I think that there may be an elephant in the room so to speak in this case....

Something that JP might not necessarily realize about husker fans... by necessity we have developed a mentality of "We have to win every game throughout the year to have a shot at the National title." To be fair to JP, thats probably not entirely true. The exception being in 2001.. but i don't think that anyone in Nebraska had us slated for a title shot. It just worked out that way. But our experience as Husker fans has been that losses like this (ucla), this early in the year are clear indications.

This is Nebraska, not LSU... we don't play in the SEC. We aren't everyone's team that they lean on that will make it to the NCG. If we played in the SEC, I don't think that the Missouri game in 97 would've been such a make or breaker. I could be wrong on that.

Hypocracy? By expecting the coaches on the freaking staff to respect the fans and not call us door knob licking morons.

Yea, you're totally right.

I've never heard the words or insinuations of the words 'door knob licking morons'.

You'll find that what he says is actually very true if you're not constantly busy trying to put words in his mouth.

Exactly. He's saying it's still possible. And those are still the expectations of the program as a whole, and used the LSU 2-loss situation as hard proof that yes, you can lose a game and still win the National Championship. He also noted that winning the Big 12 Championship is the only thing we have actual control over at this point. He was quite factual in everything he said.

Exactly. He's saying it's still possible. And those are still the expectations of the program as a whole, and used the LSU 2-loss situation as hard proof that yes, you can lose a game and still win the National Championship. He also noted that winning the Big 12 Championship is the only thing we have actual control over at this point. He was quite factual in everything he said.

If JP thinks we can still win the Big 12 Championship, we have bigger issues to attend to

• Fire 1

tumblr_m1kxe2INTk1r8cwpko1_250.gif

called by TO and apologized to

If this was just a firey coach telling us all that this team can still accomplish a lot this year, TO would not call the person who asked the question and appologize.

The implication that we all sit around with our heads in our hands saying this is the end of the world is rediculous.

called by TO and apologized to

If this was just a firey coach telling us all that this team can still accomplish a lot this year, TO would not call the person who asked the question and appologize.

The implication that we all sit around with our heads in our hands saying this is the end of the world is rediculous.

Yes he would've. That's who TO is.

JP doesn't agree with me. He says that they can win them all this year. I am not good at math... is 11-1 undefeated?

For the record, you aren't very good at comprehension either. He said "we" could win the rest of their games this year.

And by the way, the 96 team was also 1-1. And boy oh boy did that team suck. Of course I also remember what was said about Frost after that one

JP doesn't agree with me. He says that they can win them all this year. I am not good at math... is 11-1 undefeated?

Uh, he says his goals are to be the best team we can be, and to win all our remaining games.

I believe that makes his goals exactly the same as yours.

The guy asking the questions was just being down on the team. But JP is setting the message that one setback doesn't make us quitters. Doesn't change our goals. We still go out there and want to win every game. What more could you WANT a coach to say?!

If you believe that Nebraska, because of our embarrassing loss to UCLA, should stop striving for excellence this year, THEN you might disagree with JP.

My biggest issue with what JP said (and the fan/booster for that matter) is everyone is still talking "championships". At this point, I couldn't give two shakes of a stick stuck up a rats ass about championships. Right now, this teams lacks so much consistency, thinking about winning a championship at any level shouldn't even be discussed. This defense needs to figure out its identity before it can start figuring out how to win a championship.

Hypocracy? By expecting the coaches on the freaking staff to respect the fans and not call us door knob licking morons.

Yea, you're totally right.

I've never heard the words or insinuations of the words 'door knob licking morons'.

You'll find that what he says is actually very true if you're not constantly busy trying to put words in his mouth.

Who licks door knobs? That's HIGHLY unsanitary.

Nobody likes being called an idiot. That's what JP did. And then he makes idiotic comments. I got news for him. Nobody, and this means me and all the other Husker fans that pack Memorial and hang on the play by play every Saturday, needs Husker football. We can do just fine without it.

Speak for yourself.....I smell a d'bag.

agreed... i will not be just fine without husker football.