mitt romney; the candidate of transparency?

what Obama is doing with the direction of the country (and by extension.....the monies of private citizens being redistributed via tax policies).

Yes, using tax dollars for the common good... no president has ever done that before. The horror.

Nice oversimplification.........

what Obama is doing with the direction of the country (and by extension.....the monies of private citizens being redistributed via tax policies).

Yes, using tax dollars for the common good... no president has ever done that before. The horror.

Call it what you will. It's the truth. We have socialized many, many, many aspects of our society. Complaining that this president redistributes your money via tax policies is a farce.

Call it what you will. It's the truth. We have socialized many, many, many aspects of our society. Complaining that this president redistributes your money via tax policies is a farce.

It is not a farce based on what his extreme vision for taxation is

Under the ubiquitous guise of "fairness", assuming that anyone who has accumulated some artificial threshold of "wealth", has done so unfairly and must surrender more of it to those without it. (regardless of whether or not a situation is achieved via circumstances or simply choosing a handout)

I know of NO ONE who doesn't believe society ought to have some decent level of safety net for those who truly need it, but when we start defining "need" as being government issued cell phones, etc, we must at some point discuss what is the level of support truly needed. Do you disagree with that?

Yes.

I believe all of us should support those who are in need because of circumstance.

I don't believe we should support those who "choose" not to work if able.

I believe we should not penalize success. I think we should celebrate it and emulate it.

Our president and I seem to be at odds over these statements.

Since you are into specifics today.............a quick question.................do you believe the threshold of helping society members should include providing free cell phones and minutes?

Maybe you receive a free phone/minutes from a work plan, but most of the folks I know are uncomfortable with the idea that a cell is a necessity.

And yes...............I pay for my own.

Just so we're clear - it's OK when Romney asks Bush to give states greater flexibility in TANF, but not OK when Obama does it.

Now that we've gotten that cleared up....

Whose plan is this "free cell phone and minutes" thing? Where are you coming up with that?

Since you are into specifics today.............a quick question.................do you believe the threshold of helping society members should include providing free cell phones and minutes?

Maybe you receive a free phone/minutes from a work plan, but most of the folks I know are uncomfortable with the idea that a cell is a necessity.

And yes...............I pay for my own.

i am curious about where you are getting this welfare plan as well, but honestly it probably should be provided. have you ever tried to get a job without a phone? it should probably be done by a private non-profit, but think about all the unused phones that go to waste every year. the minutes should be a legitimate tax credit by phone companies. $.10 or something like that for every minute provided to a person who qualifies.

Been in the news for a while now............And while I agree with sd'sker it would be harder to find a job without it.................it begs the question of whether or not taxpayers (many of whom probably have to stretch dollars to pay for their OWN phone should be forced to buy them for others). And if so...................where is the limit? It's probably harder to find a job without a car too............is there enough justification for that too?

http://newmediajournal.us/indx.php/item/2462