Obama urges tighter background checks on gun buyers

I think it will stay frozen if shipped with dry ice "hint, hint" :D

I tell ya, I've seen some of the deer people have shot out here in the low desert. DAMN, I've shot coyotes bigger than them.

This is where they get the bambi killer label. :)

I think it will stay frozen if shipped with dry ice "hint, hint" :D

I tell ya, I've seen some of the deer people have shot out here in the low desert. DAMN, I've shot coyotes bigger than them.

This is where they get the bambi killer label. :)

that is what it was like in mississippi. they were like big dogs.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.fbi.gov/a...les/10tbl20.xls

just some info on firearm homicides in 2010 from the FBI files. Calif. with one of the more strict gun laws on the books 1257, Nebraska less gun laws, 51

TEXAS: 805 no gun laws :D almost up with Kali. me so confused, handguns were the majority

maybe and I mean just maybe it has to do the population density

and for BRI and Knapp WTH was that fiasco in NYC. No more spray and pray :(. A dep out here had worked at NYPD, he's been vewy, vewy qwiet. Those LEO's need to get more range time mandatory, unless they were rookies. DAMN I might have done better, MIGHT have if I had my glasses on :)

I had read somewhere that the DNC has started to put more gun control talks in their platform. why? less laws, more laws; nuthin' seems to work

how about one law: Use a gun to commit a crime, whether someone is or isn't injured or killed; go to jail, never see free daylight again. EVER. Yes, there are those individuals that would not be bothered or care one iota. This law would be ineffective on them. But they aren't the majority. Many of them never get arrested because they died during arrest by law enforcement.

yes, no..... Rawhide you're so full of it :D

and for BRI and Knapp WTH was that fiasco in NYC. No more spray and pray :(. A dep out here had worked at NYPD, he's been vewy, vewy qwiet. Those LEO's need to get more range time mandatory, unless they were rookies. DAMN I might have done better, MIGHT have if I had my glasses on :)

I know a half dozen guys on the job in NYC. They were less than impressed with what happened with that and intimated to me that there's a need for more range time.

It's like I said in a previous post; never been in that position and would like to think I'd react in a positive, controlled manner but.......hope I never have to. That's why sheepdogs have my admiration for choosing a occupation that requires the courage many people lack but all admire. Until there is a negative outcome. Notice how much of the media jumped all over that for a short period of time and are still ranting about the shootings not involving LEO's. Goes against the argument that only the military and LEO's should have guns :D

Here is a video, which amazes me with the reaction speed of this guard:

http://www.cnn.com/v...ernet-cafe.wesh

not sure if he's a security guard or off duty LEO; don't matter great response time and tactics

It's like I said in a previous post; never been in that position and would like to think I'd react in a positive, controlled manner but.......hope I never have to. That's why sheepdogs have my admiration for choosing a occupation that requires the courage many people lack but all admire. Until there is a negative outcome. Notice how much of the media jumped all over that for a short period of time and are still ranting about the shootings not involving LEO's. Goes against the argument that only the military and LEO's should have guns :D

Something that I don't have to want to experience either, but the geniuses that I work with, trivialize things like this, immediately heaping blame upon law enforcement, when if they were ever confronted with a similar situation, would probably run and hide, screaming for their mothers...

Here is a video, which amazes me with the reaction speed of this guard:

http://www.cnn.com/v...ernet-cafe.wesh

not sure if he's a security guard or off duty LEO; don't matter great response time and tactics

Regardless of if he's security or an off duty LEO, his tactics and response were nothing short of amazing.

• 3 weeks later...