Biden: "Back in chains!"

From the article:

Biden later clarified his remarks, saying, "blah blah blah"

Anyone else beyond tired of politicians "clarifying" their remarks? I get the occasional misspoken word - we all have them. But when someone (BIDEN) does this stuff over and over and over, it's so easy to tune them out.

Ya know, I'm not an Obama guy but wouldn't Barack's chances of re-election be greatly improved if he dumped ole uncle Joe and got a new VP running mate? You know, somebody that couId keep their foot out of their mouth and not have to be sequestered away from public events. However, I must say that I kind of like Biden because he is sort of like the town drunk on Mayberry, fairly harmless, but a great source of amusement from his antics. When I heard this back in chains deal, all I could think of was a while back when Joe asked the guy in the wheel chair to stand up. I would love to see Paul Ryan debate Joe (even though it would be a terrible waste of time).

Asked an African American co-worker their thoughts on the comment. Said she wasn't offended about the comment, but did think that the comments were aimed at the African Americans only in the audience and that the comments were meant to conjure up images of slavery and that they were divisive.

Unsure how other folks took it ie racist, divisive, just another stupid comment etc..., but I was like damn. He just went there. The same as saying "you people" Not really a term of flattery or endearment.

GW's gaffs made me laugh. Even now they still do ie nuklur Biden makes me think WTH? This guy is really the VP. Wow.

Obama has to cringe every time the guy hits the stage. IMO, Biden will be under a crazy microscope for a while.

It's a tremendous stretch to make this racist. He was talking about serfs, not slaves.

Biden is stupid enough in front of a mic as it is without trying to glom on all this extra racial crap.

maybe it was stupid, but it was not racist. (honestly, i think it was quite accurate. our financial security and futures are at the whims of speculators).

It's a tremendous stretch to make this racist. He was talking about serfs, not slaves.

Biden is stupid enough in front of a mic as it is without trying to glom on all this extra racial crap.

maybe it was stupid, but it was not racist. (honestly, i think it was quite accurate. our financial security and futures are at the whims of speculators).

BS....His comments were aimed right at the african Americans in the audience and meant to remind them of slavery. If a Republican would have said the same thing the national media would have crucified him.

BS....His comments were aimed right at the african Americans in the audience and meant to remind them of slavery.

I agree that it was directed at this audience . . . perhaps not so much racist . . . as "playing the race card." (Gods, I hate that phrase.)

If a Republican would have said the same thing the national media would have crucified him.

Not the mainstream conservative media, though.