've been wrong about him before. I thought there was no way he would beat Bader. Should be a good night of fights!

MY PREDICTIONS

IT IS FINNNAAALLLLLLYYY TIME!!!!

Lets be honest, one fight has most people excited: Silva/Sonnen II….. But this card is stacked. Not a single bad fight on paper(a few lopsided bouts, but not “bad”). With the constant trash talk from Chael, and the aggressive words from Silva, this card is starting to live up to the hype before either 185 pounder steps in to the octagon.

The rumors of Silva almost backing out are becoming louder, not to mention the words of anger from the Spiders mouth, make me believe he might be a little nervous about that shiny belt.

Now on to the predictions:

Mike Easton vs. Ivan Menjivar

Mike “the Hulk” Easton hasn’t lost since 2007, his one and only professional loss. Easton was a late replacement for Renan Barão. Ivan Menjivar is coming off a big win over TUF alum and friend of the show, Jon Albert. While Menjivar was originally expected to take on Barão, he doesn’t get much of a break with Easton. Menjivar knows his way around the octagon, and his veteran skill will make this fight interesting for about a round before Easton pulls away. I will take Easton round 2 TKO.

Chad “Money” Mendes vs. Cody McKenzie

Chad “Money” Mendes is coming off his first career loss, one that came at the hands of Jose Aldo…. Not a horrible fighter by any means (at least the shiny belt thinks so). Cody McKenzie bounced back after his two fight losing streak with a big win over Marcus LeVesseur. While McKenzie is coming off a win, and Mendes is coming off a loss, I think this fight is still pretty far in favor of the $$$$. Mendes needs to be aware of one thing and one thing only: Guillotine choke. McKenzie’s 11/13 wins are thanks to guillotine joke, so basically versatility isn’t a good word to describe McKenzie. I think Mendes beats on McKenzie for 3 rounds, and holds off an submission attempt. Mendes Unanimous Decision.

Dong Hyun Kim vs. Demian Maia

Dong Hyun Kim, or as I shall call him- Stun Gun (great nickname) has 1 loss in his UFC career( the other one was changed to NC.. long story) thanks to Carlos Condit. Not a bad one loss, and one of his biggest wins came against Nate Diaz… again, an impressive UFC career to this point. Kims biggest test to date will be Demian Maia. Maia has had an impressive career, but is gatekeeper role at best now (after that “fight” against Silva) and if Kim wants to make a move in the middleweight division, he needs a win here. Maia is on the downside, and I think Kim puts him away impressively in round 1 via KO ( knees).

Patrick Cote vs. Cung Le

This card only gets better and better. I would have preferred Franklin/LE, but Cote has 4 wins in a row outside the Octagon, and is trying to get back in to the UFC with this fight. I feel bad for the Canadian, but I don’t give him a shot in hell. Le wins this with some highlight kick that makes me spill my beer on my fiancé…. Rest of the fights of the night will have to be watched through a scary glare coming my way.

Forrest Griffin vs. Tito “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” Ortiz-

The final fight for Tito Ortiz is against another future HOF, Forrest Griffin. Ortiz kept his career alive with a great upset over Ryan Bader, but quickly fell back in to the funk he was in with losses to Rashad Evans and little Nog. Griffin is on the tail end of his career as well, but might have one last run in him. But it will have to start with a win over Tito. The series is 1-1 between these two. I think Griffin gets the rubber match via Unanimous decision and FOTN.

Anderson “The Spider” Silva vs. Chael Sonnen-

I will say it right now.. Silva is scared of Sonnen. He has been ducking Sonnen and he knows Sonnen will win this. Say what you will about Chael, he wants this title more than anything… ANYTHING. I don’t care what people say, Chael beat the Spider for 5 rounds and made one mistake and lost.

Sonnen will win this fight if it goes to the ground. Anderson will win this fight if it stays standing.

Here is what happens: Anderson comes out pissed. He will go after Sonnen and beat his ass for round 1. Round 2 Sonnen will bring this thing to the ground and frustrate Silva. Rounds 3-5 will be a back and forth test of wills. Blood will be shed. And in round 5, Sonnen will get ground position and KNOCK OUT ANDERSON SILVA.

His trash talk will be proven. They will share FOTN honors with Griffin/Ortiz and Sonnen will win KO of night.

Call me crazy but I buy in to the Chael Hype!: