What were Harvey's oppositions to the new format?

I think we have a good president too. I think his views represented the views of the entire conference as well.

What the heck did he do to you, bshirt, kick your puppy?

Ha...I just don't like the guy at all. But as usual, I'm in the extreme minority about this and that's ok.

I tell ya what zoogies, regardless of our head bureaucrat, you've got just a few months to get ready for a scoring explosion this year. You're gonna love it!

I think we have a good president too. I think his views represented the views of the entire conference as well.

Harvey isn't President of the University. He's the Chancellor.

Good catch. I had to look that up. Interesting on how they have everything set up.

I don't like the 4 team playoff idea. They have a hard enough time picking the top 2, making it 4 just makes it doubly hard. Sometimes you know the top 2 and you don't need to go to 4 and sometimes you could pick 8 teams! This is going to be a mess.

I'll agree with you but i hope it does work like people think it will.

I'm thinking he was the BIG goat in this. Doing the dirty work for the conference more then what he thought would be in the best interest of Nebraska, even though they probably aren't much different.

There is a much bigger segment of the fanbase, who would keep the current system, than people think. They may not get on here and say "Its gonna happen so get over it",blah blah blah over and over again, and maybe they weren't included in the "polls" that determined that "College football fans demand a playoff". (I wasnt) but they are there.For me there are too many people trying to state their opinions as facts in this matter.

To the above poster who was focusing on the players, you can't compare a bowl to a playoff. A playoff means you show up in South Bend friday and tour the campus and then play a regular game with consequence on Saturday. That's miles away than spending a week in Scottsdale with accompanying pomp, fanfare and celebration for the final game of the year.

I posted elsewhere, is Federal Express going to pay millions for a post season game whereever Miami plays now? Do the players get a gift basket? Does any of that exist for an NCAA tournament invite? I really don't know and Chancellor Pearlman was reasonable to object.