Reality

Flood

K-State is in some nether realm of reality.

No other way to put it. Snyder has built miracles there, and done it twice.

There is no school in the world that has enough money to hire Bill Snyder away from K-State. I admire that about Snyder, it is reminiscent of Tom Osborne.

If we want that kind of loyalty, we need to give that kind of patience. I know we are, historically, on a level far above K-State, but we got there by showing our coach that he wouldn't be canned as long as he won most of them and got the best from his players. This second part is the issue. Is Bo REALLY getting the best from his guys? I do not think so at this point, but I also think it is too soon to write this off. Bo needs a couple more years, at minimum.

Patience really can pay off.

I know there are coaches that came in and won big right away. We just faced one in Urban. But Urban is a job hopper, and trouble follows him, I think Nebraska is better than that. I think we were burned by the Callahan years, and are anxious to get back to the glory years. Our impatience could kill us, and we need to breathe and look at things more closely after the season.

Will you naysayers be here, if we get into the Rose Bowl? I know you will be if we LOSE the Rose, but will you be here if we GET there, and if we WIN it?

I think the answer is no.

Patience, my friends.

Don't misread "naysaying" for honest trends. If you look at the last four years Pelini has been here, our defense has gotten progressively worse. Bo's best year?...2009...when Callahan's last recruiting class were seniors. I was at the UCLA game...our D-backs couldn't keep up. Pelini's time at Nebraska? nconsistency rings clear in my mind and many other Husker fans. It's a concern...seeing the same type of play...not being able to win "the big one"...more importantly STILL watching Bo inappropriately chew out players on national television. Who watching this game would honestly want to send their kid to Nebraska after watching Pelini repeatedly lose his temper? I'm a passionate person and I admire Pelini's passion for the game. However, as a head coach, you have to keep it together. He's getting better, but I think he has yet to "turn the corner" as a head football coach. And if a coach can't turn the corner, neither will his team. I wanted to win this game bad...I told people that this would be the game...but it wasn't and to see us have another meltdown on the road...especially when we were in control in the second quarter...was just sad. But I am hoping we figure it out...I'm hoping something happens...it's just hard when we've seen this all before. Again, honest trends.

We are not halfway through a brutal five game portion of our schedule.

Most people, if being realistic and honest, did not really believe we would win them all. Wisconsin turned out to be less than we feared, yet still gave a scare and took one helluva comeback.

Northwestern, Michigan, Sparty still block our road to Indy. Let's go get em. (The team of course. I personally will not be getting anyone except my wife, unless she suddenly develops fantasies that mirror my own).

This season is not done, far from it.

Anything we do this year is cream on top. Next year is our best play.

Also, Texas lost today. That helps, for me.

Anyone can beat Arkansas State, Idaho State, or Southern Miss. With the exception of Wisconsin this team looks pretty inept to beat a "good" team. The Huskers are on pace to finish 8-4 like I thought and are just not very good. I have tried to be supportive of Pelini and have refrained from ever saying anything disparaging about him, but I gotta admit, my faith in him, Papuchis, and Beck have taken a major hit after this game.

That's true...I was also thinking 8-4, and in this game I had OSU winning 35-17. Never thought that would almost be the halftime score.

I had a buddy who is a Mizzery fan ask me if we had re-hired Callahan, in regards to the ridiculous scores during that era. That was kind of painful to hear.

At least Mizzery sucks though ;)

2017 is the year. Banderas, McWilson and "Crazy" Courtney Love as fifth year seniors anchoring the greatest Blackshirts EVER! And Johnny Stanton is the REAL DEAL! The next Eric Crouch, or Jerry Tagge, or Bobby Reynolds. Was Bobby Reynolds a QB? I dunno, but this guy's really gonna be special. I know I told you all Curt Dukes was 110% the new Scott Frost, and Joe Dailey would make Turner Gill look silly. But this new guy, he's it for sure. And I know I said Harrison Beck was pretty much guaranteed to win the Heisman. And that Sam Keller was the best pure passer Nebraska's ever seen. And I missed the mark a little saying Cody Green was like Jammal Lord with Steve Young's arm. Or that Brion Carnes was basically a Tommie Frazier clone. But this new kid... yeah, he's gonna bring us back to the promised land.

