Northwestern Game :(

Is there better destination game than going to Chicago for a long weekend?

It's a reasonable drive for most everyone in the midwest and it is usually easy to get tickets. Many hotel options in downtown Chicago. Lots of entertainment/attactions and awesome food. Drive or train it out to Evanston for the game. Only negatives are the lack of the on-campus game day festivities (tailgaiting) and the weather - especially for November games. I did a Thursday- Sunday trip 3/4 years ago for OSU game in early Nov. It was a great time. We had great weather on Th & Fri and did a lot of walking around the city and enjoyed some deep dish pizza. It was an noon game on Saturday and the weather sucked (cold). We hung out in the Evanston business-bar area saturday night.

Interesting about the needing to purchase season tix comment. After speaking with the ticket office, they told me that single tickets would be available for every game and that the tix would go on sale mid/late July. I already have my plane tix bought so I'll pay what I have to. But the $125ish that tix are currently going for on the after-market sites is way more than what one should be able to get a ticket for as game day approaches.

Did you speak to the Northwestern ticket office recently?

Below is what I got from the athletic office earlier in this month. (complete with a nice pic of Pat for me to enjoy)

Of course they could just be "saying" they are nearly sold out to continue to drive season ticket sales. On the other hand, they did not mention anything about the BC, SD or Vany game. Which would lead one to believe that people are buying NU season ticket packages and single game only tickets to particular games.

Web-Fitz-2.jpgDear Jason,

Thank you for making the commitment to Northwestern Football this season as a season ticket holder. It is this group that forms an essential part of the success that has seen the Wildcats reach four-straight bowl games, and with your support the team will be challenging for its fifth this season.

As a season ticket holder you have the opportunity to request additional tickets to home games prior to their sale to the general public. Due to a significant growth in the numbers of our season ticket holders coupled with a tremendous home schedule, tickets for some home games will not be available for much longer. At this time a limited number of tickets are still available for home games versus Illinois, Iowa and Nebraska. If you already have made your requests for additional tickets there is no need for further action.

However, if you have not made any requests for additional tickets or would like to order more, you are strongly encouraged to contact your account executive.

They told me to call the first week of July to get exact date of single game purchase, so I'll find out then. I believe it was April or May when I last spoke with them specifically about the Husker game.

Spoke with ticket office today. Single game tix wont go on sale til July 23rd. Obviously, the sales rep wouldn't/couldn't(?) give me exact numbers, but intimated that some single game tix were still available (range is $50-end zone to $70-sidelines). Season tix are $152 (for endzone), plus $15 processing fee. With one season ticket, addtional single game tix can be purchased. However, the single game tix are not available in the same sections as the season tix.

I like endzone, so the convo then revolved around those tix. Maybe I got sold here, but the sales rep talked to her director and she was able to offer me one season and one single next to each other at one particular spot (not my ideal choice). Or they had other spots where you could have the same seat number, but adjacent rows.

I made the purchase for the one season and one single game tix that were next to each other. Ultimately, my original plan was to pay $50/ticket regardless of where I sat. I still think satisfactory seats will be available, at not much more than face value, once the game gets closer. The stadium seats appx 47k, and I gotta believe that there aren't that many die-hard Northwestern fans that aren't willing to make a few bucks than attend the Husker game.

Now I have to decide what to do with the one season ticket for the other games. I wonder if once its all said and done, if it wouldn't have been smarter to just by 2 season tickets for an extra hundo to resell after-market. One ticket will be probably be difficult to unload.

Spoke with ticket office today. Single game tix wont go on sale til July 23rd. Obviously, the sales rep wouldn't/couldn't(?) give me exact numbers, but intimated that some single game tix were still available (range is $50-end zone to $70-sidelines). Season tix are $152 (for endzone), plus $15 processing fee. With one season ticket, addtional single game tix can be purchased. However, the single game tix are not available in the same sections as the season tix.

I like endzone, so the convo then revolved around those tix. Maybe I got sold here, but the sales rep talked to her director and she was able to offer me one season and one single next to each other at one particular spot (not my ideal choice). Or they had other spots where you could have the same seat number, but adjacent rows.

I made the purchase for the one season and one single game tix that were next to each other. Ultimately, my original plan was to pay $50/ticket regardless of where I sat. I still think satisfactory seats will be available, at not much more than face value, once the game gets closer. The stadium seats appx 47k, and I gotta believe that there aren't that many die-hard Northwestern fans that aren't willing to make a few bucks than attend the Husker game.

Now I have to decide what to do with the one season ticket for the other games. I wonder if once its all said and done, if it wouldn't have been smarter to just by 2 season tickets for an extra hundo to resell after-market. One ticket will be probably be difficult to unload.

Tough choice... you have to find someone who wants A ticket, single ticket buyers are hard to find, in my expereince. Of course, donating is a possibility per above with an outside shot at selling the IL, Iowa tickets. Iowa right now is $33 ish for endzone and IL is $44 ish...I would doubt we will get face value for any of the games not being Nebraska.

I cant believe they would not sell you a single game ticket in the same section as the season ticket you bought. That was not my expereince as stated above in previous posts. I have 4 season in endzone and 8 single game tickets in endzone. I even made the single game purchases in two different months (4 in May, 4 in June) after hearing back from some other people interested in going to the game and looking at the third party market. However, my single game tickets have not been assigned and but I am told they will be in the "vacinity" of where my season tickets will be located.

One factor that could be negative or positive is the "bye" week prior to this game. More folks willing to travel since they did not the week before but we are AT OSU 2 weeks before this game is played. Also, if we lose to Wisconsin and OSU then the atmosphere could be lower coming into this game wit ticket prices moving in the same direction. My game plan is to have them unloaded before the season starts and for sure before we play Wisconsin.

