Ciante Evans

I know it's much to early to be thinking about next year but I had some thoughts about one HUGE void in the defense next year. Since, we have very little experience returning next year, What do you guys think about converting Ciante from his nickel/cornerback hybrid into the Mike/OLB position. The guy has good instincts. He is more aggressive than most (except Martin who will be gone too) and most importantly, HE'S THE ONLY GUY WHO ACTUALLY MAKES TACKLES!!!

If he puts on 15 to 20 pounds of muscle in the offseason, does it seem realistic?

Your thoughts?

I know it's much to early to be thinking about next year but I had some thoughts about one HUGE void in the defense next year. Since, we have very little experience returning next year, What do you guys think about converting Ciante from his nickel/cornerback hybrid into the Mike/OLB position. The guy has good instincts. He is more aggressive than most (except Martin who will be gone too) and most importantly, HE'S THE ONLY GUY WHO ACTUALLY MAKES TACKLES!!!

If he puts on 15 to 20 pounds of muscle in the offseason, does it seem realistic?

Your thoughts?

SUPER D baby! I agree that with the conference we play, none really strike me at the whole "ground and pound". We have some very good (and young) athletes back their in the secondary that could contribute in that role. SJB, Cooper and Jackson (then of course we have no safeties returning, but I like the idea. IIRC, Bo likes big physical corners ie Mo Seisay. HOw about getting"smaller" but quicker LB's on the edge.

For those unfamiliar with Super D, click the link. A freak for sure in 2003.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=864

In 2003, Bo showed great genius with this move. A converted safety to WILL to beast. I am hoping to see this type of creativity from here on oout this season.

• Fire 1

Your thoughts?

SUPER D baby! I agree that with the conference we play, none really strike me at the whole "ground and pound". We have some very good (and young) athletes back their in the secondary that could contribute in that role. SJB, Cooper and Jackson (then of course we have no safeties returning, but I like the idea. IIRC, Bo likes big physical corners ie Mo Seisay. HOw about getting"smaller" but quicker LB's on the edge.

For those unfamiliar with Super D, click the link. A freak for sure in 2003.

http://www.huskers.c...=100&ATCLID=864

In 2003, Bo showed great genius with this move. A converted safety to WILL to beast. I am hoping to see this type of creativity from here on oout this season.

One can only hope.

If we were to convert someone to LB, it would make more sense to me to convert Harvey Jackson or Stanley Jean-Baptiste. Big dudes, hard hitters. Ciante's been great, but I think he's too small to go up against Montee Ball or Mark Weisman in between the tackles.

edit: Corey Cooper already made the switch, didn't he? Or maybe I'm just imagining things...

Ok, define tiny please. People said Levonte David was tiny and then he ended up leading the team in tackles in back to back seasons. He was all over the field and was a reliable backer. If he showed anything, it's that it doesn't matter how big you are if you have a chip on your shoulder. He's a major undersized backer and he's having a heck of a year already with the bucs. I am not seeing the connection at all. We need speed, and we need guys who make tackles. We don't need bulky guys who can't get hash to hash, we need guys who with good instincts filling a gap and causing disruption in the backfield.

Ok, define tiny please. People said Levonte David was tiny and then he ended up leading the team in tackles in back to back seasons.

Ciante Evans

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 185

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?spid=22&spsid=4&db_oem_id=100

He's pretty small, even for Nickel. No way would he cut it as a LB. FYI Lavonte was small for a LB and was 215-220 while he was playing here.

Not a LB, but another "smaller" guy that did well. Granted at CB, not a LB and was really noted for pass D and ST play.

Mister Baron Miles

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=995440

IIRC, they have moved Cooper. Agree that it would be hard to bulk up Evans to 215 range (I would think). Super D was a converted safety (bigger) and able to get to 215+. Great combo of size and speed. Through out SJB as well. IMO, we have guys like this on the roster (not just Safety to LB), but guys whose speed and athleticism shouldn't be confined to a certain "position". I am really hoping to see some personnel changes come NW. It will prove to me that the process Bo is concerned with is getting wins and improving.

I was wondering the other day if SJB could make a move to free Safety? Thoughts!

Dude brings the wood and good in coverage. If I am reading our roster correctly it appears we have several CB's, but are/will be lacking in safeties next year.

Do not want to see this change, but ENUNWA would be a beast as a DB. Dude is a freak. Seems to play very angry for a WR. I like it. Need more of this attitude across the board.

No. Stupid idea. Ciante is tiny and has been playing well at Nickel and CB. I don't get why this idea would ever come across this board, or even someone's mind.

Move on....

I don't know, maybe because it's a message board. You know, the place where people go to throw ideas out there for discussion. Glad I could clear that up for ya..... :ahhhhhhhh

No. Stupid idea. Ciante is tiny and has been playing well at Nickel and CB. I don't get why this idea would ever come across this board, or even someone's mind.

Move on....

I don't know, maybe because it's a message board. You know, the place where people go to throw ideas out there for discussion. Glad I could clear that up for ya..... :ahhhhhhhh

Ideas are fine. Sh#t like this is not. Ciante Evans move to LB?! You damn near have to be born yesterday to have that opinion, or even to throw that idea out there. But whatever. Sorry if I refuse to entertain this "idea" because it's freakin' dumb.