I'm going to order this case for my iPhone 5 its the Otterbox Defender

apl2-new-iphone-5-r8.jpg

otterboxes are sweet but expensive...i had one for my evo 3D and it worked fine...i have the 4s now and just bough a cheap ass 10 dollar plastic case with a husker logo, and ive dropped my iphone twice as much as i did my evo (most likely because it is about half the size) and nothing has broke/cracked etc...i think the marketing of cases and shields is over-exaggerated and just another way to make money, but oh well.

apl2-new-iphone-5-r8.jpg

otterboxes are sweet but expensive...i had one for my evo 3D and it worked fine...i have the 4s now and just bough a cheap ass 10 dollar plastic case with a husker logo, and ive dropped my iphone twice as much as i did my evo (most likely because it is about half the size) and nothing has broke/cracked etc...i think the marketing of cases and shields is over-exaggerated and just another way to make money, but oh well.

I had an otterbox case and decided to take it off cause of the bulk! I have since dropped my damn phone several times. The phone has held up nice to the shock but it got scratched in a few places! Now that the I 5 is bigger I can only imagine how bulky it will be with a case. My cousin has a Samsung and my uncle has one of the Verizon models, both bigger than my iPhone 4 and I like both phones, but my wife and I are stuck with iPhone because of the iCloud investment we made last Christmas. Son has an iPod and we have a Mac computer! Stuck in the apple mud!

apl2-new-iphone-5-r8.jpg

I had an otterbox case and decided to take it off cause of the bulk! I have since dropped my damn phone several times. The phone has held up nice to the shock but it got scratched in a few places! Now that the I 5 is bigger I can only imagine how bulky it will be with a case. My cousin has a Samsung and my uncle has one of the Verizon models, both bigger than my iPhone 4 and I like both phones, but my wife and I are stuck with iPhone because of the iCloud investment we made last Christmas. Son has an iPod and we have a Mac computer! Stuck in the apple mud!

It's only longer. Whilst also being lighter and thinner.

i am thinking about getting the galaxy s III, i am a google loyalist. any thoughts?

Always depends on what you want it for, there's never a "right" answer. For example, if you use a lot of Google products...Google Music, Google Drive, etc., Android is for you. Similarly, if you rely on your device to always work the same, reliably and consistently, the iPhone is a better bet. Android phones (and the Galaxy S III is the king of Android phones) offer greater customizability and control over your user experience, but at a cost of less polish, refinement and consistency. There's also the non-tangible benefits of the iPhone to consider, mostly that everyone else has them and it's easier to Facetime, group text, etc.

i am thinking about getting the galaxy s III, i am a google loyalist. any thoughts?

Always depends on what you want it for, there's never a "right" answer. For example, if you use a lot of Google products...Google Music, Google Drive, etc., Android is for you. Similarly, if you rely on your device to always work the same, reliably and consistently, the iPhone is a better bet. Android phones (and the Galaxy S III is the king of Android phones) offer greater customizability and control over your user experience, but at a cost of less polish, refinement and consistency. There's also the non-tangible benefits of the iPhone to consider, mostly that everyone else has them and it's easier to Facetime, group text, etc.

does it make a difference that i do not have a lot of friends?

Supposed to be a great phone. I say go for it.

The Samsung Galaxy S3 is a much better phone. You get more for your money, in terms of hardware and software. I think that's a wise choice sd'sker.

i have been pretty excited for it for awhile. i am eligible for a new phone today, but i think i might wait till closer to christmas in case there are any buy one get one deals. i get why people love iphones, but i just prefer a google based os. and at that point, both phones have way more capabilities and power than i would ever even know how to use. i have been more than happy with my incredible for the past couple of years, so i could not imagine being disappointed in the galaxy s3.

The Samsung Galaxy S3 is a much better slower phone.

FIFY.

original.jpg

http://gizmodo.com/5...the-competition

(Seriously though . . . buy whatever phone you like sd'sker. ;))

And the iPhone 5 is only a dual core compared to the Galaxy S3's quad core......pretty impressive for the iPhone 5 being faster for having a smaller processor.

CNet.com just gave the iPhone 5 its Editors Choice Award