UCLA pregame/tailgating

kornhusker

Going to my first Husker away game next week, so excited. I was checking out the huskermax tailgate. It costs $55 for a ticket. Do they have these at a lot of away games? Anybody who has gone before, is it worth it? Any other big group of Huskers have anything going?

Me and a few of my friends are meeting in LA to go to this game too. I saw HuskerMax's tailgate but we didn't think that paying $55 for a plate of food and 2 drink vouchers were worth it. And probably some sh*tty band playing Margaritaville. So we are looking for something to do as well.

I'm sure there will be a lot of tailgating around the stadium, similar to the miami game. I'm not sure if skersfan is doing a tailgate at this game and since I haven't heard anything i'm thinking not. There will be a lot of husker fans there so finding someone to tailgate with shouldn't be a problem.

I'm still not sure if we are going or not.

GBR

Going to my first Husker away game next week, so excited. I was checking out the huskermax tailgate. It costs $55 for a ticket. Do they have these at a lot of away games? Anybody who has gone before, is it worth it? Any other big group of Huskers have anything going?

Me and a few of my friends are meeting in LA to go to this game too. I saw HuskerMax's tailgate but we didn't think that paying $55 for a plate of food and 2 drink vouchers were worth it. And probably some sh*tty band playing Margaritaville. So we are looking for something to do as well.

My thoughts exactly. You might miss out on seeing Johny Rodgers. He never does public appearances. :)

Lot's of great tailgating at the Rose Bowl. Grab some beer and head on down early. Parking opens at 10:30. Should be tons of Husker and Bruin tailgates you can crash. We're mostly pretty friendly...as long as you're not wearing a U$C shirt. :)

We can all agree that USC sucks. ;)

Welcome to HuskerBoard. Please don't mind the occasional snarky post. Most of us are very friendly as well.

Wish I was going down to Pasadena for the game. You'll have to have a beer for me.

Lot's of great tailgating at the Rose Bowl. Grab some beer and head on down early. Parking opens at 10:30. Should be tons of Husker and Bruin tailgates you can crash. We're mostly pretty friendly...as long as you're not wearing a U$C shirt. :)

...and now that u$c is off probation (at least the post season play portion) and they are (were) ranked #1, there are a lot of those u$c shirts around. I am from Cali and the "fans" out here are such idots. There are the people who attend(ed) UCLA and u$c...and of course they should prop their alma mater...but the drunk, uneducated, criminal, raider fans looking for some place to watch football, drink, and knife people, ever since the raiders left, have glommed on to u$c. These people wouldn't know college football if they fell down the steps of the Collosseum. Another observation, when u$c couldn't win a game through the entire EFFFING `80s and `90s, you couldn't find anyone wearing u$c gear. Some of the A-hole "fans" even bought Bruin gear during the Aikman years (and proclaimed: "No, I've always been a Bruin fan"). Latley, all you see is brand new u$c gear fresh out of the sporting goods store. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting some jackoff wearing a trojan jersey. Pathetic.

• Fire 2

Hey guys! I'll be having a tailgate outside the stadium and would love to have you join! I'm not sure exactly where around the stadium we'll be but we'll be there early so just email me early in the day and I'll hit you back! malinebrett@gmail.com. Also wondering if HuskerBob is going to be tailgating?! Had a blast with him at the last two Holiday Bowls down in San Diego

We can all agree that USC sucks. ;)

Welcome to HuskerBoard. Please don't mind the occasional snarky post. Most of us are very friendly as well.

Wish I was going down to Pasadena for the game. You'll have to have a beer for me.

Is it okay if I have a shot of Patron instead? I don't like beer. :)

...and now that u$c is off probation (at least the post season play portion) and they are (were) ranked #1, there are a lot of those u$c shirts around. I am from Cali and the "fans" out here are such idots. There are the people who attend(ed) UCLA and u$c...and of course they should prop their alma mater...but the drunk, uneducated, criminal, raider fans looking for some place to watch football, drink, and knife people, ever since the raiders left, have glommed on to u$c. These people wouldn't know college football if they fell down the steps of the Collosseum. Another observation, when u$c couldn't win a game through the entire EFFFING `80s and `90s, you couldn't find anyone wearing u$c gear. Some of the A-hole "fans" even bought Bruin gear during the Aikman years (and proclaimed: "No, I've always been a Bruin fan"). Latley, all you see is brand new u$c gear fresh out of the sporting goods store. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting some jackoff wearing a trojan jersey. Pathetic.

There's a cute picture making the rounds on Facebook right now...2 people talking...one says to the other "I'm wearing a UCLA sweatshirt because I went to UCLA. You're wearing a U$C sweatshirt because you went to Walmart!" Truer words have never been spoken! :)

Yes, absolutely the "Raider fans" have adopted $C...but sadly, a few have adopted us too. God knows why, 'cause we suck! And a few very serious issues during the past 2 UCLA/U$C tailgates have resulted in some sweeping changes in our (and $C's) tailgating. We've been cut back from 12 hours to 6 hours. No more "drinking games". No more drinking in the parking areas after kickoff. Sad that some drunken idiots who have absolutely no ties to either school have ruined it for the rest of us.

That's too bad, I heard a lot of great things about the 2006 tailgate with the USC game!

Funny, I've been in the area for exactly two Husker games since maybe the mid-90s, and I am not able to go to either one!

I do hope that there will be another opportunity for the Huskers to come out to your area, skersfan, at a time when you'll be up for setting up another HB tailgate/hangout.

Usually I get some info on alum tailgates at away games but I didn't get anything this time. I've done a Husker Max one in Lincoln before as free tickets are easy to some by from friends. They are pretty good if you don't have any place to go. It has a mix of cool people and total jack asses just like everywhere else.