update: finally got the samsung galaxy s3. as much as you can love a phone, i love it. worth the wait and glad i waited until i could get it for $99. awesome phone.

FYI:

There's a crazy exploit sneaking around that could brick your Samsung phone and break into your physical memory to steal your data. But don't freak out; Samsung says it's aware of the problem and is working quickly on software fixes.

Samsung confirmed to Android Central suspicions that the problem is an Exynos processor vulnerability issue. What the exploit does is it gives a malicious app access to all of your RAM so that it could steal your info, wipe your phone, etc. So be sure to avoid any apps that seem sketchy because they might get you.

http://gizmodo.com/5...ricking-exploit

we are a generation that needs to download security apps for our phones.

update: finally got the samsung galaxy s3. as much as you can love a phone, i love it. worth the wait and glad i waited until i could get it for $99. awesome phone.

FYI:

There's a crazy exploit sneaking around that could brick your Samsung phone and break into your physical memory to steal your data. But don't freak out; Samsung says it's aware of the problem and is working quickly on software fixes.

Samsung confirmed to Android Central suspicions that the problem is an Exynos processor vulnerability issue. What the exploit does is it gives a malicious app access to all of your RAM so that it could steal your info, wipe your phone, etc. So be sure to avoid any apps that seem sketchy because they might get you.

http://gizmodo.com/5...ricking-exploit

we are a generation that needs to download security apps for our phones.

That Android Central article makes it sound like it doesn't affect the US versions of the GS3, just the International versions. The US version uses the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8960 processor