Nebraska wins Back 2 Back NC's by 2015

Huskrz65

As we saw in the NC game against Miami....if you can't strike quick, it is all over with. IMO, the option is one of the best offenses to run, but you have to find that medium so you have the ability to strike quick down the field. If we could get an offense like last year's Utah team and this year's Florida team, it would be really fun to watch the games.

People said the running game didn't work anymore in the 80's

True. I remember when it seemed people were pissed with run, run, run. punt.

WCO is not all passing! It will work. Its not the type of offence. We ran the ball alot in the late 80's and early 90's and still did through the mid 90's and late 90's. Its the type of players. After 91 and 92 seasons we got better players, faster and stronger, and still ran the ball and won 3 national crowns. What Im saying is once we get the players in to run the WCO he will be fine. PATIENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People said the running game didn't work anymore in the 80's

True. I remember when it seemed people were pissed with run, run, run. punt.

WCO is not all passing! It will work. Its not the type of offence. We ran the ball alot in the late 80's and early 90's and still did through the mid 90's and late 90's. Its the type of players. After 91 and 92 seasons we got better players, faster and stronger, and still ran the ball and won 3 national crowns. What Im saying is once we get the players in to run the WCO he will be fine. PATIENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Husker33- Tell me what year the option was installed here? Tell me what Top 10 team runs the option.

The hurdle is not the scheme, but the athletes with experience to operate it. Do you know how many true frosh played this year? Do you know how many true frosh, redshirt frosh and sophs played this year? Do you know how many 18 year olds played against KSU?

The OL is critical in running any offense. We are playing 2 frosh as tackles; one is a redshirt, the other is a true.

Husker33- Tell me what year the option was installed here? Tell me what Top 10 team runs the option.

The hurdle is not the scheme, but the athletes with experience to operate it. Do you know how many true frosh played this year? Do you know how many true frosh, redshirt frosh and sophs played this year? Do you know how many 18 year olds played against KSU?

The OL is critical in running any offense. We are playing 2 frosh as tackles; one is a redshirt, the other is a true.

Do we or do we not have as much talent as Kansas? as Missouri?

If the scheme is too compex for the young guys to learn, simplify it until they can grasp what they need to let their talent work for them. How many formations and motions into formation does a team need to run in order to perform???

And, if it is just a matter of getting experience in the scheme, why is it that we see the same simple mistakes every week, offsides, misalignments, etc. etc.

The West Coast O is a great idea. The running game was fun, it had history, pride, and had fans screaming when it's 4th and 7 and Frank calls Thunder Collins up the gut. It just doesn't work anymore, and I gotta say us fans don't make sense at all, the people

Yeah, but qb sack, draw for 1 yard, screen pass on 3rd and 14, punt gets the crowd going sooooooo much more. :thumbs

:sarcasm

The hurdle is not the scheme, but the athletes with experience to operate it. Do you know how many true frosh played this year?  Do you know how many true frosh, redshirt frosh and sophs played this year?  Do you know how many 18 year olds played against KSU?

The OL is critical in running any offense.  We are playing 2 frosh as tackles; one is a redshirt, the other is a true.

If the scheme is too compex for the young guys to learn, simplify it until they can grasp what they need to let their talent work for them. How many formations and motions into formation does a team need to run in order to perform???

And, if it is just a matter of getting experience in the scheme, why is it that we see the same simple mistakes every week, offsides, misalignments, etc. etc.

:yeah

All of these excuses about "give it more time" "these guys are young yet" etc. are not holding much water anymore. ND has got it done w/ a first year HC, South Carolina isnt doing badly, either. Stoops didnt make excuses, he won in year #2.

There is no way that KU, Mizzou, KSU, and Pitt have the same level of talent as NU. Its a good PRO system (bad for college athletes) that is being run and "taught" by bad coaches. The result is an 11-10 record.

All of these excuses about "give it more time" "these guys are young yet" etc. are not holding much water anymore. ND has got it done w/ a first year HC, South Carolina isnt doing badly, either. Stoops didnt make excuses, he won in year #2.

There is no way that KU, Mizzou, KSU, and Pitt have the same level of talent as NU. Its a good PRO system (bad for college athletes) that is being run and "taught" by bad coaches. The result is an 11-10 record.

