I'm getting home from Turkmenistan in two weeks, and after a few days of 'Merican food I need to "clean out" a little. I dont know if anyone has lived on a Russian type diet, but its worse than I could of ever imagined. Heavy, heavy stew, pasta, meat, stews, meat, fat, more meat, a side of meat, fat, and...... barley, no salad or fruit in sight. So I've been reading about the reboot thing where you live on fresh juice for a few days and "reboot" your system. I dont really buy into the whole "detox" thing, but I do think getting this mashed up diet out of me ASAP, and getting some seriously healthy food in me, will work wonders (I feel like crap all day every day right now), but before I drop some coin and a spiffy new juicer I just wanted to see if anyone has done this or knows someone who has. Most of the info out there has obviously been planted (bad sign), or the negative stuff just seems like a D-Bag with something to prove. Anyway any help, advice, or warnings would be helpful.

Link for more info: http://www.jointhereboot.com/

Some of you may of seen his documentary "Fat, Sick, and nearly Dead". On the upside the site doesn't sell you anything, and the movie is free.

Also if there is enough interest, I will post updates as I do this if people want....

re: detox diets...http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/guide/detox-diets-purging-myths

http://www.self.com/fooddiet/2010/11/detox-diets-debunked

There's a lot of myths about detoxing. As one of the links says, we have a liver and kidney for that specific reason.

I think what people are wanting, is just to get rid of that icky feeling after eating a sh#t load of food over the course of a short time. For example, I did it last night when I over endulged at a local restaurant that I was trying for the first time. You feel like sh#t. Your stomach feels bloated, you are depressed you ate that much, you feel fat, etc. In my, non-scientific opinion, it's just because you ate ridiculous amounts of food/booze. And the best way to "detox" your body is to just reverse your ways. In other words, STOP eating sh#t and eat healthy food. It's really that simple. Change your diet to simple foods like lean meats and veggies...cut the carbs and high fat foods. Stop eating at restaurants who have high sugar/salty foods. And ditch the alcohol for water! Then add a work out regiment.

Crash diets, like detox diets, can only cause problems. The human body, luckily, can bounce back after short periods of binge eating/drinking. Just try and focus on staying healthy.

Of course....do as I say, not as I do ;)

re: detox diets...http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/guide/detox-diets-purging-myths

http://www.self.com/...-diets-debunked

There's a lot of myths about detoxing. As one of the links says, we have a liver and kidney for that specific reason.

I think what people are wanting, is just to get rid of that icky feeling after eating a sh#t load of food over the course of a short time. For example, I did it last night when I over endulged at a local restaurant that I was trying for the first time. You feel like sh#t. Your stomach feels bloated, you are depressed you ate that much, you feel fat, etc. In my, non-scientific opinion, it's just because you ate ridiculous amounts of food/booze. And the best way to "detox" your body is to just reverse your ways. In other words, STOP eating sh#t and eat healthy food. It's really that simple. Change your diet to simple foods like lean meats and veggies...cut the carbs and high fat foods. Stop eating at restaurants who have high sugar/salty foods. And ditch the alcohol for water! Then add a work out regiment.

Crash diets, like detox diets, can only cause problems. The human body, luckily, can bounce back after short periods of binge eating/drinking. Just try and focus on staying healthy.

True. Fresh fruit and veggies will do wonders for the colon.

http://www.self.com/...-diets-debunked

This is my thought for the most part as well. The human body is an amazing thing, capable of wonderful things, and I dont buy into the "detox" part of it either, I guess I was looking at it from hurry up and shove a bunch of healthy food into me so I can feel better after two months of crap food, and crap water. Maybe I am looking for some kind of cure all (again BS), and its entirely possible once I get home, the feeling will pass in a day or two of my normal sorta-healthy diet, and salad, lots of salad.....

Why pu&&y foot around? Just drink a pint of Golytely and hang close to the bathroom. That'll clean the ole system out.

Juice diet vs Golytely. Like the difference between waving a sparkler around on the Fourth of July. Or blowing off a handful of M-80s. :lol:

• Fire 1

Why pu&&y foot around? Just drink a pint of Golytely and hang close to the bathroom. That'll clean the ole system out.

Juice diet vs Golytely. Like the difference between waving a sparkler around on the Fourth of July. Or blowing off a handful of M-80s. :lol:

I've been peeing out my back side for 7 weeks now, I dont think speed is the issue, just whats left behind.... Sorry for that....