Where's the pressure?

Coach Kaz bringing pressure...

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/husker-d-line-eager-to-go-on-the-attack/article_9f294af2-e8e6-56e1-b647-e18203507143.html

“His philosophy is attack,” said junior defensive end Jason Ankrah. “Everything is attacking. Everything is you delivering the blow before the O-lineman gives you the blow.”

“Rather than reacting we’re attacking,” said senior end Cameron Meredith.

It’s more complex than that, of course.

But as fall camp sound bytes go, no Husker fan out there is likely to take issue with hearing defensive linemen talk that way, especially since Nebraska ranked 84th nationally in sacks and 112th in tackles for loss last year.

Attack indeed.

“In the pass game, it’s all about getting vertical, getting those offensive linemen to kick back or getting them out of position, to turn their hips,” said Meredith, who last year was second on the team in sacks with five.

Coach Kaz bringing pressure...

http://journalstar.c...8203507143.html

“His philosophy is attack,” said junior defensive end Jason Ankrah. “Everything is attacking. Everything is you delivering the blow before the O-lineman gives you the blow.”

“Rather than reacting we’re attacking,” said senior end Cameron Meredith.

It’s more complex than that, of course.

But as fall camp sound bytes go, no Husker fan out there is likely to take issue with hearing defensive linemen talk that way, especially since Nebraska ranked 84th nationally in sacks and 112th in tackles for loss last year.

Attack indeed.

“In the pass game, it’s all about getting vertical, getting those offensive linemen to kick back or getting them out of position, to turn their hips,” said Meredith, who last year was second on the team in sacks with five.

I think I'm gonna like coach Kaz!

:)

You get better results hunting with the spear, not the net.

Let's use the spear. Go get some.

I love the simple analogy here. Nice work, knapplc!!

Count me in the camp that believes we backed WAAAAAYYYY off last year because of a lack of experienced talent on the DL and secondary last year. You don't suppose never having the All-American DT 100% last season or at all for most had anything to do with our lack of interior contain and pass pressure?

"It is not about the Xs and the Os it is about the Jimmys and the Joes."-- Barry Switzer

Also to the comment made earlier that nobody ever hurt opponents when Suh took up all the blockers, I point you to Jared Crick vs. Baylor (among other games).