GOP Senators block tax cuts for insourcing businesses

Oh, I just find the conclusive proof provided by a single opinion piece amusing.

The laughing smiley face seems the most efficient method of conveying that amusement.

Perhaps I can find an editorial about the efficiency of emoticons in expressing emotions.

Also . . . :lol:

:lol:

Ideally, serving as a politician should be akin to jury duty. It should be something you are selected for by the populace and your peers based on merit, something that is an obligation rather than an aspiration. Something an elected official would be honored to be selected for, would do their very best to serve the entire citizen base (not just the 50% or so who share your "affiliation,") and be eager to move on after their term(s) has/have finished.

In short, it should be a service to your country, rather than a career path. Career politicians began working on re-election the very second they take office, and that means making decisions based upon pleasing the constituents most likely to vote for you, rather than making decisions based upon what is best for everyone, regardless of whether that means you'll lose future votes or not.

Something is very wrong with our political system. Listening to you Republicans and Democrats lash out at each other makes me cringe. Jmo and all, but I think you staunch party affiliates are missing the point dangerously.

Listening to you Republicans and Democrats lash out at each other makes me cringe.

I hope I'm not included in that. I've never voted a straight Democratic ticket in my life.

Neither party has a monopoly on stupidity.

Nope. I consider you to be a rational person, who probably has Libertarian leanings. I enjoy reading your perspective on issues. They are consistently well reasoned, and usually devoid of vitriol. (Usually ;))

Listening to you Republicans and Democrats lash out at each other makes me cringe. Jmo and all, but I think you staunch party affiliates are missing the point dangerously.

Hey, whoa there. There's no need to go around insulting people! You can call me a leftist if you want, but I'm no stinking Democrat.

The only thing that sucks more than our two feckless parties that pretend to represent the diverse needs of 300 million citizens is the system that forces them on us. The two parties are more aligned than either side is willing to admit. We're perpetually forced to chose between two sh**ty options because our government is designed to maintain the status quo rather than to enable actual change. The system is irreparably broken, but most Americans are either too apathetic, too clueless or they revere the foundational document of the nation too much to even entertain the possibility that it's the problem. You know, because the best and brightest that our era has to offer can't come up with a better plan than what this country's 18th century, wealthy racists and misogynists drew up to protect their interests.

Listening to you Republicans and Democrats lash out at each other makes me cringe. Jmo and all, but I think you staunch party affiliates are missing the point dangerously.

Hey, whoa there. There's no need to go around insulting people! You can call me a leftist if you want, but I'm no stinking Democrat.

The only thing that sucks more than our two feckless parties that pretend to represent the diverse needs of 300 million citizens is the system that forces them on us. The two parties are more aligned than either side is willing to admit. We're perpetually forced to chose between two sh**ty options because our government is designed to maintain the status quo rather than to enable actual change. The system is irreparably broken, but most Americans are either too apathetic, too clueless or they revere the foundational document of the nation too much to even entertain the possibility that it's the problem. You know, because the best and brightest that our era has to offer can't come up with a better plan than what this country's 18th century, wealthy racists and misogynists drew up to protect their interests.

:lol:

I'm inclined to agree with most if not all of what you articulated above. The optimist in me wants to dispute the word "irreparably," but the realist whispers otherwise.