mitt romney; the candidate of transparency?

post-10539-0-72550200-1343660908.jpg

Well done. I've long thought that the modern day GOP is the party of T-shirt appropriate slogans and not actual policy . . . I guess this fits rather well.

You mean in contrast to the ultimate all time slogan (of zero substance ---insert own vision here) of HOPE and CHANGE ??

Yeah, you've got me there Carl.............that really reeks of actual policy !

Well done. I've long thought that the modern day GOP is the party of T-shirt appropriate slogans and not actual policy . . . I guess this fits rather well.

You mean in contrast to the ultimate all time slogan (of zero substance ---insert own vision here) of HOPE and CHANGE ??

I agree that "Hope and Change" was stupid. Also, you seem to be assuming that I voted for Barack Obama.

But, anyways. Do go on about your (literal) T-Shirt slogan.

I agree that "Hope and Change" was stupid. Also, you seem to be assuming that I voted for Barack Obama.

Anyway(s)....?

Go on?

I simply posted it. What do you mean ....go on?

How about "It's hard to be humble, when you're a HUSKER"

Best slogan evah

wait, you wanted political? that's not PC anymore for "some" so political it is :D SLOGAN

sorry just wanted to be in this thread :)

Nobody sees my birth certificate, less you work in the Lancaster County Records Dept :D

Anyway(s)....?

Go on?

I simply posted it. What do you mean ....go on?

Yeah . . . you just posted it. And then you proceeded to complain about a different T-Shirt slogan. That's funny.

I posted it .........and THEN pointed out the obvious by referencing Hope and Change after your comment.

So . . . are the slogans stupid or not? And if they are . . . why post them?

Some of them (on both sides) cleverly make fairly salient points. If that is the venue to advance a cause, you can be sure both camps will continue..........

Some of them (on both sides) cleverly make fairly salient points. If that is the venue to advance a cause, you can be sure both camps will continue..........

The problem is that most sound clever . . . while not actually raising a real point. Your T-shirt is a good example of that. It sounds damning . . . but what does it actually mean?

No one said that you shouldn't care what Obama does with tax dollars. Also, what does that have to do with Mitt's hidden tax returns? The two are not related other than they are both campaigning for president and both involve money.

It's not really a salient point. It's supposed to sound clever . . . but it's a lot less clever when you think about the meaning.

The problem is that most sound clever . . . while not actually raising a real point. Your T-shirt is a good example of that. It sounds damning . . . but what does it actually mean?

No one said that you shouldn't care what Obama does with tax dollars. Also, what does that have to do with Mitt's hidden tax returns? The two are not related other than they are both campaigning for president and both involve money.

It's not really a salient point. It's supposed to sound clever . . . but it's a lot less clever when you think about the meaning.

it does not really matter though. it is just a rally cry for those so entrenched in their politics that they just want to hear what they already believe. politics as a spectacle, a sport.

Clever vs salient are not necessarily always mutually exclusive.

I think it's very salient what Obama is doing with the direction of the country (and by extension.....the monies of private citizens being redistributed via tax policies).