2012 Season, a c$%k's perspective

We're just a little over a month until the season starts. I decided to pull for y'all to in the Big1G and I think you have a shot. I don't think y'all are as under the radar as some people are predicting. The way I see it:

- 8 starters returning on Offense

-retrurning, QB, RB, both WR's, 3 OL, and TE

-have 4 guys back on the line (3 OL and TE) is big

- 8 starters returning on Defense

-returning , both DE's, DT, Buck, MLB, 3 of the 4 guys in secondary.

- Maher is returning (he was great at the Cap One Bowl)

- ranked 15th in NCAA for rushing yards a year ago.

- ranked 104th in passing, but Cotton missed games and the WR's are back and more experienced. Also, you don' have to pass if you can run over people.

- Total defense was ranked 37th last year, and you're returning a lot of starters.

- 18th in Pass Defense

- Total offense was ranked 66th last year, and your're returning a lot of starters in skill positions (so they're more experienced.)

- 27th in Net Punting

- 7th in Kickoff returns ( I believe your return man is back)

- However, low rankings for turnovers, sacks and TFL's.

- One of your biggest reasons I pick y'all to win the Legends division this year is due to scheduling.

DATE OPPONENT RESULT/TIME RECORD/TICKETS Sat, Sept 1

3:30 PM ET networkLogo_abc.gif networkLogo_espn2.gif Tickets Sat, Sept 8

7:30 PM ET Tickets Sat, Sept 15

12:00 PM ET Tickets Sat, Sept 22

TBD Tickets Sat, Sept 29

8:00 PM ET networkLogo_abc.gif Tickets Sat, Oct 6

8:00 PM ET Tickets Sat, Oct 20

TBD Tickets Sat, Oct 27

8:00 PM ET Tickets Sat, Nov 3

TBD Tickets Sat, Nov 10

TBD Tickets Sat, Nov 17

TBD Tickets Fri, Nov 23

12:00 PM ET networkLogo_abc.gif Tickets

IMO, your 2 toughest games are Mich and Wisc, both are at home. Your toughest OOC game is UCLA and they suck. You'll open the season at 4-0, then it's some close games after that.

- Iowa is missing too many pieces and doesn't have a lot of starters returning.

- Mich State is in the same boat as Iowa

- The rest of the division aren't Top 25 teams, except...

- Michigan is the key here. You beat them at home, you win the division, IMO. (They lost some key DL men)

-You guys should find yourself in a rematch with Wisconsin for the Big1G championship.

Here's an idea, how about we both go 13-0 and I'll see y'all in Miami! :cheers

Good luck this season.

• Fire 1

Good luck to you guys too!

Some side notes:

Michigan: They will be 2-2 in the non-conference and end up with 4-5 losses

OSU: Braxton Miller is AWESOME...when he is running. When he is throwing, he is terrible

Wisconsin: No wide outs and no running QB...Ouch

MSU: Nasty defense but no offense this year. Lots of close games and will need some luck to win them.

Good luck to you guys too!

Some side notes:

Michigan: They will be 2-2 in the non-conference and end up with 4-5 losses

OSU: Braxton Miller is AWESOME...when he is running. When he is throwing, he is terrible

Wisconsin: No wide outs and no running QB...Ouch

MSU: Nasty defense but no offense this year. Lots of close games and will need some luck to win them.

Jared Abbrederis??

Braxton Miller is more than capable of ruining our day through the air.

Bo's record of dealing with mobile quarterbacks should speak for itself when discussing concerns with Michigan and Ohio State.

The Ohio State game has me worried. Very worried. We had a lot of luck that enabled us to win that game last year. I think Ohio State is going to want some payback and the game is in Columbus. Wisconsin does not scare me at all. New QB and the game is in Lincoln. This will be our payback game. If our offense and defense even make modest strides, we could have a huge season barring injuries at key positions.

Best Wishes with your season as well! I believe we are going to quietly win every game this year. We're just going to go in (whether at home or away) focusing on each game as the most important game of the year, play the toughest football we can, win, then move on to the next game. Never treating one game more important than the next. We dismissed some teams last year (namely Northwestern) and lost. This year, my hope is that our team is focused and ready to play every time we hit the field. GBR!

Bo's record of dealing with mobile quarterbacks should speak for itself when discussing concerns with Michigan and Ohio State.

The Ohio State game has me worried. Very worried. We had a lot of luck that enabled us to win that game last year. I think Ohio State is going to want some payback and the game is in Columbus. Wisconsin does not scare me at all. New QB and the game is in Lincoln. This will be our payback game. If our offense and defense even make modest strides, we could have a huge season barring injuries at key positions.

I'd like to feel that way as well, but Texas a few years ago was supposed to be our "payback" game. The hype of the game, and the new uni's, I hope we fare better this year unlike that game.

No, he is not more than capable of ruining our day through the air. Now, can he run around for 10 seconds like a playstation QB, chuck one up and have a guy catch it, sure. But, he can't stand back there and dissect a team. Meyer won't try to have him do that either.

There are two teams in every game, so you can't just look at one side of the puzzle. This is why I feel better about the Michigan game. Brady Hoke's teams struggle on the road and Dennard sucks on the road too.

Blanket statements like this confuse me. Hoke's teams struggle on the road? He's had ONE TEAM!

No, he is not more than capable of ruining our day through the air. Now, can he run around for 10 seconds like a playstation QB, chuck one up and have a guy catch it, sure. But, he can't stand back there and dissect a team. Meyer won't try to have him do that either.

Even if that were the case, we've seen what Urban can do with a quarterback that's has "questionable" passing ability.

I watched the OSU/Mich game again and saw a more than capable passing quarterback.

I have a feeling the offense could be pretty formidable this year if they can stay healthy and the OL comes together. I think although they lose the big names they may have a better team approach and may be able to do more things with more experience (variations of the d and blitzes etc). I really hope the defense can put it all together and be vastly improved this year. I have cautious optimism for this year.

Beyond the football talk let me just say that I love that we have fans from other teams on here to give us perspective from the outside. Thanks to those from outside Husker fandom that come on here to have intelligent conversation about football. I really really enjoy it.

Thanks for your post CockInYourEar. Good luck to you as well, maybe we can meet up as you say in Miami and maybe we will play a better game!