What re-evaluated goals should we set? Goals that don't involve winning every remaining game on the schedule? C'mon!

You always, always, always prepare for each week and prepare to beat the opponent you are playing, regardless of what happened at any time before. I can't think of a more admirable way to go about it.

Exactly. He's saying it's still possible. And those are still the expectations of the program as a whole, and used the LSU 2-loss situation as hard proof that yes, you can lose a game and still win the National Championship. He also noted that winning the Big 12 Championship is the only thing we have actual control over at this point. He was quite factual in everything he said.

tumblr_m1kxe2INTk1r8cwpko1_250.gif

(sigh) Here it is, okay?

Nebraska

Michigan

Michigan St

Iowa

Northwestern

Minnesota

Ohio St.

Wisconsin

Penn St

Purdue

Indiana

Illinios

That's 12 teams. It is what it is. Enough of the rheterict. Get of my ass.

:D

troy-and-abed-pointing.gif

I was going to start another thread on this, but what for? This thread is as good as any to put this out there. JP was not happy with this fans stupid question. Here are some of our ex Huskers that are not happy with what is going on either.

Jay Moore on 93.7 FM’s “The Drive” in Lincoln:

“I don’t know if it’s Bo or if it’s just the defensive staff in general, I think they’re just petrified of mobile quarterbacks. … They’ve got players, man. I’ve trained with these guys, I’ve seen them. These guys are able to play high-level football. You need to free ‘em up a little bit.

Link: http://sports.omaha.com/2012/09/14/mad-chatter-sept-14/

I tried to reiterate this same thing in another thread. I said it seems like players are thinking too much and if Bo could just make the scheme and checks easier it may allow players to play faster and more aggressive instead of worrying about making sure they were doing everything perfect. I mentioned Bo said many times Lavonte wasnt in right spot etc, but he played with instinct and speed. It really does free players up and they can play more physically. Of course i got denounced by another poster for even tbringing it up as he thought we needed to think more b/c we were out of position etc. I think they get out of position b/c they are too worried about not doing their exact job, but id rather have 11 guys going to the football, b/c if one guy messes up then there are 10 others to back him up. Instincts are very underrated in Bos defense i feel.

Listening to it a couple of times I think he handled it pretty well. The message was focus on what you can control and also taking exception to lowered standards which I liked. I liked that he didn't talk down to the guy or dismiss him personally. Like talking down a drunk guy he matched his intensity at first and then calmed it down at the end.

World has been crumbling. Really? I expect to hear that from a fan from some other state. You know, the people who claim the Mo. River raised three feet because of all the tears of Husker fans or Nebraska lost, somebody hide the sharp objects. I expect it from an outsider. From the DC. That is really not cool IMO. Bo has said all the fans are crazy as well, just used a few more words and different modifiers. JP says we can win the freaking national title. Really? Seriously? Does he know how improbable that is at this point? The expecations have and always should be..... WIN THEM ALL.... when that is taken away, win out and win the conference title..... when that is taken away, win the conference title... when that is taken away, win as many as possible and go to the best bowl game possible.... when that is taken away, at least win nine games.... when that is not there, coaches need to be worrying about job security. JP's defesne just gave up the most yards since a 2007 Husker team that didn't go bowling. JP needs to cool it on the condescending attitude and respectfully say that the coaches are doing everything they can to help the players and that the players are working hard. For now, JP gets the :facepalm:

remember 2001-02? When a one loss Nebraska team backed into the national title game, after getting destroyed by Colorado 62-36? I'm not sure who appointed you the arbiter of all things husker football and husker fandom, but this is getting asinine. Then start a fire JP thread so we can add that to the list of threads that people can rail on about. Listening to this drivel, sounds like we're pegged to go 1-11. The measure of whether this guy is the right one for the job, is if he can make adjustments and the defense improves. If we're 2-3 after the Wisky game, then I'll follow Charlie Steiner to freedom, but until then, come back to this place most of us know as reality.

What re-evaluated goals should we set? Goals that don't involve winning every remaining game on the schedule? C'mon!

You always, always, always prepare for each week and prepare to beat the opponent you are playing, regardless of what happened at any time before. I can't think of a more admirable way to go about it.

THAT is how you should prepare, but to tell guys the NC is still on the table is holding on to false hope.

Wow!

I finally watched that clip after reading all of the posts, and I'm kinda disappointed. If people are getting worked up over that, and calling it "lashing out", how do they stomach to actually watch a football game.

Football is intense and emotional. Generally coaches, at least good coaches, share these traits.

Sack up! It's GAMEDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After getting schooled by a bunch of freshmen for 650 plus yards, he should have been standing there like he was BLESSED to still have a job. Instead, he pulls an Al Bundy and starts reminiscing about long-past endeavors.

Agree, JP is starting to show the hate for the fans and boosters of sustenance that cut his check, just like his supposed boss, unfortunately the guy he just acted like a school yard bully with is both, not to mention the events organizer. With Osborne retiring this year we can finally get someone in here to fire these duds. The only chance this staff has at sniffing any championships is if someone recruits and places recruits in proper positions during training camp, even then they will have their yearly Memorial meltdown to a crapper team to show their appreciation to the Fans and Boosters.

Wow!

I finally watched that clip after reading all of the posts, and I'm kinda disappointed. If people are getting worked up over that, and calling it "lashing out", how do they stomach to actually watch a football game.

Football is intense and emotional. Generally coaches, at least good coaches, share these traits.

Sack up! It's GAMEDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, that is not true. TO did NOT share these traits and he was one of the best. At least not when talking to the media.