Mitt Romney drumming up money with the well-heeled

knapplc

You go back and reread my statements, and if you look between those 2 lines you bold there is this thing called a sentence. Read, comprehend, reread, repeat as needed.

Just did. I'll make it a little more specific for you in case you're missing the message.

Now we are getting somewhere, everyone should get a tax cut. But seriously I am all for reducing taxes on households making under $1 million. Over that I wouldn't object to increasing taxes a small amount, and closing tax loopholes.

Everyone should get a tax cut . . . and then we should slightly raise taxes on some. I guess that's what might have been referred to in your macro and micro as a wash. :lol:

Hey . . . if it makes you feel like something is being accomplished . . . let's do it.

Any time I see "..." I instantly know the quote is worthless and out of context. But it proves your point to yourself so good for you. I just don't know how to respond to you. So I will end it with read the second sentence and pull your head out.

Any time I see "..." I instantly know the quote is worthless and out of context. But it proves your point to yourself so good for you. I just don't know how to respond to you. So I will end it with read the second sentence and pull your head out.

:blink:

"What context is lacking? Enlighten me."

You go back and reread my statements, and if you look between those 2 lines you bold there is this thing called a sentence. Read, comprehend, reread, repeat as needed.

Posts made 19 minutes apart. To quote one of our fellow board members, "the mind boggles."

Interesting opinion piece, saying what I think a lot of us believe to be true:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/18/opinion/borger-romney-weakness/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Romney has a businessman's approach to politics. Which means: He sizes up a situation (or an audience). He figures out what he needs to do to cut the deal. Then he does it, and expects it to work.

Ergo, Romney speaks to a group of conservative GOP fat cats, and tells them what he thinks they want to hear so they will cough up the dough. Belief is almost beside the point. He was closing the deal.

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t2

Romney has a businessman's approach to politics. Which means: He sizes up a situation (or an audience). He figures out what he needs to do to cut the deal. Then he does it, and expects it to work.

Ergo, Romney speaks to a group of conservative GOP fat cats, and tells them what he thinks they want to hear so they will cough up the dough. Belief is almost beside the point. He was closing the deal.

my friend mentioned how when he worked for a big law firm he once went to a seminar on how to market to rich people and was told to play on their sense of superiority and entitlement. he said that reminded him of romney's leaked q&a.

my caps lock works to, watch: THE ONLY WAY TO FIX THE ECONOMY, AND LOWER THE DEFICIT, IS TO INCREASE SPENDING. SPENDING FROM ANYWHERE.

Yep....that's what Europe thought and look where they are with their government debt.

how so? it seems like austerity is what is dooming greece.

The problem is, there are no private rooms anymore. Even presuming this is true (and I have no reason to believe it isn't), you have to presume that this is going to get out to the general populace at some point. There's always a microphone. Ask Obama, and his open-mic gaffe to the Russian president earlier this year.

It's indicative to me that these politicians have a disconnect with reality in that they do not seem to learn that there is always video/audio of them contradicting themselves, or making themselves look like an ass, despite the fact that The Daily Show has been doing just that for over a decade.

my caps lock works to, watch: THE ONLY WAY TO FIX THE ECONOMY, AND LOWER THE DEFICIT, IS TO INCREASE SPENDING. SPENDING FROM ANYWHERE.

Yep....that's what Europe thought and look where they are with their government debt.

Really??? Seriously??? You think LACK of spending is what is causing the problem in Greece?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/interactive-graphics/9100416/Graphic-Explaining-the-Greek-debt-crisis.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13798000

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2011/06/16/explaining-the-greek-debt-crisis/

The fact is, the crisis started when Greece spent too much money and had no way of paying it back. Austerity is what is needed to get their spending back in line.

The problem is, their population has learned that they should rely on the government for so much that when it is taken away, they riot and can't figure out why their sugar daddy is gone.

Austerity is the reason why people are rioting. It is NOT the reason for the crisis.

The US is in a position right now that if it isn't fixed, we will be at the point of not being able to pay our bills like Greece is now. BUT, the problem with doing that is that everyone who gets support from the government is totally against THEIR support being taken away.

We can't afford it. Until the stupid Americans figure that out, we are quite possibly doomed like Greece.

The American public no longer understands what the words...."Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country" means. It doesn't mean that every time I need something I run to the government for it. I am all for giving back. I honestly don't have a problem paying taxes because that is what everyone needs to be doing to support the country we live in. BUT, once again, you can go and raise all the taxes you want on those evil rich people but until the rest of the country figures out that they can't keep getting money from the sugar daddy, it is all for not.

Austerity is the reason why people are rioting. It is NOT the reason for the crisis.

i did not say austerity is the cause of the problem, it is just the death knell of greece's disastrous situation.

now, please read this article:

The Austerity Agenda

“The boom, not the slump, is the right time for austerity.” So declared John Maynard Keynes 75 years ago, and he was right. Even if you have a long-run deficit problem — and who doesn’t? — slashing spending while the economy is deeply depressed is a self-defeating strategy, because it just deepens the depression.

This isn’t a new insight. The great American economist Irving Fisher explained it all the way back in 1933, summarizing what he called “debt deflation” with the pithy slogan “the more the debtors pay, the more they owe.” Recent events, above all the austerity death spiral in Europe, have dramatically illustrated the truth of Fisher’s insight.

And there’s a clear moral to this story: When the private sector is frantically trying to pay down debt, the public sector should do the opposite, spending when the private sector can’t or won’t. By all means, let’s balance our budget once the economy has recovered — but not now. The boom, not the slump, is the right time for austerity.

The problem is, there are no private rooms anymore. Even presuming this is true (and I have no reason to believe it isn't), you have to presume that this is going to get out to the general populace at some point. There's always a microphone. Ask Obama, and his open-mic gaffe to the Russian president earlier this year.

It's indicative to me that these politicians have a disconnect with reality in that they do not seem to learn that there is always video/audio of them contradicting themselves, or making themselves look like an ass, despite the fact that The Daily Show has been doing just that for over a decade.

Hasn't stopped masses of people from mindlessly believing everything that comes out of Fox News, despite the fact that they contradict themselves so much it's impossible to know what they actually want conservatives to think from year to year... so why should the the politicians being propped up by Fox be any different?

Really??? Seriously??? You think LACK of spending is what is causing the problem in Greece?

http://www.telegraph...ebt-crisis.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-13798000

http://www.forbes.co...ek-debt-crisis/

The fact is, the crisis started when Greece spent too much money and had no way of paying it back. Austerity is what is needed to get their spending back in line.

The problem is, their population has learned that they should rely on the government for so much that when it is taken away, they riot and can't figure out why their sugar daddy is gone.

The US is in a position right now that if it isn't fixed, we will be at the point of not being able to pay our bills like Greece is now. BUT, the problem with doing that is that everyone who gets support from the government is totally against THEIR support being taken away.

We can't afford it. Until the stupid Americans figure that out, we are quite possibly doomed like Greece.

The American public no longer understands what the words...."Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country" means. It doesn't mean that every time I need something I run to the government for it. I am all for giving back. I honestly don't have a problem paying taxes because that is what everyone needs to be doing to support the country we live in. BUT, once again, you can go and raise all the taxes you want on those evil rich people but until the rest of the country figures out that they can't keep getting money from the sugar daddy, it is all for not.

The difference is that we aren't Greece.