Bo has not won one big game

So, we see that Bo is 6-11 against ranked opponents. Osborne was 11-7 against ranked opponents through the same point in his career.

Which would tell us something if Bo and Tom had both started off with teams that had just won back-to-back national championships. Unfortunately, Bo didn't have that luxury.

Okay, fine. Then quit using the "we almost ran Tom out of town at this point in his career and thank God we didn't because look how that turned out for us" argument. As you've illustrated, it's an apples to oranges argument with completely different circumstances.

I don't think knapplc is making that argument. Just yesterday we were talking about how crazy it was that Tom's big pressure cooker, "win or be fired" moment came after a season in which he finished in the Top 10 and won either the Fiesta or Orange bowl.

I read in one of Osborne's books, stated by him himself, that that ultimatum came after the 77 season. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just read the book not too long ago. He lost to Oklahoma 38-7, and struggled to win a mediocre bowl game to get that 9th win, all after hovering between 10 and 20th ranking for most of the season. 78 was the year he finally beat Oklahome in the "Ruud be-heads a guy" game. After that big win against Oklahoma, we happened to crap our pants against an unranked Missouri team at home. Sound familiar?

77 was Osborne's 5th season.

So, we see that Bo is 6-11 against ranked opponents. Osborne was 11-7 against ranked opponents through the same point in his career.

Which would tell us something if Bo and Tom had both started off with teams that had just won back-to-back national championships. Unfortunately, Bo didn't have that luxury.

Okay, fine. Then quit using the "we almost ran Tom out of town at this point in his career and thank God we didn't because look how that turned out for us" argument. As you've illustrated, it's an apples to oranges argument with completely different circumstances.

I really don't care if you don't like it, or if you think it's apples and oranges. It illustrates that emotional fans and boosters often don't make logical decisions. Get over your dislike of the argument.

I really don't care if you don't like it, or if you think it's apples and oranges. It illustrates that emotional fans and boosters often don't make logical decisions. Get over your dislike of the argument.

The point is, the quest to run TO out of town may well have been irrational and the quest to run Bo out of town may well be very rational. It's not necessarily the case that it's emotional fans being illogical. The argument that they should be viewed the same way doesn't hold water because as you've illustrated, they are apples to oranges situations.

The point is, the quest to run TO out of town may well have been irrational and the quest to run Bo out of town may well be very rational. It's not necessarily the case that it's emotional fans being illogical. The argument that they should be viewed the same way doesn't hold water because as you've illustrated, they are apples to oranges situations.

Then it's a good thing nobody is making that argument, huh?

Are you kidding me? I know you read closer than that. People are making that argument all over this place.

Are you kidding me? I know you read closer than that. People are making that argument all over this place.

Can you point out where I've made that argument? Because if not, I have no idea why you're talking to me about it.

Are you honestly going to tell me other teams could have stacked up to that Miami team? No one could have

I'm honestly telling you that you're making yourself look ridiculous with some of your statements regarding Solich. I think others have already gone ahead and proved that point multiple times beyond my own post.

Edit - And my overall point with that is that you're twisting the circumstances to make them appear as evidence to back up your beliefs. Hilarious.

Are you honestly going to tell me other teams could have stacked up to that Miami team? No one could have

I'm honestly telling you that you're making yourself look ridiculous with some of your statements regarding Solich. I think others have already gone ahead and proved that point multiple times beyond my own post.

Edit - And my overall point with that is that you're twisting the circumstances to make them appear as evidence to back up your beliefs. Hilarious.

honestly, i do not know what the hell the point of this is anymore.

Well, he's comparing Solich to Pelini, which is a rather ludicrous comparison to make (for the reasons others have mentioned previously in this thread). And that includes even bringing up our 2001 BCS title game appearance. It comes down to twisting the circumstances around so that his comparison puts Pelini in a bad light, thus fitting it into his agenda. He's hoping a few knuckle dragging posters on this board will read it, not be aware of the actual situation regarding the comparons, and agree with him.