There is no school in the world that has enough money to hire Bill Snyder away from K-State. I admire that about Snyder, it is reminiscent of Tom Osborne.

If we want that kind of loyalty, we need to give that kind of patience. I know we are, historically, on a level far above K-State, but we got there by showing our coach that he wouldn't be canned as long as he won most of them and got the best from his players. This second part is the issue. Is Bo REALLY getting the best from his guys? I do not think so at this point, but I also think it is too soon to write this off. Bo needs a couple more years, at minimum.

I know there are coaches that came in and won big right away. We just faced one in Urban. But Urban is a job hopper, and trouble follows him, I think Nebraska is better than that. I think we were burned by the Callahan years, and are anxious to get back to the glory years. Our impatience could kill us, and we need to breathe and look at things more closely after the season.

Will you naysayers be here, if we get into the Rose Bowl? I know you will be if we LOSE the Rose, but will you be here if we GET there, and if we WIN it?

Patience, my friends.

I agree-look at Chizik at Auburn. He won the MNC just two years ago and now look at Auburn. Look at Bob Stoops-OU has struggled since they won their last championship. Chris Peterson (whom many want to be our head coach) has been struggling as well. There were a lot of top 5 teams that lost yesterday.

Since many people on this board thought we would lose to tOSU why are they so upset? Our season is not over yet, and we can still will our division. (Legends vs Leaders division) we can still win the B1G AND we can still go to the Rose Bowl. What I enjoyed about this game was watching Urban Meyer squirm the first quarter. That was priceless. We WERE shutting Miller down that first quarter (why we changed our defensive plan when it is working is VERY concerning) and why Beck continues to pass when we're in the red zone is another 'head scratcher'. But watching old Urban squirm during that first quarter was PRICELESS. I just wish we could've done that the entire game.

Most people, if being realistic and honest, did not really believe we would win them all. Wisconsin turned out to be less than we feared, yet still gave a scare and took one helluva comeback.

Northwestern, Michigan, Sparty still block our road to Indy. Let's go get em. (The team of course. I personally will not be getting anyone except my wife, unless she suddenly develops fantasies that mirror my own).

I was actually looking more at '14 being our year. We are seeing the effects of Bo's first 2 recruiting classes. It will get better though.

I agree with this 100%. I think Bo was learning with the recruiting and it going to have to cycle out. We are still 1-2 years away in my opinion.

I was actually looking more at '14 being our year. We are seeing the effects of Bo's first 2 recruiting classes. It will get better though.

I agree with this 100%. I think Bo was learning with the recruiting and it going to have to cycle out. We are still 1-2 years away in my opinion.

Lol. And when we get to "14" and are getting housed on national tv still, then what? Gonna be "16" right? Like I said, go cubbies.

8-4 is not great, but it is not "tear down the stadium and start again" bad either.

It took a while for Tom to get it going. And it is a new era. Can we all agree on that much?

After the Callahan debacle, I think we owe it to ourselves to give Bo a couple more years at least. I would hate to be on the coaching carousel where we have a new guy every three years and never get beyond 8-4. Or worse. I'd rather give Bo a chance to really make sure before we let him go.

Naive? Perhaps. Or once bitten twice shy. Devil you know, and all that.

I think we will turn a corner next year, but this year is far from over, and the Rose Bowl is still wide open.

We're starting to sound like Cub fans.

I have been a Cub fan for 50 years and a Husker fan since I went to school there 30 years ago.

The difference between Cub fans and Huskers fans is night and day. It could not be greater. Cub fans expect nothing from their team and simply enjoy whatever happens, supporting their team and being ecstatic when they actually win. Husker fans expect everything, seem to rarely enjoy the team (being frustrated and angered often), and are bitter when they lose.

No.... Husker fans could not be more dissimilar from Cub fans. That said, it would be great if the trend in Husker fandom began to move toward the Cub end of the continuum. There is something very healthy about Cub fans. So... here is hoping we move that way.

Now is good time to start. If the Huskers win one in these next few weeks then great. I do not expect a victory these next few weeks... I'd like to see one (or more). But I do not expect one. It is not rational to expect this team to win these game. Two of the three could be tight... one -- not so much. Nevertheless, lets root for them and enjoy. It is just a game, a diversion. Like the Cub fans of old and now... just kick back and enjoy the camaraderie with friends and family and cheer the team on.

