2012 Season, a c$%k's perspective

I think that Texas game was an aberration. It was one of the very few times I can ever recall that we just plain CHOKED..........no other way to excuse it.........

Exactly. It was an awesome display of stone-handed wrs with us dropping passes all game long.

There are two teams in every game, so you can't just look at one side of the puzzle. This is why I feel better about the Michigan game. Brady Hoke's teams struggle on the road and Dennard sucks on the road too.

Blanket statements like this confuse me. Hoke's teams struggle on the road? He's had ONE TEAM!

Ha! That's fair enough.

We'll know a bit more after this year.

InYourEar,

I find it interesting and almost hilarious that you, as non-Nebraska fan/outsider, have a more positive outlook about this team than half our fans do.

:blink:

:thumbs

I like to bet on sports. I try to look at statistics, history (experience), player profiles, etc.... If you dive into some of those areas, y'all just might see that y'all got some good things going. At least on paper, everything is shaping up for NU. My low end projection would be 1 loss from the Big1G Championship game, but with that schedule and running game a trip to the Big1G championship game is entirely reasonable.

• Fire 1

I like to bet on sports. I try to look at statistics, history (experience), player profiles, etc.... If you dive into some of those areas, y'all just might see that y'all got some good things going. At least on paper, everything is shaping up for NU. My low end projection would be 1 loss from the Big1G Championship game, but with that schedule and running game a trip to the Big1G championship game is entirely reasonable.

It'll be interesting to see what NU does this year. 9-3 is the more probable and likely but if a few key bounces, calls, staying healthy, etc go our way...

InYourEar,

I find it interesting and almost hilarious that you, as non-Nebraska fan/outsider, have a more positive outlook about this team than half our fans do.

:blink:

:thumbs

yeah, well, it is a long ways from paper to productivity.....9 wins is good, but this team needs to win against some quality opponents and play 4 quarters of football!

There are two teams in every game, so you can't just look at one side of the puzzle. This is why I feel better about the Michigan game. Brady Hoke's teams struggle on the road and Dennard sucks on the road too.

Blanket statements like this confuse me. Hoke's teams struggle on the road? He's had ONE TEAM!

Have you considered that Hoke has had other teams outside of Michigan?

Have you considered that Hoke has had other teams outside of Michigan?

Only two, and they don't count.

We're just a little over a month until the season starts. I decided to pull for y'all to in the Big1G and I think you have a shot. I don't think y'all are as under the radar as some people are predicting. The way I see it:

- 8 starters returning on Offense

-retrurning, QB, RB, both WR's, 3 OL, and TE

-have 4 guys back on the line (3 OL and TE) is big

- 8 starters returning on Defense

-returning , both DE's, DT, Buck, MLB, 3 of the 4 guys in secondary.

- Maher is returning (he was great at the Cap One Bowl)

- ranked 15th in NCAA for rushing yards a year ago.

- ranked 104th in passing, but Cotton missed games and the WR's are back and more experienced. Also, you don' have to pass if you can run over people.

- Total defense was ranked 37th last year, and you're returning a lot of starters.

- 18th in Pass Defense

- Total offense was ranked 66th last year, and your're returning a lot of starters in skill positions (so they're more experienced.)

- 27th in Net Punting

- 7th in Kickoff returns ( I believe your return man is back)

- However, low rankings for turnovers, sacks and TFL's.

- One of your biggest reasons I pick y'all to win the Legends division this year is due to scheduling.

DATE OPPONENT RESULT/TIME RECORD/TICKETS Sat, Sept 1

3:30 PM ET networkLogo_abc.gif networkLogo_espn2.gif Tickets Sat, Sept 8

7:30 PM ET Tickets Sat, Sept 15

12:00 PM ET Tickets Sat, Sept 22

TBD Tickets Sat, Sept 29

8:00 PM ET networkLogo_abc.gif Tickets Sat, Oct 6

8:00 PM ET Tickets Sat, Oct 20

TBD Tickets Sat, Oct 27

8:00 PM ET Tickets Sat, Nov 3

TBD Tickets Sat, Nov 10

TBD Tickets Sat, Nov 17

TBD Tickets Fri, Nov 23

12:00 PM ET networkLogo_abc.gif Tickets

IMO, your 2 toughest games are Mich and Wisc, both are at home. Your toughest OOC game is UCLA and they suck. You'll open the season at 4-0, then it's some close games after that.

- Iowa is missing too many pieces and doesn't have a lot of starters returning.

- Mich State is in the same boat as Iowa

- The rest of the division aren't Top 25 teams, except...

- Michigan is the key here. You beat them at home, you win the division, IMO. (They lost some key DL men)

-You guys should find yourself in a rematch with Wisconsin for the Big1G championship.

Here's an idea, how about we both go 13-0 and I'll see y'all in Miami! :cheers

Good luck this season.

Good luck and hope we see you there.

Here is a good Q&A with Rex that makes comments to being more consistent. I especially like the part that states he realizes leading by example is not enough. He needs to be more vocal and bring some fire. Seems to agree with a lot of posters comments the past few years that we need more vocal leaders on the field. He is a solid kid. I hope he gets some post season accolades this year. He has earned them.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=205531905