Wow!

I finally watched that clip after reading all of the posts, and I'm kinda disappointed. If people are getting worked up over that, and calling it "lashing out", how do they stomach to actually watch a football game.

Football is intense and emotional. Generally coaches, at least good coaches, share these traits.

Sack up! It's GAMEDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, that is not true. TO did NOT share these traits and he was one of the best. At least not when talking to the media.

You are right, Osborne is a special person. You said yourself, one of the best (coaching & dealing with people). The same could be said for Tony Dungy and other good coaches. This is why I chose the word "generally". I nowhere compared our current coaches to Tom Osborne and I don't ever plan to.

However, for every Osborne and Dungy there are two or three Parcells, Pelini's, Saban's, Harbaugh's, Les Mile's, Mike Gundy's, and the list goes on. Nebraska was BLESSED with one of the greatest coaches and great person in Osborne. No one denies that. People differ with the question, "should we hold Pelini (and staff) to the same social standards as Osborne?"

I wish we had another Osborne, I truly do. But so does USC, LSU, Florida, Texas, Oregon, Alabama, and every other team in the country. But you know what, they won't find one. You know why, because there is only ONE Tom Osborne.

Yes, we should hold him to the same social standards . Oh, and I didn't say anything about you comparing anyone. You said " Generally coaches, at least good coaches, share these traits." and I said that is not true. I named TO as an example of one who doesn't hold those traits.

Also, you mix NFL coaches with college coaches, and you can't, different style of play, different situations with players. It has been shown good NFL coaches don't always make good college coaches..

Sorry, if this is what you expect. The next coach will also be short of your expectations, I'm willing to put money I do not have on that...Nick Saban, arguably the best coach in college football, will not be a state senator.

PS....Hopefully, Bo's ailment isn't serious and we don't have to worry about it.

Wow!

I finally watched that clip after reading all of the posts, and I'm kinda disappointed. If people are getting worked up over that, and calling it "lashing out", how do they stomach to actually watch a football game.

Football is intense and emotional. Generally coaches, at least good coaches, share these traits.

Well, that is not true. TO did NOT share these traits and he was one of the best. At least not when talking to the media.

You are right, Osborne is a special person. You said yourself, one of the best (coaching & dealing with people). The same could be said for Tony Dungy and other good coaches. This is why I chose the word "generally". I nowhere compared our current coaches to Tom Osborne and I don't ever plan to.

However, for every Osborne and Dungy there are two or three Parcells, Pelini's, Saban's, Harbaugh's, Les Mile's, Mike Gundy's, and the list goes on. Nebraska was BLESSED with one of the greatest coaches and great person in Osborne. No one denies that. People differ with the question, "should we hold Pelini (and staff) to the same social standards as Osborne?"

I wish we had another Osborne, I truly do. But so does USC, LSU, Florida, Texas, Oregon, Alabama, and every other team in the country. But you know what, they won't find one. You know why, because there is only ONE Tom Osborne.

I'm pretty sure LSU, Bama and Oregon are just fine with who they have, not sure those teams want to wait around 22 years for results, well, other than Oregon maybe, but now that they have tasted success they are just fine with their head coach.

Yeah, and they don't show the same traits Bo does when it comes to attitude. They show emotion, but they don't look like they are about to blow gasket like Bo does...

Also, I don't want our coach to be like all the others, I want him to be better.

Wow!

Yes, we should hold him to the same social standards . Oh, and I didn't say anything about you comparing anyone. You said " Generally coaches, at least good coaches, share these traits." and I said that is not true. I named TO as an example of one who doesn't hold those traits.

Also, you mix NFL coaches with college coaches, and you can't, different style of play, different situations with players. It has been shown good NFL coaches don't always make good college coaches..

Sorry, if this is what you expect. The next coach will also be short of your expectations, I'm willing to put money I do not have on that...Nick Saban, arguably the best coach in college football, will not be a state senator.

PS....Hopefully, Bo's ailment isn't serious and we don't have to worry about it.

and I'm sorry you want the NU coach to be like the others.. haha, I can play that game as well.