Preliminary Card (FX)

Middleweight bout Court McGee vs Nick Ring

Bantamweight Roland Delorme vs Francisco Rivera

Light Heavyweight Ryan Jimmo vs Anthony Perosh

Bantamweight Bryan Caraway vs Mitch Gagnon

Preliminary Card (Facebook)

Featherweight Antonio Carvalho vs Daniel Pineda

Lightweight Mitch Clarke vs Anton Kuivanen

UFC 149- Calgary, Canada- Originally was supposed to be Koch/Aldo, but that got cancelled due to an Aldo injury. Decent card. Lombard can put himself in a title match or very close to it with a dominating performance.

I will have predictions up on Friday.

This card sucks and so does the one right after this one......typical Dana White crap.

Never fails the UFC will have one HUGE fight card and then they'll go a few months until they actuall have anothet decent card.

Dana White crap? What in the hell are you talking about??? This card is great if you think about all the injuries that have riddled this card. Aldo, Bisping, Big Nog, Bahadurzada, Akiyama, Thiago Alves, Thiago Silva,Claude Patrick all pulled out with injuries. I could be leaving one or two out. Plus, Shogun was fighting on this card but was moved to a couple weeks later to fight on the Fox card when Brian Stann went out with an injury in the main event.

• Fire 1

This is not a horrible card but not stacked by any means....

It is hard to create "stacked events" with so many events. UFC needs to cut down to 20-24 events a year and keep more talented guys around. Quit this Fuel card BS.. and stack the PPV events.

And cut back on the Ultimate Fighter shows...

Chris “The Menace” Clements vs. Matt Riddle

First fight in the main card features the only syrup lover on the main card with Clements hailing from Ontario. The Menace (no Dennis) is 1-0 in the UFC with a decision victory his last time out. Clements has had his opponent changed a few times due to injuries, and now gets a new puzzle.. Or Riddle?(bad attempt at humor). Matt Riddle gets the call. Riddle is coming off a big win in his last fight against Henry Martinez in February. I see this fight being a bit boring….. I hope I am wrong, but I will give the Canadian (Clements) the edge in his native land via Decision.

Brian Ebersole vs. James Head

I love hilarious facial hair… hilarious body hair makes me uncomfortable… mainly because I cant grow it in order to design it… Ebersole is a late replacement after injuries forced Claude Patrick out. Ebersole had decision victory less than a month ago, so his training camp wasn’t hurt too bad being shortened. Head got a big victory in Sweden over Papy Abedi to go 1-1 so far in the octagon. I think Ebersole looked great in his last fight, but didn’t put TJ away, and wont put Head away… which will hurt him and come round 3 Head will lock in a guillotine choke for the submission victory.

Cheick Kongo vs. Shawn Jordan

Who knows which Cheick will show up? This guy looks tough as hell and sometimes even fights that way.. other times he looks like he could careless. I am a big Shawn Jordan guy from what I have seen and I think he has a chance to at least have a say in title matchups, but wont get there himself (definition of a gatekeeper). I think Kongo gets rocked and Jordan beats the hell out of him to get a stoppage in round 2.

Hector Lombard vs. Tim Boetsch

Lombard doesn’t want Silva next… He wants Munoz(apparently the trash talk angered the newest UFC’er)He might not get his wish with a dominating performance though… I think if he impresses, he gets Silva next (Chris Weidman disagrees). Boetsch had a great comeback victory last time out… was down on the scorecard, and came out and won it… Sadly, I don’t think this gets close to the 3rd round. Round 1 TKO for Lombard and a date with Weidman… winner gets the Spider!

Urijah Faber vs. Renan Barao

Urijah Faber had a tough test in Cruz…. I think he has an even tougher test with Renan Barao. Barao has a winning streak that most UFC fighters will never get near… Barao was going to get a title shot sooner rather than later, an injury sped things up…. I think Barao wins this thing if Urijah tries to get cute and finish him… Barao will struggle when this thing gets to the championship rounds. Barao’s cardio has been questioned, and I think that might be the one chance Faber has to win it. Sadly, I don’t think this thing sees the championship rounds. Barao catches that famous chin in round 2 and ends it with an armbar to get the interim belt.

Chris “The Menace” Clements vs. Matt Riddle

First fight in the main card features the only syrup lover on the main card with Clements hailing from Ontario. The Menace (no Dennis) is 1-0 in the UFC with a decision victory his last time out. Clements has had his opponent changed a few times due to injuries, and now gets a new puzzle.. Or Riddle?(bad attempt at humor). Matt Riddle gets the call. Riddle is coming off a big win in his last fight against Henry Martinez in February. I see this fight being a bit boring….. I hope I am wrong, but I will give the Canadian (Clements) the edge in his native land via Decision.

Brian Ebersole vs. James Head

I love hilarious facial hair… hilarious body hair makes me uncomfortable… mainly because I cant grow it in order to design it… Ebersole is a late replacement after injuries forced Claude Patrick out. Ebersole had decision victory less than a month ago, so his training camp wasn’t hurt too bad being shortened. Head got a big victory in Sweden over Papy Abedi to go 1-1 so far in the octagon. I think Ebersole looked great in his last fight, but didn’t put TJ away, and wont put Head away… which will hurt him and come round 3 Head will lock in a guillotine choke for the submission victory.

Cheick Kongo vs. Shawn Jordan

Who knows which Cheick will show up? This guy looks tough as hell and sometimes even fights that way.. other times he looks like he could careless. I am a big Shawn Jordan guy from what I have seen and I think he has a chance to at least have a say in title matchups, but wont get there himself (definition of a gatekeeper). I think Kongo gets rocked and Jordan beats the hell out of him to get a stoppage in round 2.

Hector Lombard vs. Tim Boetsch

Lombard doesn’t want Silva next… He wants Munoz(apparently the trash talk angered the newest UFC’er)He might not get his wish with a dominating performance though… I think if he impresses, he gets Silva next (Chris Weidman disagrees). Boetsch had a great comeback victory last time out… was down on the scorecard, and came out and won it… Sadly, I don’t think this gets close to the 3rd round. Round 1 TKO for Lombard and a date with Weidman… winner gets the Spider!

Urijah Faber vs. Renan Barao

Urijah Faber had a tough test in Cruz…. I think he has an even tougher test with Renan Barao. Barao has a winning streak that most UFC fighters will never get near… Barao was going to get a title shot sooner rather than later, an injury sped things up…. I think Barao wins this thing if Urijah tries to get cute and finish him… Barao will struggle when this thing gets to the championship rounds. Barao’s cardio has been questioned, and I think that might be the one chance Faber has to win it. Sadly, I don’t think this thing sees the championship rounds. Barao catches that famous chin in round 2 and ends it with an armbar to get the interim belt.

You think Court McGee can beat Nick Ring this time around?