predictions for next year anyone?

peterbilt

I still contend there is no reason we should lose more than 2 or maybe 3 games next year. Again, the schedule is not tough by any means. We're going to play probably only 2 ranked teams next year. Yeah, we'll lose to those teams. However, the rest of the teams will be mediocre just like this year.

:yeah NU should probably only lose 2-3 games next year, but they probably could have gone undefeated this year, too (up to this point), with the easy schedule they had, but look how it played out.

This staff has found ways to turn gimme wins into question marks, and tossup games into certain losses.

as many have said......it is wayyyyyy to early to start this prediction game.....how we play against CU and how/who we play in a bowl game will give us the chance to build on something during the off-season or cause us to start from scratch again, IMHO.....the real issue is the progress of the freshman for the rest of the season and next spring/summer........they will be key as to how much improved this team will be next year......as for schedule, it certainly appears tougher to me...

hunter

This staff has found ways to turn gimme wins into question marks, and tossup games into certain losses.

LeKevin, when you get the ball, try to run with it. And don't carry it well. Carry it kind of loose so someone could knock it out of your hand. Ok?

:sarcasm

My thoughts on next season from another thread:

1. TBA - a patsie to boost the record (WIN)

2. USC - draw your own conclusions (LOSS)

3. TBA - likely another patsie. Pederson and Callahan have to do well next year, so I don't expect them to make this one difficult. (WIN)

4. Kansas - at NU, they lose a good bit of their defense, but I expect this will remain a tough game for us. Playing at home gives us a chance to win though (50/50)

5. Iowa State - at Iowa State. If they are healthy this year we would have lost in Lincoln. I don't think we win on the road against them (LOSS)

6. Kansas State - at K.State. we barely beat them at home. they have a young QB who will have more experience, but are also going through a coaching change. Makes it tough that it is on the road (50/50)

7. Texas - ouch

8. OK State - on the road - poor team this year, no clear vision on how good they will be next year, though. (WIN)

9. Missouri - at home, beat us badly this year, they lose their QB Smith, but FR Chase Daniel has gotten a lot of snaps and looks like he can play. 4 of the top receivers are back. We probably win, but this isn't an easy game. (WIN)

10. Texas A&M - on the road, another senior QB who is leaving, but a FR has gotten snaps and looked good also. two of top 3 receivers are gone, top RB returns. (LOSS - although I assume we split the two games with Missouri and A&M)

11. Colorado at home. They lose their QB, we should have a good shot at this game, but it isn't a guaranteed win (WIN)

I see 5 games that look very winnable on paper, 4 games that look like losses, and 2 that are tossups. If we play like we did this year, we could easily go 5-6 - and that is IF (and that is a BIG IF) we don't schedule anybody tough on our open dates. We were lucky with our schedule this year, but if we don't improve things will get tougher next year.

Even the games I put as wins on this schedule could turn into tossups. I don't see anyway we beat USC or Texas

LeKevin, when you get the ball, try to run with it. And don't carry it well. Carry it kind of loose so someone could knock it out of your hand. Ok?

Yep, its called coaching smart football, ya know, when you fumble, fall on the ball and cut your losses. Lining up properly. No false starts. Wrap up when you tackle. Be in posistion. Dont throw the ball into the arms of the defender.

Oh, thats right, a coaches only duty is to RECRUIT highly touted players, set them on the field, and let er rip!!!!! :thumbs

Yep that usually gets the job done :sarcasm

Yep, its called coaching smart football, ya know, when you fumble, fall on the ball and cut your losses. Lining up properly. No false starts. Wrap up when you tackle. Be in posistion. Dont throw the ball into the arms of the defender.

Oh, thats right, a coaches only duty is to RECRUIT highly touted players, set them on the field, and let er rip!!!!! :thumbs

Yep that usually gets the job done :sarcasm

You crack me up.

USC---they wont have Lienhart but Bush should be back (L)

KU---in lincoln (W)

ISU--lose key people (W)

KSU--coaching change (W)

Texas--with Vince Young L with out ???? (L)

OSU--bad team (W)

MU---at home Brad Smith gone (W)

Texas AM---didnt they get bet by OSU and squeaked a win at baylor (W)

CU---at home, key losses on d-line and no Klatt but 99% of time a good game (???)

with a few good breaks NU could be 9-2, a few bad breaks and NU could be 2-9

if a worm had a shotgun would the birds f*** with him?

realisticly I see 7-4 maybe 8-3

GBR

USC---they wont have Lienhart but Bush should be back (L)

KU---in lincoln (W)

ISU--lose key people (W)

KSU--coaching change (W)

OSU--bad team (W)

Texas AM---didnt they get bet by OSU and squeaked a win at baylor (W)

CU---at home, key losses on d-line and no Klatt but 99% of time a good game (???)

GBR

You say that ISU loses key people. However, their QB is a sophomore, RB is a Junior, and the two top receivers are a junior and sophomore respectively. I suspect this team will be better next year.

USC---they wont have Lienhart but Bush should be back   (L)

KU---in lincoln (W)

ISU--lose key people (W)

KSU--coaching change (W)

OSU--bad team (W)

Texas AM---didnt they get bet by OSU and squeaked a win at baylor     (W)

GBR

You say that ISU loses key people. However, their QB is a sophomore, RB is a Junior, and the two top receivers are a junior and sophomore respectively. I suspect this team will be better next year.

:yeah

And, it still cracks me up that some people are chalking up ANY road game as a win. :wacko: NU is 2-7 under billy c on the road, and got destroyed by the team that is one of the conf. bottom feeders on the road this year.

I dont care if they are playing Dana College in Blair, under billy c, EVERY road game is a question mark.

[

And, it still cracks me up that some people are chalking up ANY road game as a win. :wacko: NU is 2-7 under billy c on the road, and got destroyed by the team that is one of the conf. bottom feeders on the road this year.

I dont care if they are playing Dana College in Blair, under billy c, EVERY road game is a question mark.

Hell, BC is lucky the Red-White game is played in Memorial Stadium, or we would all see a poorly prepared, unmotivated, sloppy team that turns the ball over all the time.... and the score would be 0-0........

Well, the "poor" offense would look great vs our #1 defense (like KU) so maybe the score would be very high.......

But, I have condfidence that our "poor" offense would make our over-rated defense look like they are the "best-ever"....(Maine)

:sarcasm:sarcasm:sarcasm:sarcasm

I kind of feel this way..but I am the one who says "give this team time", so don't read into this post too deeply :thumbs

dont chalk up USC as a loss leinart will be a Jet and bush will be a niner, white will be a cardnial.

cardinal.jpg

a cardnial? i didn't know he was catholic.

:rollin

From "Airplane"

Doctor: "These people are sick - we have to get them to a hospital."

Stewardess: "A hosptial - what is it, doctor?"

Doctor: "It's a big square building with sick people in it, but that's not important right now."

I'm convinced - hack is one of the writers for "Airplane"...