Bo has not won one big game

The point is, the quest to run TO out of town may well have been irrational and the quest to run Bo out of town may well be very rational. It's not necessarily the case that it's emotional fans being illogical. The argument that they should be viewed the same way doesn't hold water because as you've illustrated, they are apples to oranges situations.

Then it's a good thing nobody is making that argument, huh?

Are you kidding me? I know you read closer than that. People are making that argument all over this place.

Can you point out where I've made that argument? Because if not, I have no idea why you're talking to me about it.

It was a general observation in a related back and forth with you. I never said you made that argument. If I used the term "you" as in "you can't make that argument", it was intended to be read as "people" in general rather than "you" specifically.

Besides, who says I'm talking to you? Maybe you're talking to me.

Solich got us to a National title in 4 years, so do not compare him to BO. You are ridiculous to think Bo is a better coach than Frank. Look what Frank did to Ohio (undefeated).

Solich backed into that title game. The memories not doing so good is it, because we got flat out handled by sCUm in Boulder to the tune of 36-62...

and how long did it take frank to get ohio to where it is. the point you make is that it takes time for a first time head coach to figure it out. be patient with bo and maybe he can do to nu what solich did to ohio, albeit much more challenging.

Didn't we all wait for TO to get there?

Solich got us to a National title in 4 years, so do not compare him to BO. You are ridiculous to think Bo is a better coach than Frank. Look what Frank did to Ohio (undefeated).

Solich backed into that title game. The memories not doing so good is it, because we got flat out handled by sCUm in Boulder to the tune of 36-62...

I love when people bring up that game. Colorado was ranked. That should be noted. Plus, they had a great plan against us and definitely caught us at a weak moment. Call it a trap game or whatever. It isn't the first time an accomplished team got rolled by a lesser and yet rated foe. It won't be the last. And it should also be noted that you, me, the rest of Husker Nation....NOT ONE OF US saw that one coming.

I love when people forget that we got into the national title game, and didn't even play in our on conference title game...

The point is, the quest to run TO out of town may well have been irrational and the quest to run Bo out of town may well be very rational. It's not necessarily the case that it's emotional fans being illogical. The argument that they should be viewed the same way doesn't hold water because as you've illustrated, they are apples to oranges situations.

• Fire 1

nebraska fans sure are impatient and entitled. if some of you had your way, we would have a different coach every five years.

Well we have to try something since we are so medicore right now. :ahhhhhhhh Since we'd rather hire a 2nd year coach out of Vandy that went 6-7 last season and is now sitting at 2-3. I wonder what Husker Board would be like if we were truly as terrible as people are making us out to be.

and how long did it take frank to get ohio to where it is. the point you make is that it takes time for a first time head coach to figure it out. be patient with bo and maybe he can do to nu what solich did to ohio, albeit much more challenging.

i was agreeing with you and responding to the post you were responding to. also, i agree with you about the mnc game. i remember green getting interviewed on pti (he played for green bay at the time) and they asked him about his huskers. he specifically said about how we were trying to or did back our way into the title game. for whatever reason, that 'back into it' line stuck with me.

We beat a 6th ranked team and you want to consider that not a big win because of the name of the opponent and we played at home and other games that had nothing to do with it?

What about also ranked Oklahoma State? There are more I think that I'm not thinking of...We have had more big wins under Bo Pelini than for years under the previous regime.

Here's the thing with people like the OP...the only "big game" in his mind is the one Nebraska loses.

i was agreeing with you and responding to the post you were responding to. also, i agree with you about the mnc game. i remember green getting interviewed on pti (he played for green bay at the time) and they asked him about his huskers. he specifically said about how we were trying to or did back our way into the title game. for whatever reason, that 'back into it' line stuck with me.

Sorry, I was waking up as I was posting that...

I like Bo Pelini, and I am not ready to fire him just yet by any means. Give him the rest of this year, but if he flops with an easy schedule next year it may be time to boot him. He just has not done much for the program besides restore it from a coach who had no business being in the state of Nebraska in the first place. What big games has Bo won. I look at schedules.

2008- Had a nice chance to win at Texas Tech, but couldn't get it done. We beat a Clemson team that was 7-6 at the time (not a big win).

2009- lost to Iowa State and Texas Tech. As well as a game where we completely outplayed Virginia Tech. Oh yeah and that Texas game. Won against Oklahoma who didn't have Sam Bradford and was playing for virtually nothing (not a big win).

2010-Lost to a horrible Texas team at home. Beat a sixth ranked Missouri team, but honestly since when has Missouri been considered a program changing or big win at all, we also played them at home. Then if you consider that game a good win, we almost went out and stubbed our toe at Iowa State the weekend after. Lost at A&M, against Oklahoma, and to Washington. 2 of those 3 could be considered very inexcusable.

2011- Michigan, Wisconsin, South Carolina, and Northwestern. Beat teams we were suppose to lost to a team we shouldn't have.

2012- UCLA, Ohio State, and Wisconsin is dreadful. If wee lose Wisconsin, how many people are calling for Bo's head this week?

This is the state of our program. We have not had one big win since Frank Solich was here. Plain and simple. We all know it.

I think what you should mention, instead of demeaning the importance of some home games, is that Bo Pelini can't win big games ON THE ROAD.

I want to know what YOUR specifications are for a big game. Take some of those not-so important wins and turn them into losses for Nebraska, how mad or disappointed does that make you? how does it make everyone else feel if?

You want to demean Missouri? Well Missouri was number 4 in the country when Chase Daniels and the Tigers beat Nebraska in Bo's first year 52 - 17 in Lincoln. I won't argue with you that Nebraska dropped the ball against #7 Texas Tech in OT that year, nor about the 62 - 28 loss to #3 Oklahoma three weeks after that.

2009 was a botch year, No major coaching changes came after the Huskers lost to Texas Tech yet again and the Turnover Picnic in Lincoln against Iowa St. We won out the rest of the year and went to the Big 12 Champ game, where we should have won the title against Texas.

While i hate the Missouri Tigers, i give them respect for taking down #1 Oklahoma in 2010. Something we didn't do with an injured Martinez in the Big 12 title game.

I guess holding #9 Michigan St. to 3 points last year doesn't qualify as a big game.

Watching South Carolina this year. I'm fairly convinced what we went against last year in the Cotton Bowl was a taste of what South Carolina would be capable of this season. I may just be hyping South Carolina up to make myself feel better about the loss to them in the Cotton Bowl, but at least it is working for me.