World has been crumbling. Really? I expect to hear that from a fan from some other state. You know, the people who claim the Mo. River raised three feet because of all the tears of Husker fans or Nebraska lost, somebody hide the sharp objects.

I expect it from an outsider.

From the DC. That is really not cool IMO.

Bo has said all the fans are crazy as well, just used a few more words and different modifiers.

JP says we can win the freaking national title. Really? Seriously?

Does he know how improbable that is at this point?

The expecations have and always should be..... WIN THEM ALL.... when that is taken away, win out and win the conference title..... when that is taken away, win the conference title... when that is taken away, win as many as possible and go to the best bowl game possible.... when that is taken away, at least win nine games.... when that is not there, coaches need to be worrying about job security.

JP's defesne just gave up the most yards since a 2007 Husker team that didn't go bowling. JP needs to cool it on the condescending attitude and respectfully say that the coaches are doing everything they can to help the players and that the players are working hard.

For now, JP gets the :facepalm:

• Fire 1

The only caveat I have to JP getting a little fiery with pessimistic fans is this - he's getting paid $300,000 to be the Bo Pelini Underling defensive coordinator at Nebraska. He's making a lot of money to do one job, and I'm not saying that job is easy, but he gets paid a lot of money to do what is a relatively trivial job (in the grand scheme of things). And, his one job got an F for performance last weekend.

I love the fire, love the intensity, love the passion. But, instead of getting riled up, earn your paycheck.

• Fire 4

World has been crumbling. Really? I expect to hear that from a fan from some other state. You know, the people who claim the Mo. River raised three feet because of all the tears of Husker fans or Nebraska lost, somebody hide the sharp objects.

Bo has said all the fans are crazy as well, just used a few more words and different modifiers.

The expecations have and always should be..... WIN THEM ALL.... when that is taken away, win out and win the conference title..... when that is taken away, win the conference title... when that is taken away, win as many as possible and go to the best bowl game possible.... when that is taken away, at least win nine games.... when that is not there, coaches need to be worrying about job security.

JP's defesne just gave up the most yards since a 2007 Husker team that didn't go bowling. JP needs to cool it on the condescending attitude and respectfully say that the coaches are doing everything they can to help the players and that the players are working hard.

Recap:

1) When you can't win the conference title, win the conference title.

2) Expectations should be to win them all, yet incredulity exists after JP says we could still win the national championship.

3) Incorrect assumption that JP thinks we can still win the MNC.

4) Because the defense gave up yards similar to a 2007 team that didn't go bowling after a game in week 2, we're doomed to the same fate.

5) Via reading comprehension skills, every coach should be worried about their job security.

:facepalm: awarded to tmfr15.

• Fire 2

30wv481.gif

The only caveat I have to JP getting a little fiery with pessimistic fans is this - he's getting paid $300,000 to be the Bo Pelini Underling defensive coordinator at Nebraska. He's making a lot of money to do one job, and I'm not saying that job is easy, but he gets paid a lot of money to do what is a relatively trivial job (in the grand scheme of things). And, his one job got an F for performance last weekend.

I love the fire, love the intensity, love the passion. But, instead of getting riled up, earn your paycheck.

Motivation helps to improve. He is doing his job. If he's this fiery with the fans, he can be that fiery with the players...the defense needs to be bought into, and maybe that was an indirect goal of his rant.

I really wonder what people want the coaches to say instead.

"Yeah, we suck this year. We have no chance at the national title. We're a second rate team. Guys.... :'( guys.... :'( hold me."

^the ideazed quote(?) of every Husker coach and player at every interview

It's more or less what the asker was looking for. He wasn't asking a question apparently, so much as trying to make a downer statement about the team. Little wonder that JP wasn't having any of that. And to that I say bravo, JP. Besides, he reigned it in at the end and they came to a mutual, civilized understanding.

Hypocrisy in this post is at epic levels.

If you can't win out after your first loss.... you can still win the conference title. Wisky had two losses and won the conference title.

The beginning expecation for every year is the same, WIN THEM ALL. Kind of hard to WIN THEM ALL when we are 1-1

He said a one-loss team won the national title, so it's still out there. Nevermind that this team is unranked and in a fairly weak league.

When you give up 600 yards in a game, and the previous game had Southern Miss going up and down the field for most of the first half and the opening possesion of the second, it is hard to believe that you can remedy that in one week, especially by playing players that, previous to this week, the coaches were not confident in.

Also, if a coach can't win nine games at Nebraska, he should worry about his job. I think 8-5 might be tolerated OK. 7-6 is very shaky. Per TO himself, you go 6-6 or less and you can pretty much pack your bags.