Biden: "Back in chains!"

For the record, when you get to know me, you will realize that even though I am pretty much conservative, I absolutely can't STAND Fox News channel, Rush, O'Reilly...etc.

I put them right up there with Maddow and MSNBC. I personally believe that the media in this country is even more of a threat to our future than anyone who is in Washington or wants to be in Washington.

That said, most reporters covering the election would have absolutely gone bonkers over this if a republican candidate had said it.

Here is an example. Now, before I say this, Akin's comment is completely stupid and I believe he should just go away and never be heard from again because of it. HOWEVER....his competitor in 2006 while running for Senate said.....“George Bush let people die on rooftops in New Orleans because they were poor and because they were black.”

This is just as stupid and unbelievably insensitive. Is anyone in the media even thinking that maybe BOTH candidates should go pound sand?

It's a tremendous stretch to make this racist. He was talking about serfs, not slaves.

Biden is stupid enough in front of a mic as it is without trying to glom on all this extra racial crap.

maybe it was stupid, but it was not racist. (honestly, i think it was quite accurate. our financial security and futures are at the whims of speculators).

BS....His comments were aimed right at the african Americans in the audience and meant to remind them of slavery. If a Republican would have said the same thing the national media would have crucified him.

people are saying it was stupid, i just do not see it. what was wrong with him saying that?

For the record, when you get to know me, you will realize that even though I am pretty much conservative, I absolutely can't STAND Fox News channel, Rush, O'Reilly...

I put them right up there with Maddow and MSNBC. I personally believe that the media in this country is even more of a threat to our future than anyone who is in Washington or wants to be in Washington.

why does maddow get thrown in the mix with rush and o'reilly. just because she is left-leaning does not make her a blowhard. she reports on stories that will interest the left, but she is not inaccurate and she provides plenty of context. i always find this unfair, the right were so vitriolic (and that is why they are criticized), but they make it seem like their bias is why they are crucified. so whenever someone criticizes them, well it is no worse than this left-leaning commentator. and to be fair, maddow is the only televised news i watch (irregularly at that. sometimes i will watch 'the daily show' but that should not really count).

furthermore, the model created by rush just does not work on the left. air america tried and completely failed. angry and spite just does not sell as well to the left.

people are saying it was stupid, i just do not see it. what was wrong with him saying that?

"Back in chains" is just (IMO) a stupid way to make an argument. He (and the message) would be better served by less inflammatory rhetoric.

i mean, i get that everyone thinks it is stupid but me. but how else would you describe what the financial industry would do to us if completely unregulated? a bomb metaphor, maybe? i do not know. you are apparently right, i just do not see it as a big deal.

i mean, i get that everyone thinks it is stupid but me. but how else would you describe what the financial industry would do to us if completely unregulated? a bomb metaphor, maybe? i do not know. you are apparently right, i just do not see it as a big deal.

Maybe go with a screwing metaphor. :lol:

Maybe go with a screwing metaphor. :lol:

that is better served with oil drilling.

It's a tremendous stretch to make this racist. He was talking about serfs, not slaves.

Biden is stupid enough in front of a mic as it is without trying to glom on all this extra racial crap.

maybe it was stupid, but it was not racist. (honestly, i think it was quite accurate. our financial security and futures are at the whims of speculators).

BS....His comments were aimed right at the african Americans in the audience and meant to remind them of slavery. If a Republican would have said the same thing the national media would have crucified him.

Here is how some people take that. OH...we can't vote for a Republican because they want to take us back to slavery. You don't think so??? There are stupid people in this world and this is no worse than someone from the right playing to the Obama is a Muslim argument making people think he supports terrorism.

It is a very dangerous road to go down.

For the record, when you get to know me, you will realize that even though I am pretty much conservative, I absolutely can't STAND Fox News channel, Rush, O'Reilly...

why does maddow get thrown in the mix with rush and o'reilly. just because she is left-leaning does not make her a blowhard. she reports on stories that will interest the left, but she is not inaccurate and she provides plenty of context. i always find this unfair, the right were so vitriolic (and that is why they are criticized), but they make it seem like their bias is why they are crucified. so whenever someone criticizes them, well it is no worse than this left-leaning commentator. and to be fair, maddow is the only televised news i watch (irregularly at that. sometimes i will watch 'the daily show' but that should not really count).

furthermore, the model created by rush just does not work on the left. air america tried and completely failed. angry and spite just does not sell as well to the left.

You don't think she is innaccurate because she slants towards your views. This is no different than someone from the right thinking ORielly just talks about topics that are in the news.

Give me a break and you can throw Oberman in there too. All of these people are in the pockets of their respective parties. They make their money off of getting the people on their side of issues all worked up no matter if it is rational or not. I have watched Maddow before and she is no different. I refuse to watch any of them anymore.

The problem is that non of it will get fixed untill people start holding the media people on THEIR side accountable. That goes for both conservatives and liberals.