Marlowe

Aye, but from what I understand, he got special permission to go to the OSU game since it's near home. At least, I think that's what I remember.

On a side note, my daughter, a third grader, got to have lunch with Marlowe and several cheerleaders on Tuesday of this week. They were doing a fundraiser for a walk-a-thon, and the kid that raised the most money in each homeroom got to have lunch with them. My daughter was highest in her homeroom, so she got to do it. :) She had a lot of fun. If I get a chance, I'll try to post the pic the school put up of her and Marlowe at some point.

Clavicle usually takes 12 weeks to completely heal. I am not sure if his was completely broken or fractured, but they said he would be out for 3-4 weeks. NorthWestern game was when he was projected to be back, but in my opinion, he will fit right in. Its not like we have any receivers seeing more than 2-3 catches a game anyway, but we need him on the field, as he is one more weapon the Defense has to worry about breaking free, and gives more time for someone to get a breath. I have a Marlowe fan for a long time, and he is almost a sure catch on 3rd downs.

He was in uniform against Wisconsin on the sidelines with a headset, just no pads or helmet. But when a ran off and on the field at halftime and after the game, he was carrying his pads and helmet. Maybe he wore them and participated in warmups or whatnot, meaning he has to be getting close.

He at least participated in warm ups, you can see him run in front of the camera at about the 10 second mark.

I'm pretty sure Marlowe is sorta like another wide receiver coach anyway. I'm glad to see him with the headphones, which I assume means he's listening to the coaches from up top and can relay info to the players.

I think it'll be interesting to see if JT10 can hang onto playing time once Marlowe is back and healthy. I suspect not... Marlowe is a great blocker, and knows the offense inside out. He might not be able to run 40 yards to get 4 like JT10, but I'll take substance over flash anytime. He does seem to have been taking advantage of the situation though...

Dollars to donuts Marlowe is back at NU in coaching role if the NFL doesn't work out.

Dollars to donuts Marlowe is back at NU in coaching role if the NFL doesn't work out.

Takes a lot of time, grinding and dedication to land a coaching job, especially with NU. On top of that, money is basically non existant. Ask Ganz. He has been an intern for a while, and still no shot for him landing a coaching job (from what I have heard so far).

Zoogies, I couldn't agree with you more.

In fact, I believe Jamal Turner's role should greatly increase!

Taylor Martinez and Turner should be connecting on screen passes early. This will get Turner involved faster during the game.

Anyway, only one catch for 27 yards in the Wiscy game this past weekend. That is unacceptable.

And I know that Kenny Bell fans will rip me for saying this, but Bell will accumulate his receptions because of his ability to get open. He's just a natural receiver -- possession and stretch-the-field rolled up in one. Obviously, Quincy Enunwa will get his catches too being the excellent large possession wideout that he is.

Even so, there is a factor to Turner's game that makes him like a running back -- an explosive running back at that! He looks like he is going to break one every time he touches the ball.

I'd be using Turner like Irving Fryar!

He's not a natural receiver like Kenny Bell, but you want to drive up his receiving totals because of his open field running and his YAC!

If I were Martinez, I'd request to coach Beck to run a designed screen pass play involving Turner early in the game. As soon as Turner catches that ball, he will grab a feel for the game. You'll see the adrenaline in Turner if he gets that quick catch early in the game!

He needs about four catches a game to reach his full potential. If Turner gets his touches, fans will see what I mean. He looks like he is going to break one every time he touches the ball.

I say it...Martinez is leaving points off the scoreboard if the offensive coaching staff fails to find ways to work Turner into the game plan.

• Fire 2

Takes a lot of time, grinding and dedication to land a coaching job, especially with NU. On top of that, money is basically non existant. Ask Ganz. He has been an intern for a while, and still no shot for him landing a coaching job (from what I have heard so far).

Ganz is already a coach bro. He's a paid Graduate Assistant in charge of making Taylor Martinez into a more lethal weapon.

Ganz is already a coach bro. He's a paid Graduate Assistant in charge of making Taylor Martinez into a more lethal weapon.

To me there is a big difference between a GA and a coach lol.