Mitt Romney drumming up money with the well-heeled

knapplc

Hasn't stopped masses of people from mindlessly believing everything that comes out of Fox News, despite the fact that they contradict themselves so much it's impossible to know what they actually want conservatives to think from year to year... so why should the the politicians being propped up by Fox be any different?

I guess I'm just an optimist idiot dreamer. I keep hoping one day we'll get that leader (actually, leaders) that we need, who speaks the truth and gets bipartisan support.

Hasn't stopped masses of people from mindlessly believing everything that comes out of Fox News, despite the fact that they contradict themselves so much it's impossible to know what they actually want conservatives to think from year to year... so why should the the politicians being propped up by Fox be any different?

I guess I'm just an optimist idiot dreamer. I keep hoping one day we'll get that leader (actually, leaders) that we need, who speaks the truth and gets bipartisan support.

Did you happen to catch last night's Daily Show?

The part about Fox complaining about a video being shot ALL the way back in May being "distracting" to the campaign issues, while having the audacity to then turn around and talk about a video of Obama from 1998!!

The part about Fox complaining about a video being shot ALL the way back in May being "distracting" to the campaign issues, while having the audacity to then turn around and talk about a video of Obama from 1998!!

"That's almost 15 Mays ago!!!" :lol:

"That's almost 15 Mays ago!!!" :lol:

I think he summed it up pretty nicely:

"If they get a break, they deserve it. If you get a break, it’s a handout and an entitlement."

• 2 weeks later...

the point is, and romney knows it, if you tax the rich at fairer rates and close loopholes, they will still do fine and spend the same.

Gotta disagree with you there. Mitt thinks things will magically get better if he's elected president, and stay bad or get worse if Obama is reelected:

Romney, who spoke confidently throughout the event and seemed quite at ease with the well-heeled group, insisted that his election in and of itself would lead to economic growth and that the markets would react favorably if his chances seemed good in the fall:

They'll probably be looking at what the polls are saying. If it looks like I'm going to win, the markets will be happy. If it looks like the president's going to win, the markets should not be terribly happy. It depends of course which markets you're talking about, which types of commodities and so forth, but my own view is that if we win on November 6th, there will be a great deal of optimism about the future of this country. We'll see capital come back and we'll see—without actually doing anything—we'll actually get a boost in the economy. If the president gets reelected, I don't know what will happen. I can—I can never predict what the markets will do. Sometimes it does the exact opposite of what I would have expected. But my own view is that if we get a "Taxageddon," as they call it, January 1st, with this president, and with a Congress that can't work together, it's—it really is frightening.

From the link in the OP.

i heard it before, but romney just said this in the debate. he said the rich would do fine regardless of who is elected. then he mentioned about how he is worried about the middle income families. (it took me a long time to find this).

the point is, and romney knows it, if you tax the rich at fairer rates and close loopholes, they will still do fine and spend the same.

Gotta disagree with you there. Mitt thinks things will magically get better if he's elected president, and stay bad or get worse if Obama is reelected:

Romney, who spoke confidently throughout the event and seemed quite at ease with the well-heeled group, insisted that his election in and of itself would lead to economic growth and that the markets would react favorably if his chances seemed good in the fall:

They'll probably be looking at what the polls are saying. If it looks like I'm going to win, the markets will be happy. If it looks like the president's going to win, the markets should not be terribly happy. It depends of course which markets you're talking about, which types of commodities and so forth, but my own view is that if we win on November 6th, there will be a great deal of optimism about the future of this country. We'll see capital come back and we'll see—without actually doing anything—we'll actually get a boost in the economy. If the president gets reelected, I don't know what will happen. I can—I can never predict what the markets will do. Sometimes it does the exact opposite of what I would have expected. But my own view is that if we get a "Taxageddon," as they call it, January 1st, with this president, and with a Congress that can't work together, it's—it really is frightening.

From the link in the OP.

i heard it before, but romney just said this in the debate. he said the rich would do fine regardless of who is elected. then he mentioned about how he is worried about the middle income families. (it took me a long time to find this).

:LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar

Well, looks like Romney has flip flopped on this one as well. (Was this the last thing that he had been consistent on? Serious question . . . I can't think of a single controversial position that he hasn't been on both sides of.)

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has described his disparaging remarks about the 47 percent of Americans who don't pay federal income taxes as "not elegantly stated." Now he's calling them "just completely wrong."

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=162336288&from=mobile

• Fire 2
  • 1 month later...

Apparently Romney felt the need to execute one more complete reversal on this issue before he fades into the sunset:

Saying that he and his team still felt “troubled” by his loss to President Obama, Mitt Romney on Wednesday attributed his defeat in part to what he called big policy “gifts” that the president had bestowed on loyal Democratic constituencies, including young voters, African-Americans and Hispanics.

In a conference call with fund-raisers and donors to his campaign, Mr. Romney said Wednesday afternoon that the president had followed the “old playbook” of using targeted initiatives to woo specific interest groups — “especially the African-American community, the Hispanic community and young people.”

“In each case, they were very generous in what they gave to those groups,” Mr. Romney said, contrasting Mr. Obama’s strategy to his own of “talking about big issues for the whole country: military strategy, foreign policy, a strong economy, creating jobs and so forth.”

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/14/romney-blames-loss-on-obamas-gifts-to-minorities-and-young-voters/

He'll never get it. Most of the right won't either. The extreme irony is someone I'm "friends" with on FB posted some junk about how Obama's created a welfare state. Only problem is she's unemployed, has 2 kids, and is living off of the government.... I just wrote: Didn't think that through, did ya?