GOP Senators block tax cuts for insourcing businesses

Obviously they're against US jobs as well. :sarcasm

So you're saying the Democrats in congress understand the intricacies of a global economy better than the people you just listed?

Nope. I'm responding to what you said above. These companies are obviously not concerned with creating U.S. jobs when they're already outsourcing plenty of them, so of course they're against the bill. Their goal is to make money, not create jobs for Americans.

Chairman & CEO,

Exxon Mobil Corporation

Committee Chair

Chairman & CEO,

Dow Chemical Company

Vice Chair and Committee Chair

President and CEO,

MasterCard Worldwide

Committee Chair

Sherman J. Glass Jr.

President, ExxonMobil Refining & Supply Co.

Exxon Mobil Corporation

Carol Williams

Executive Vice President, Manufacturing & Engineering

The Dow Chemical Company

Alfred M. Rankin Jr.

Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer

NACCO Industries, Inc.

Dow has a plant in Chile that refines petroleum for local and regional use.

Dow has plants in Africa that work in water, energy, food, oil & gas.

Exxon Mobile extracts and refines petroleum products. I guess they have to do more of that around the world as they aren't allowed to do much more here.

MasterCard should definitely have all their jobs here because no one else in the world spends money.

What exactly are any of those companies going to gain by bringing those jobs back to the US? What jobs could they offer in the US and still get the work done that they need to do?

Dow has a plant in Chile that refines petroleum for local and regional use.

Dow has plants in Africa that work in water, energy, food, oil & gas.

Exxon Mobile extracts and refines petroleum products. I guess they have to do more of that around the world as they aren't allowed to do much more here.

MasterCard should definitely have all their jobs here because no one else in the world spends money.

I could likely respond to every example you provide with an example of a job that was done in the U.S. and doesn't need to be done in another country for reasons of locality. For example "World's biggest oil company ExxonMobil is in talks with India's top technology firms and multinational vendors for outsourcing of several IT contracts worth up to $1 billion. "

^Nothing to do with location

And most of Mastercard's outsourcing (i.e. customer service) isn't done because they need people on location. I obviously wasn't speaking of on-location jobs. That's not outsourcing.

What exactly are any of those companies going to gain by bringing those jobs back to the US? What jobs could they offer in the US and still get the work done that they need to do?

You're overlooking or ignoring my point again. You said, sarcastically, that of course they're against U.S. jobs. And I'm saying, again, that what you said sarcastically is actually not far from the truth. I'm sure they're not actually opposed to the creation of U.S. jobs in general, but they are if it lowers their profits. Those organizations you listed should be concerned with the U.S. economy and U.S. jobs, but their boards and committees are filled with execs of global corporations. They don't need the U.S. economy to be great. The world economy and their own profits is all that matters to them.

Shouldn't a group calling its self The US​ Chamber of Commerce be focused on what is good for the US? Might as well rename themselves the Collection of Greedy Bastards. At any rate, people should take any recommendation from them with an extreme amount of cynicism. Especially when it comes to what is good for this country.

Many of those companies used to have more jobs here, but relocating all sorts of jobs to borderline third world countries makes the execs and stockholders more money. Regardless of what is good for the nation they claim to call home.

When the Government passes 2,600-page laws without rules written yet and with hidden taxes that no one has fully analyzed to determine their impact, most business owners (and banks for that matter) hold onto their capital instead of expanding their businesses and hiring people. Manufacturers decide to try and wait until consumer sending picks up and reduce their inventories and stop hiring as well. That was one of the more important reasons that the depression in 1937 was worse than that following the crash in 1929. The Affordable Care Act has had the same effect, and Ben Nelson cast the deciding vote for it - helping to prolong the recession, in my opinion, and turning the Nebraskan voters against him. Then everyone was holding their capital waiting to see what the SCOTUS was going to rule. It ruled the ACA constitutional, but businesses are still holding onto their money. Many believe that they are holding onto it until after November to see if the the current administration with its apparent goal of 2.0 % growth comes back for another four years.

• Fire 2

When the Government passes 2,600-page laws without rules written yet and with hidden taxes that no one has fully analyzed to determine their impact, most business owners (and banks for that matter) hold onto their capital instead of expanding their businesses and hiring people.

You bought the "ACA is prolonging the recession" argument?

I'd better add that to my stockpile. :lol:

It's hard to empathize with the democrats, however. They had crushing majorities in both chambers and the presidency, and what do we have to show for it? A sort of okay-crappy healthcare law? It also doesn't help when the president set the bipartisan tone early on by telling republicans, "We won."

The Democrat-controlled congress of the past few years was absolutely abysmal. Set this country back ten years.

When the Government passes 2,600-page laws without rules written yet and with hidden taxes that no one has fully analyzed to determine their impact, most business owners (and banks for that matter) hold onto their capital instead of expanding their businesses and hiring people.

You bought the "ACA is prolonging the recession" argument?

I'd better add that to my stockpile. :lol:

WP editorialist thinks so. After all, the WP is always right in the left-wing echo chambers.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/robert-samuelson-the-folly-of-obamacare/2012/06/17/gJQAf5o1jV_story.html

Oh, I just find the conclusive proof provided by a single opinion piece amusing.

The laughing smiley face seems the most efficient method of conveying that amusement.

Perhaps I can find an editorial about the efficiency of emoticons in expressing emotions.

Also . . . :lol:

WP editorialist thinks so.

:lol:

Merrriam-Webster defines it as one who writes editorials. Can you do anything except post "smiley faces"? I realize that it's quicker and time is money.

http://www.merriam-w...ry/editorialist

It might be hard for you to believe it, but it's often more efficient (and rewarding) to simply laugh at the inanity of your posts.

• Fire 2