Notre Dame should begin winning championships now

Notre Dame's recent suspensions of four players could actually be a sign the program is gaining an "edge" that will help it be more successful, Irish radio analyst Allen Pinkett said Wednesday.

"I've always felt like to have a successful team you've got to have a few bad citizens on the team," Pinkett said on WSCR-AM (670). "That's how Ohio State used to win all the time. They would have two or three guys that were criminals and that just adds to the chemistry of the team. I think Notre Dame is growing because maybe they have some guys that are doing something worthy of a suspension which creates edge on the football team.

"You can't have a football team full of choirboys. You get your butt kicked if you've got a team full of choirboys so you've got to have a little bit of edge. But the coach has to be the dictator and the ultimate ruler. Here's my opinion: You don't hand out suspensions unless you know you've got somebody behind that guy that can make plays."

LINK

So apparently having people on a team who are bad citizens translates to winning football games....

th_Facepalm-Moving.gif

But wait, won't Neuter Dumb have *fewer* bad citizens after the suspension? Or is the writer implying they have a whole bunch of bad citizens now, as indicated by the suspensions, so now they'll win for sure?

Apparently I wasn't the only one who thought that guy was an idiot for saying you can't win without kids breaking the law.

DUBLIN, Ireland – Half a world away, Brian Kelly was still a bit dumbfounded.

The Notre Dame coach reacted here Thursday, a day after Notre Dame color analyst Allen Pinkett suggested Notre Dame needed more “criminals.” Pinkett also said that the program is “growing” because a few players were “worthy of a suspension.” PInkett was referring to four Irish players who didn't make the trip for various suspensions including last year's starting quarterback Tommy Rees and leading rusher Cierre Wood.

Pinkett added he always felt that there needed to be a “a few bad citizens on any team.”

“I don't know what he [Pinkett] was trying to say,” Kelly said following Thursday's practice, the first on Irish soil after arriving. “I can't put any logic to it.”

Kelly went on to say he wants “tough gentlemen, I want tough guys on the field, guys that play physical and are gentlemen off the field.”

LINK