The Samsung Galaxy S3 is a much better slower phone.

FIFY.

http://gizmodo.com/5...the-competition

(Seriously though . . . buy whatever phone you like sd'sker. ;))

i getting the god damn samsung, i don't care what you say.

has anyone seen the lg intuition? it is ridiculous.

Any phone over 4" is plain stupid and ridiculous but 4.3" isn't as bad but its pushing it....might as well use a tablet as a phone.

I've only been in brief contact with iPhones before. They're cool, well-designed, nice phones. You can count on Apple to make some pretty neat hardware, IMO. However, it wasn't that amazing, or anything. Apart from having the internet at my fingertips - something any smart phone gives you - it didn't inspire any awe in me. Which is fine, I don't really expect a phone to. Well, maybe unless it costs as much as an iPhone...

The thing with a lot of these Apple products though, is the software platform. Apple is pretty notorious I think for "locking you in" - very limited customization, very rigid/inflexible ways for how things work. If you say, "But I want to customize/configure it this way!" the answer is typically "But why would you ever want that?! Also, screw you. *Thwack!*"

That's my uninformed, limited impression, anyway. I think I have more faith in Android (or Windows) for being a powerful, flexible platform where I can dig in and make the phone/tablet "my own", whereas the iPhone will have slick aesthetics but I'd just have to deal with how it's designed to work, as is.

The Samsung Galaxy S3 is a much better slower phone.

FIFY.

http://gizmodo.com/5...the-competition

(Seriously though . . . buy whatever phone you like sd'sker. ;))

By the way, this is completely misleading if you want to apply that "FIFY" in there, because it says nothing about the operation of the phone itself, only the javascript performance according to one benchmark of the stock browser.

I wouldn't be too shocked if you were locked in to the stock browser on the iPhone, but for the others, I'm assuming you can go ahead and get another browser of your choice, with ease. So it would on the whole, be a pretty minor concern. Although I'm mildly surprised by the results, because I don't have good impressions of Safari's performance, at all.

Would not buy an iphone for the life of me. Junk.

Care to give any reason with that bias?

Overpriced Hardware/Software

Buying an adapter for everything. $29 a piece.

No NFC.

Limited Customization

Ridiculous insurance plan. i.e. I pay 5 bucks a month and $50 deductible when I break my droid. For an iphone, the insurance is $10 a month, then is a $179 deductible to get a new phone. This is a big one. Also, the iphone 5 feels so flimsy. The first time I picked it up it felt like if I were to squeeze it I could mangle the entire phone.

By the way, this is completely misleading if you want to apply that "FIFY" in there, because it says nothing about the operation of the phone itself, only the javascript performance according to one benchmark of the stock browser.

I was joking. I really don't care what phone people use . . . and I always laugh at fanboys/haters on either side. It's a damn phone. Does it work? Do you like it? If so, good. Acting like you're smarter (or not a sheep) because you have much better taste in phones is ridiculous.

• Fire 1

No NFC.

Limited Customization

Ridiculous insurance plan. i.e. I pay 5 bucks a month and $50 deductible when I break my droid. For an iphone, the insurance is $10 a month, then is a $179 deductible to get a new phone. This is a big one. Also, the iphone 5 feels so flimsy. The first time I picked it up it felt like if I were to squeeze it I could mangle the entire phone.

That overpriced hardware has being going strong for my iPhone 4 for almost 2 years. Still runs like I just bought it yesterday. I'm willing to pay the price for a product if its going to last a long time in which my iPhone 4 has unlike my previous Droids.

Do people know that you can find a cheaper adapter than the one Apple is pushing out for $30? I don't understand why people are making a big fuss over this.

Whats that big deal with NFC? So you can pay for something using your smartphone but what place can I use that technology where I live and the answer is nowhere. I can't using it to pay for gas, I can't pay my utility bills, mortgage, babysitter, etc. Hell I don't think the Wal-Mart where I shop even allows there customers to pay using their smartphones. Heres a good read about the security issues with NFC.

If you thought the iPhone 5 felt flimsy go pick up a Samsung phone, boy are those things light and you can feel how cheap they are. Watch the drop test of the iPhone 5 and S3 I posted above and see which of those flimsy phones can handle a drop.

No NFC.

Limited Customization

I'm no staunch Apple apologist, but I don't really disagree with any of those points except limited customization, which is still only half of a point since you can jailbreak your phone.

Apple's hardware is expensive because it's the best. I used to have the same beef, but they push the edge with their technology so far ahead of the game that people don't even realize it - Retina displays are a perfect example. People think "it's so expensive because of this feature that isn't even a big deal" when two years from now every single phone, tablet and laptop developer will be focusing on ultra-high-resolution displays. You also don't need a converter, unless you have tons of old iPod/iPhone accessories. The 30-pin docking connector was ancient and well overdue for an upgrade.

The iPhone 5, while not the most innovative thing out there, is the best put together.

Do people know that you can find a cheaper adapter than the one Apple is pushing out for $30? I don't understand why people are making a big fuss over this.

You might want to hold off on the knock off adapters. Sounds like they won't be able to make a functioning alternative to the Apple adapter for weeks or months.

I agree that it's not worth the fuss. The new plug/cord is much better than the old 30 pin. I do wish that Apple would have just used mini USB like most other phones . . . but then they couldn't control/profit from the accessory market. So I'm sure it makes sense for them to have a proprietary plug . . . but it would have been better for the consumer to have the industry standard.