Best of luck in your decision.

Who was your sales rep. at Northwestern? My guy is great! Maybe PM that answer so it is not public.

Have to run so I didn't read through this thread, but I bought one endzone season ticket for $150 in order to secure 24 group tickets to the Nebraska game. Ended up with seats in section 105. Seemed like a solid investment to me, especially considering that the NW ticket representative told me that he didn't think there would be any available tickets for the Nebraska game to go on sale to the general public due to demand. Plus, group tickets are $5 cheaper per ticket than the regular single-game price. Again, sorry if any of this was stated in the thread.

• 3 weeks later...

A group of us, about 4 couples, are going up for the weekend. Hoping to find some seats at a decent price. I hope Husker Nation has a good showing as a fan base in the stadium. Kind of like the ND game a few years back in South Bend. I just hope the L goes some what close to the stadium in Evanston.

Yes Ryan Field is on Central Ave, and the L train is a few blocks to the east on Central Ave, on the Purple Line (The CTA,

http://www.transitchicago.com/

)

, where you transfer get off/get on at Howard St, for the Red Line if coming from/going to downtown Chgo. Just FYI, the Red Line has stops for Wrigley Field and US Cellular Field. For the Metra commuter Train, which costs more and is more infrequent, but nicer ride, is a few blocks to the west on Central Ave(Union Pacific-North Line). That stops to the west of the

http://metrarail.com/metra/en/home.html

)

Chicago River to the Olgilvie Transportation Center downtown.

I have a feeling the Huskers Nation will travel better to Evanston than Badger Nation. In both cases, we will see a sea of red that will match or exceed the sea of purple. And Nebraska will be "more" ready this time. If you have time and the weather is decent for strolling, check out the beach on the north and south end of campus (which is a mile and a half away from the stadium).

A group of us, about 4 couples, are going up for the weekend. Hoping to find some seats at a decent price. I hope Husker Nation has a good showing as a fan base in the stadium. Kind of like the ND game a few years back in South Bend. I just hope the L goes some what close to the stadium in Evanston.

Yes Ryan Field is on Central Ave, and the L train is a few blocks to the east on Central Ave, on the Purple Line (The CTA,

)

, where you transfer get off/get on at Howard St, for the Red Line if coming from/going to downtown Chgo. Just FYI, the Red Line has stops for Wrigley Field and US Cellular Field. For the Metra commuter Train, which costs more and is more infrequent, but nicer ride, is a few blocks to the west on Central Ave(Union Pacific-North Line). That stops to the west of the

http://metrarail.com...ra/en/home.html

)

I have a feeling the Huskers Nation will travel better to Evanston than Badger Nation. In both cases, we will see a sea of red that will match or exceed the sea of purple. And Nebraska will be "more" ready this time. If you have time and the weather is decent for strolling, check out the beach on the north and south end of campus (which is a mile and a half away from the stadium).

a couple buddies of mine are going up...we are going to go up WITHOUT tickets...i assume that will be fine? do you guys have a lot of scalpers for gamedays? Also where would you recommend we stay for a hotel. We want to use the trains definitely because they are fun to ride, we won't be doing much attractions, just some good eating places and the game. so just a short 2 day trip, but we don't know if it would be better to stay downtown or closer to campus...

I bought the Northwestern season ticket package for endzone, $150 (i think per ticket)... essentially the cost of a ticket on the secondary market prior to selling the other games (if they is even any demand). Might look into donating the other games tickets to military folks, not sure how to do that but it is an idea.

I also bought 8 extra NU game only tickets at $50 (face value) to scalp.

Hey just signed up to post this (been lurking since 2009), if you want to donate tickets to veterans or to active duty members this is a great website to do so! http://www.vettix.org/

GBR!

Thanks!

You can also try the Morale Welfare and Recreation at Great Lakes (Navy's bootcamp). Here is their website. http://www.mwrgl.com/gen_info/contacts/contacts.htm

)

http://metrarail.com...ra/en/home.html

)

a couple buddies of mine are going up...we are going to go up WITHOUT tickets...i assume that will be fine? do you guys have a lot of scalpers for gamedays? Also where would you recommend we stay for a hotel. We want to use the trains definitely because they are fun to ride, we won't be doing much attractions, just some good eating places and the game. so just a short 2 day trip, but we don't know if it would be better to stay downtown or closer to campus...

For that being by far the premier game of the season, I don't know. My experience when I took the "L" train there were people soliciting tickets right from the train all the way to the stadium, but that was 10+ years ago and an "ordinary" opponent. I never know if those are genuine or not. Stubhub has tickets posted and they may or may not get cheaper closer to game time but know they are fee happy. As far as where to stay, people usually go downtown to see and experience stuff, like Michigan Ave area, it will hotels cost more but with split across friends would help. You would probably need a car for motels near the campus because not many in Evanston. If you get an CTA pass for the "L" and buses (about $6/day) you could make some stops along the Red Line. Along the way downtown is the Wrigleyville area, on the Addison stop. Just south of Wrigleyville there on Oakdale (either can walk there about a mile or get back on Addison station, get off at Belmont, transfer to the Brown line, get off at Wellington, or maybe a CTA bus instead) is the Kirkwood Bar, the official headquarters for Nebraska football in Chgo (http://www.kirkwoodbar.com/). (Actually, not far from there is Wisconsin's hangout, Northwoods Inn http://willsnorthwoodsinn.shutterfly.com/) From there the Brown line/Red Line can take you downtown. Visiting Michigan Avenue going north to south, maybe Chicago avenue (red line) is a good stop.