Any report how last weekend's scrimmage went?

I was able to catch the first 2 games. I am not a baseball guy so take this with a grain of salt.

Kash and Urban appear to be out recovering from injuries. I think Kash will be the 1st baseman when he comes back I think as he gives us a little more punch at the plate. We will miss Stock's production. Headley played 1st & 3rd and will be a nice defensive replacement at 1st if needed. Did a good job at 3rd as well. So&so at the plate. Kelly is a stud. He's really starting to look comfortable at 2nd. Didn't look as 'rushed' when throwing the ball to first. Looks to me like Peters will be our ss. Probably be 9th in the lineup. He could also bat 2nd as he is a good bunter, but I'd like to see Rich in the top of the lineup somewhere as he is our best basestealing option. Scheffert's bat was not as hot as last spring. Hope to see his bat come back like last year. Headley will get some time there to spell him on occasion. We should be fairly decent behind the plate in receiving. Don't know much about home to 2nd as there wasn't a lot to see that way other than 1 high throw on a Rich steal. I think Stringer is probably the best overall option offensively and defensively, then maybe Fish. Lubach seemed to struggle a bit at the plate but then it's only a couple of games so take that with a grain of salt. OF has 4 solid guys both offensively and defensively. I am guessing Darby will platoon in and spend a little more time at DH. I thought Kildow had a nice series and looked better than last year. I like him in combination with Austin Christensen as a LH pinch hitter and Ty as the pinch runner. I hope to see that this year. Overall I don't think we will be quite as good offensively as last year, but we should be pretty darn good. Defensively they were solid in game 1. Not so much in game 2 but then I don't think the issues were with potential starters. Whites did a good job of getting Pritchard on base, bunting him over then scoring him. Good linedrive hitting by both squads in the 2 games.

Pitching. Pitching is still the main item to figure out. Hard to know how much progress has been made. Hirsch looks like he will be back in as a weekend starter. I think DeLeon looks like he could be a potential closer at this time. Roeder looks like he could potential be a decent command & control guy but I see him as a setup guy in the brief stint that I saw him. I thought Hawkins was an intriguing pitcher. Kind of a sidearm/3rd quarter funky delivery. He got a lot of ground balls. Had a couple of walks and gave up some hits, but he could be a guy you put in there to induce a potential groundball double play opportunity. Situationally could be an effective player for us. Chesnut was a little rocky to start but had a few decent innings after that. Both he and Howell could stand a little development & maturation. Looking forward to seeing what Hadden and Hoppes bring to the table. I think the white team won because they had more normal position players & offense at their disposal vs the red. Series was won at draft time/split time!

This is my guess at next year's lineup

1) Pritchard OF (L)

2) Rich CF (L)

3) Kelly 2nd ®

4) Christensen OF ®

5) Darby DH (L)

6) Kash 1st ®

7) Scheffert ®

8) Stringer ®

9) Peters ®

Here's an interesting lineup that splits up our LH batters a bit and could be an alternate lineup depending on who we are facing. Puts our best basestealer at the top of the lineup, with a good bunter in the 2nd spot behind him and our best hitters in the 3 & 4 spots. Could be really effective if Rich can get on base.

1) Rich (L)

2) Peters ®

3) Pritchard (L)

4) Kelly ®

5) Christensen ®

6) Darby (L)

7) Kash ®

8) Scheffert ®

9) Stringer ®

• Fire 1

Good 3rd game. Was a bit cool at the park. Kubat got pounded early. He may have been a bit rusty. king battled fairly well. Roeder did a nice job of closing the game for the reds. Headley had a good day at the plate. Less errors this game so that was good. Placzek settled in a bit at short. Peters was solid there which was good to see. He doesn't have the biggest arm and greatest range but if he stays steady we should be okay. There may be a few balls get through and runners beating throws but key is to avoid errors.

Hope the pitching staff heals up, rests up & comes in next spring with good command & control. They will be the key to this season. Looks like Hirsch made a bit of a jump from summer development. I am looking forward to seeing the staff develop under Silva's instruction.

Wes Edrington will enroll in January, he could contribute immediately at short.

I didn't know that, thanks!

The articles I have read have said he is an awesome defensive ss. That's really good news. We shall have to see if he can hit college pitching, but at the least it's another dynamic that can only help and if he isn't quite ready this year he will be ready next year. I really like the recruiting class they have for 2013 & 2014. (depending upon the draft. grrr)