Favorite Nebraska Football Helmet Style

Favorite Nebraska Football Helmet Style  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't know that they're more susceptible, it's just much older technology that didn't necessarily have concussions prevention at the forefront. As I understand it one of the major advantage of modern helmets is that they are much lighter. Therefore the player will tend to keep his head up and allow his neck to naturally absorb some of the impact and lessen the load on the head. I may be way off but that's how I understood it and it made since with the way we were always coached to tackle with your head up.

I wish we would go back to gray facemasks:

PWCAWGNKTZUSLJO.20101217181645.jpg

They're waiting to reunite it with this years' black uni's...

You could really be on to something there. I agree with you, I think the possibility of them bringing back the dark facemask with the alternate uniform this year is highly plausible because it pretty much keeps our traditional look of the helmet the same.

Whichever one actually stays on is my choice. There are so many helmets flying off these days. I don't know if it's the helmet design, or if guys pick a helmet that's a bit loose for comfort, or they don't snap both strap ends, or what, but it's ridiculous. I know helmets have changed since I last put one on 35 years ago, but are they really supposed to be so easy to take off with one hand on the face mask? It almost looks like some of the guys are flipping off a ball cap.