• Fire 1

8-4 is not great, but it is not "tear down the stadium and start again" bad either.

It took a while for Tom to get it going. And it is a new era. Can we all agree on that much?

After the Callahan debacle, I think we owe it to ourselves to give Bo a couple more years at least. I would hate to be on the coaching carousel where we have a new guy every three years and never get beyond 8-4. Or worse. I'd rather give Bo a chance to really make sure before we let him go.

Naive? Perhaps. Or once bitten twice shy. Devil you know, and all that.

I think we will turn a corner next year, but this year is far from over, and the Rose Bowl is still wide open.

We're starting to sound like Cub fans.

I have been a Cub fan for 50 years and a Husker fan since I went to school there 30 years ago.

The difference between Cub fans and Huskers fans is night and day. It could not be greater. Cub fans expect nothing from their team and simply enjoy whatever happens, supporting their team and being ecstatic when they actually win. Husker fans expect everything, seem to rarely enjoy the team (being frustrated and angered often), and are bitter when they lose.

No.... Husker fans could not be more dissimilar from Cub fans. That said, it would be great if the trend in Husker fandom began to move toward the Cub end of the continuum. There is something very healthy about Cub fans. So... here is hoping we move that way.

Now is good time to start. If the Huskers win one in these next few weeks then great. I do not expect a victory these next few weeks... I'd like to see one (or more). But I do not expect one. It is not rational to expect this team to win these game. Two of the three could be tight... one -- not so much. Nevertheless, lets root for them and enjoy. It is just a game, a diversion. Like the Cub fans of old and now... just kick back and enjoy the camaraderie with friends and family and cheer the team on.

Like I said, you sound like a Nebraska cub fan. I live in central il and love hearing how great they are going to be NEXT year. I understand enjoying being together with other Nebraska fans and enjoying the fellowship. This is why I drive my 7 hours to games and my entire family has been raised on Husker tradition. . I also understand that at some point you have to show signs of serious progress and it can't always be NEXT year. Cuz that means you suck every year. And unlike you, the fellowship for some just doesn't overcome the constant SUCKING. Will we all still show up and support the kids...of course, but that doesn't mean we should pretend things aren't going in a bad direction and have been for a while.

No offense, but what exactly has he learned? Our recruiting classes still barely crack the Top 25, yet we wonder why our performance on the field is subpar. Until we get some great recruiters here, nothing is going to change. Sad but true.

No offense, but what exactly has he learned? Our recruiting classes still barely crack the Top 25, yet we wonder why our performance on the field is subpar. Until we get some great recruiters here, nothing is going to change. Sad but true.

We still don't have a QB. We lack the athletic ability to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Defense lacks speed/athleticism at LB and DL. We are stacked at WR,RB and DB (I know some disagree). I also think he has shown loyalty to some that he has brought in which I don't think works in his favor.

I have to believe he knows he is bringing in the wrong 'Big Uglies'. I would hope that he now realizes that he needs a different style LB that Fish or Compton. He is a first time head coach that has changed conferences and gone through coordinators on both sides of the ball.

Patience, my friends.

Don't misread "naysaying" for honest trends. If you look at the last four years Pelini has been here, our defense has gotten progressively worse. Bo's best year?...2009...when Callahan's last recruiting class were seniors. I was at the UCLA game...our D-backs couldn't keep up. Pelini's time at Nebraska? nconsistency rings clear in my mind and many other Husker fans. It's a concern...seeing the same type of play...not being able to win "the big one"...more importantly STILL watching Bo inappropriately chew out players on national television. Who watching this game would honestly want to send their kid to Nebraska after watching Pelini repeatedly lose his temper? I'm a passionate person and I admire Pelini's passion for the game. However, as a head coach, you have to keep it together. He's getting better, but I think he has yet to "turn the corner" as a head football coach. And if a coach can't turn the corner, neither will his team. I wanted to win this game bad...I told people that this would be the game...but it wasn't and to see us have another meltdown on the road...especially when we were in control in the second quarter...was just sad. But I am hoping we figure it out...I'm hoping something happens...it's just hard when we've seen this all before. Again, honest trends.

Well if you dont let your son play for a coach because he might get chewed for making a mistake then hold on, because the real world is going to kick him in the balls, time and time again.