ND had the cupboard stocked for a run with tall athletic receivers and a very gifted, heady quarterback at the healm protected by a veteran line with West Coast type Offense experience for 3 years(9 JUNIORS AND SENIORS ON THEIR 2 DEEP!) . Spurrier has done a good job at South Carolina, but 6-5 to 7-4, according to yourself and some on this board, 1 more win is NOT necessarily improvement. Your hatred for John Blake blinds you because he left Stoops a ton of talent that he fed off for his first 3-4 years. Blake may not have been a good head coach, but he was a damn good recruiter.

As far as talent level, I will give you KU, they don't have as much talent as NU. But in the past 4 years, MU has had recruiting classes that were rated higher than NU every year except last year. Aside from the class of 2005, Pitt has had similar recruiting classes as Nebraska. As far as recruiting classes were rated, KSU was better than NU in 2 of the past 4 years with top 20 classes in those years. So that is also bunk.

Whether or not it is a good system taught by bad coaches here is debatable at best. NU hasn't had much offensive firepower since 2001. The team is 28-19 since then. Lots of deep rooted problems. This season isn't over yet and there is still a chance at 8-4. There have been flashes this season of better things to come, but not enough to be overly optimistic for next season. I will reserve judgement to see how we end the season, first and foremost, and how the team reacts and adjusts for next season with another year under their belt.

ND had the cupboard stocked for a run with tall athletic receivers and a very gifted, heady quarterback at the healm protected by a veteran line with West Coast type Offense experience for 3 years(9 JUNIORS AND SENIORS ON THEIR 2 DEEP!) . Spurrier has done a good job at South Carolina, but 6-5 to 7-4, according to yourself and some on this board, 1 more win is NOT necessarily improvement. Your hatred for John Blake blinds you because he left Stoops a ton of talent that he fed off for his first 3-4 years. Blake may not have been a good head coach, but he was a damn good recruiter.

As far as talent level, I will give you KU, they don't have as much talent as NU. But in the past 4 years, MU has had recruiting classes that were rated higher than NU every year except last year. Aside from the class of 2005, Pitt has had similar recruiting classes as Nebraska. As far as recruiting classes were rated, KSU was better than NU in 2 of the past 4 years with top 20 classes in those years. So that is also bunk.

Whether or not it is a good system taught by bad coaches here is debatable at best. NU hasn't had much offensive firepower since 2001. The team is 28-19 since then. Lots of deep rooted problems. This season isn't over yet and there is still a chance at 8-4. There have been flashes this season of better things to come, but not enough to be overly optimistic for next season. I will reserve judgement to see how we end the season, first and foremost, and how the team reacts and adjusts for next season with another year under their belt.

Give it up bro Former only listense to the little voices in his head. You can give him the ND had talent to run the wco then switch to the fun and gun not option to wco he doesn't want to hear facts. Just what he believes GBR

I think that the WCO can work here at NU in a modified version. NU has to have a solid running game to open up the passing game. I have said on other threads that if we had the same line as last year the running game would have been alot better this year. NU lost 5 people from the 2 deep from last year not including Herian and Incognito. 3 starters and 2 seasoned backups.

This year has 2 returning starters and have started 5 other players that either played very little last year or is their 1st year playing at all.

I do believe that we have to have a running game to be effective with the pass and we need the running game during those days that the wind blows 20-30 mph and above because for 30 minutes you cannot pass very well against it.

my opinion

GBR

The hurdle is not the scheme, but the athletes with experience to operate it. Do you know how many true frosh played this year?  Do you know how many true frosh, redshirt frosh and sophs played this year?  Do you know how many 18 year olds played against KSU?

The OL is critical in running any offense.  We are playing 2 frosh as tackles; one is a redshirt, the other is a true.

They do have the same talent because Frank left us that way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dedhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarse

Yeah, that's right...and you heard it here first! :thumbs

Don't even bother arguing the fact. Nebraska of tomorrow is the USC of today. :worship

GBR! :cheers

If Jesus would have played football, he would have been the best football player ever!

Yeah, that's right and you heard it hear. Don't even bother arguing the fact.

Makes about as much sense doesn't it?

They do have the same talent because Frank left us that way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dedhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarse

Then is a damn good thing that Frank is a better coach than billy c, because he beat these guys more than he lost to them :thumbs

If Frank could get 9 (10) wins out of a similiar schedule with similar players, and billy c can only manage 5 to 6 wins, its easy to see who the better coach is.

Then is a damn good thing that Frank is a better coach than billy c, because he beat these guys more than he lost to them :thumbs

If Frank could get 9 (10) wins out of a similiar schedule with similar players, and billy c can only manage 5 to 6 wins, its easy to see who the better coach is.

specially since they are running the same system with the same players. :sarcasm:wtf