Lawyers against big Tobacco go after big Food

Pink Slime was overblown BS. It's sprayed with the same chemicals every other bit of beef is sprayed with. It comes from cows. It's not only NOT garbage, it's food. Plain and simple.

The only problem I had with Pink Slime was that I wasn't told it was in my food. If I had known, and paid an appropriate price, I would have had no problem with it. I was paying for 100% ground round and getting 80% ground round and 20% connective tissue and other whatnot. Tell me what's in it and let me decide.

Anyone horrified by "Pink Slime" should watch No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain for a season or two. The man travels the world eating this kind of stuff (and worse), and it's just fine. The deception comes from nondisclosure. Otherwise.... it's just beef in a different form.

Pink Slime was overblown BS. It's sprayed with the same chemicals every other bit of beef is sprayed with. It comes from cows. It's not only NOT garbage, it's food. Plain and simple.

The only problem I had with Pink Slime was that I wasn't told it was in my food. If I had known, and paid an appropriate price, I would have had no problem with it. I was paying for 100% ground round and getting 80% ground round and 20% connective tissue and other whatnot. Tell me what's in it and let me decide.

Anyone horrified by "Pink Slime" should watch No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain for a season or two. The man travels the world eating this kind of stuff (and worse), and it's just fine. The deception comes from nondisclosure. Otherwise.... it's just beef in a different form.

that, and it has an unfortunate name.

Ammonia is not a standard chemical treatment for food. That is where much of the uproar came from.

I'm totally with you that not being told about it is huge. Everything needs to be labeled, but the big ag businesses fight it at every step.