Starting Lineup guesswork

knapplc

I heard they were putting weight on guys to bulk them up for the Big Ten. I think that's a mistake.

I thought I read that's what they did last year and that they got a new nutritionist/dietician. I hadn't heard anything about them doing it this year.

Bo said they left no rock unturned. They changed direction a bit in their workouts and worked to be more explosive vs bulking up.

i think that will be a big plus for the defense. sometimes you can get too big and feel uncomfortable with your weight and you cant move as well, if you can find that combination where you are bigger yet you are comfortable your going to play lights out and confident. i look for this years defense to play more confident and more aggressive.

I heard they were putting weight on guys to bulk them up for the Big Ten. I think that's a mistake.

I thought I read that's what they did last year and that they got a new nutritionist/dietician. I hadn't heard anything about them doing it this year.

Bo said they left no rock unturned. They changed direction a bit in their workouts and worked to be more explosive vs bulking up.

Ya they did that last offseason, and it was a big mistake. Dinardo even mentions how different we look physically and how much better conditioned we are this year in the BTN preview.

Osbourne has been hurt most his career. They put too much weight on Merdith to "get ready for the physical big 10" and he lost alot of athleticism, PJ has been trying to learn how to tackle for the last few years. Andrew Green is just fine, he is not small 6' 200 is good size for a corner, and he is excellent in run support. He went thru some growing pains last year and is better for it, expecting a huge year out of him, hes been busting his butt all offseason and Joseph said he would call him 5 times a week to ask him questions, hes been a film room junkie.

Evans is really picking up the defense and has gotten alot better at nickle. Hagg did such a good job there, we never noticed how important he was even thou the coaches kept telling us that. Evans admitted to being confused quite a bit last year not knowing where to line up, he will be better this year, but CJ will be hot on his heals if he doesnt watch out.

Osbourne has been hurt most his career. They put too much weight on Merdith to "get ready for the physical big 10" and he lost alot of athleticism, PJ has been trying to learn how to tackle for the last few years. Andrew Green is just fine, he is not small 6' 200 is good size for a corner, and he is excellent in run support. He went thru some growing pains last year and is better for it, expecting a huge year out of him, hes been busting his butt all offseason and Joseph said he would call him 5 times a week to ask him questions, hes been a film room junkie.

Evans is really picking up the defense and has gotten alot better at nickle. Hagg did such a good job there, we never noticed how important he was even thou the coaches kept telling us that. Evans admitted to being confused quite a bit last year not knowing where to line up, he will be better this year, but CJ will be hot on his heals if he doesnt watch out.

Do hope PJ has learned to wrap-up. He and his bookend missing tackles left and right had a significant hand in us losing that Texas game and of course led to him sitting.

Wish Aaron had Andrew's work ethic, kid should have a good year. Really like the teaching Joseph is doing with all the tests and using different modalties depending on how each guy learns.

Ciante was pretty disappointing last season after showing a lot of potential as a frosh. Glad he's picked things up and has his confidence back. Nickel-spot got exploited too much last season, hopefully it becomes a strength like it was with Haag.

Any idea who comes in for dime package?

Really looking forward to see what the secondary does this year. Think Joseph will be a difference-maker.