Lazik Eye Surgery prices

I got it done ~8yrs ago...my work insurance plan cut 20% off the price. Dr. John Liu from Omaha Eye and Laser did mine. I've had a few friends/family do the same and would recommend them. The only issue I have is some halos while night driving.

It's amazing to me that you can show up with cash in hand and be charged a higher price than people using insurance reimbursement. Insurance companies have completely screwed up the economics of the medical industry.

it is a two-tiered system. insurance companies have a lot of leverage and bargaining power with hospitals.

I got it done ~8yrs ago...my work insurance plan cut 20% off the price. Dr. John Liu from Omaha Eye and Laser did mine. I've had a few friends/family do the same and would recommend them. The only issue I have is some halos while night driving.

It's amazing to me that you can show up with cash in hand and be charged a higher price than people using insurance reimbursement. Insurance companies have completely screwed up the economics of the medical industry.

it is a two-tiered system. insurance companies have a lot of leverage and bargaining power with hospitals.

This is why our medical system is so jacked up.

Well guys i had it done yesterday around 1.

Painless my a$$. they have to suction your eye, get it to pop out a bit prior to the lazers. "Ok now you shouldn't feel a thing here..." *schlick* I then let out an F bomb with my outdoor voice as my left leg shot up. Surprised the heck out of the doctor. He said "you felt that?" Damn right I felt that! Felt like someone grabbed my eye with a needle nose and gave it a little twist. In goes about a dozen more numbing drops and it was much better.

Lazer part was cake. I could smell by eye burning, creepy but didn't feel a thing.

Whole thing was probably 15 minutes for both eyes.

So i get home, and my eyes get really sore, I can barely open them, agony. I'm tearing through the medicine cabinet searching for nyquil, which sucks cuz it's dark, and i'm wearing sunglasses, at this point light is my enemy. Finally find the triangle shaped bottle and take three swallows.

I pass out for around 6 hours and wake up feeling MUCH better. Dry eyes, i can see great but it's hazy, i compare it to wearing really dry contacts.

Follow up was at 8 today, I now have 20/15 vision, better than i ever had with glasses or contacts. Haze is slowly decreasing, taking a lot of eyedrops. light is ok now.

In a couple months everything should be clear, no more star bursts at night or haze.

All in all, it's pretty sweet not having to wear contacts, and getting to wake up to sharp vision is new and fantastic.

I almost threw up at the first part...

I think you might have made it so i will never get this surgery...................

Painless my a$$. they have to suction your eye, get it to pop out a bit prior to the lazers. "Ok now you shouldn't feel a thing here..." *schlick* I then let out an F bomb with my outdoor voice as my left leg shot up. Surprised the heck out of the doctor. He said "you felt that?" Damn right I felt that! Felt like someone grabbed my eye with a needle nose and gave it a little twist. In goes about a dozen more numbing drops and it was much better.

Lazer part was cake. I could smell by eye burning, creepy but didn't feel a thing.

So i get home, and my eyes get really sore, I can barely open them, agony. I'm tearing through the medicine cabinet searching for nyquil, which sucks cuz it's dark, and i'm wearing sunglasses, at this point light is my enemy. Finally find the triangle shaped bottle and take three swallows.

I pass out for around 6 hours and wake up feeling MUCH better. Dry eyes, i can see great but it's hazy, i compare it to wearing really dry contacts.

Follow up was at 8 today, I now have 20/15 vision, better than i ever had with glasses or contacts. Haze is slowly decreasing, taking a lot of eyedrops. light is ok now.

In a couple months everything should be clear, no more star bursts at night or haze.

All in all, it's pretty sweet not having to wear contacts, and getting to wake up to sharp vision is new and fantastic.

I think you might have made it so i will never get this surgery...................

that was rather grotesque, but i still think it would be worth it. i hate glasses and i hate getting an eye exam every year just to buy contacts.

that was rather grotesque, but i still think it would be worth it. i hate glasses and i hate getting an eye exam every year just to buy contacts.

Yes.. I also have an eye phobia.....

Weirdest thing for me, when I got mine done, was when they flapped open the eye and you go blind during the laser zap.

Yeah, that happened to me for like two seconds, it was like watching a very faint fireworks show for a little bit.

Sorry if I freaked anyone out, just was giving my honest experience with this.

I can see so good now I wish I would have had this done years ago. I can already tell it's worth every penny.

The procedure sucks, and so does the 4-6 hours following it, after that it's smooth sailing.

I used to hate those yearly check ups too.

Check your PM, i'll tell you how i used to avoid those checkups...