"We will not surrender the Big 10 to Ohio State and Michigan"

Flood I hope you are correct, but what we have seen is our program steadily go down hill. We were okay when we had Clownahan recruits, when they left, the deadfall started.

Just exactly what do you see that indicates Bo can turn this around. The only thing we have going for us next year is the schedule. We will be lucky this year to get to a semi decent bowl game is my guess, where we will not be prepared, not make adjustments and lose in the secon half, and again on National TV. How many of these drubbings do you need to see?

The only way I see Bo righting this ship is to hire a competent OC and DC. On the job training for the Head Coach is enough.

If he does not make major changes and get help, he will not have much more time, especially with a new AD.

I would like to hope you guys are right, but I just do not see the improvement in his teams to make me think he can do it. I am not talking about talent, I am talking about not being prepared, not really caring who they are playing, pentalties, bone head plays, lack of control.

I look for your posts and try to find the underlying meaning behind them....................I get what you're saying especially with the coordinator talk. He HAS to change those guys or he's done..............

IDK... even though Osborne had some disappointing losses, his teams generally performed very well during the regular season and I always had the feeling that eventually he was going to break through and win the big one. I don't have that feeling with Bo.

Sometimes, I wonder if people really remember history very well. The Big 8 wasn't a great coference. It was very top heavy. We usually only had to play one good/great team. Things changed when the Big 12 was formed. If I've said it once, I've said it a million times; TO would not have survived as our head coach had he taken the reigns in the 90's rather than the 70's. I don't know if most believe in kharma, but we may very well be living it now.

The term mercenaries got me thinking. Bo was so excited when he came here, now I wonder if he feels the same about his position

This is an interesting observation. It seems like this board lights up like a Christmas tree when we lose with the 'Who do you think would be a better coach than Bo' or 'Bo is on the hot seat now' et al. However, what if Bo just gets tired of it all here in our great state and leaves? Then what? I fear this more than I fear him being on the proverbial 'hot seat'. Many here were not here when Tom O was going through his journey. We had plenty of embarrassing games during that time but folks only seem to focus on the great game and there were many of those too. But I remember well the refrains of, 'Osborne can't win the big one! He can't beat Oklahoma, etc.' I really wish that we could be patient. I see good things in the future. People keep going on and on about this being Bo's '5th year' at NU. However, it's only his 2nd year in a new conference. And as far as replacing the OC and DC. They're doing some really nice things. Let them develop. If we would've won that game we would all be singing their praises. Call me a sunshine pumper or whatever but I think good things are coming. I guess I would much rather have that attitude than the opposite. I would much rather have our players read that attitude from fans than the other too.

The year Osborne finally got Oklahoma in 1978, prior to that season, or following the previous, Osborne was really REALLY on the hot seat, and I think that's when he was considering the Colorado job. He was also serioulsy considering stepping down after 1990 and those final 2 really bad losses because heart problems had re-flared up. These instances are discussed by Osborne himself in a video documentary. Osborne had hard times too, long before the glory years.

Using that to lead to this: I guess when it comes to these I just hope as much as anyone that Bo will get it done. I was one that thought Solich shoulda been givin more time. The thing is is yes Bo made hay from outstanding recruiting from Callahan. And yes, his 1st few classes were average to bad (in comparison to what they need to be). That may be for a number of reasons. Some say lazy recruiting. Well, maybe. Dont think it was laziness, but rather more focus on the now things, like getting the D straightened out enough ot get to 9 wins that first year. I would say it would be hard for a 1st time coach in a non-hotbed of talent to recruit. His classes have improved gradually over time. There have been some busts. But this past offseason we read about the talent and physch evaluation of some sort that he implemented, and Ross Els puttin the weekend event. Truth is, theyre trying, and learing on the go. Yes theyre young, and inexperienced, but that's how you improve, and build continuity. Sure you could get rid of them all and bring in the big dogs for a few years to make the hay, but then what when they leave after just so long? Like Kansas St and Snyder. Sure he came back and is having success, but to they have a plan for when he leaves here shortly? Me personally would rather keep letting these guys develope the program and learn from their mistakes for the sake of the long haul. I would rather have consistent 9,10 win seasons than be a fly by night program like Missouri, Kansas St, Miami, West Virginia, and so on.

Bottom line is this is a "win, NOW" dominated society. And I think Bo holds himself to that more than any one of us, which could explain his attitude after these kinds of losses. So I guess I'll put my head back in the sand with the rest of us sunshine pumpers. Thanks for reading.

The term mercenaries got me thinking. Bo was so excited when he came here, now I wonder if he feels the same about his position

This is an interesting observation. It seems like this board lights up like a Christmas tree when we lose with the 'Who do you think would be a better coach than Bo' or 'Bo is on the hot seat now' et al. However, what if Bo just gets tired of it all here in our great state and leaves? Then what? I fear this more than I fear him being on the proverbial 'hot seat'. Many here were not here when Tom O was going through his journey. We had plenty of embarrassing games during that time but folks only seem to focus on the great game and there were many of those too. But I remember well the refrains of, 'Osborne can't win the big one! He can't beat Oklahoma, etc.' I really wish that we could be patient. I see good things in the future. People keep going on and on about this being Bo's '5th year' at NU. However, it's only his 2nd year in a new conference. And as far as replacing the OC and DC. They're doing some really nice things. Let them develop. If we would've won that game we would all be singing their praises. Call me a sunshine pumper or whatever but I think good things are coming. I guess I would much rather have that attitude than the opposite. I would much rather have our players read that attitude from fans than the other too.

I remember. The thing about TO's teams was while they did get beaten (badly at times) it was usually more due to athleticism as opposed to poor fundamentals and undisciplined play. If Bo were to just leave, wouldn't that then alleviate everyone's concern that we can't get a good coach to come here because we fire nine win coaches? And I'm not saying I want Bo to leave or be fired, I just cannot decide about him.

I think it would be much easier to be an optimist (or "sunshine pumper" if you will) if we could see some tangible improvement on the field. But at this point, the same problems that were plaguing us in the first year are still very, very evident.

And to me, the conference excuse is just that, an excuse. False starts and missed tackles are the same no matter where or whom you are playing.