Another good break down from Hail Varsity

Here is a good link to the breakdown (no pun intended!) of the NU vs OSU game. Seems to point to a combination of things, scheme, blown assignment and mental mistakes. Also says that down the home stretch we might want to really rely on the running game. Good stuff IMO. Can't really say I disagree with any of it.

http://hailvarsity.c...ape-ohio-state/

Yes, a very good breakdown. I like it because a high school coach of 20+ years I can relate to what he is saying. He takes the emotion out of the equation and shows what BP means by better execution. Everyone thinks BP says that and it is just words, but it really does come down to that in some ways.

Here is a good link to the breakdown (no pun intended!) of the NU vs OSU game. Seems to point to a combination of things, scheme, blown assignment and mental mistakes. Also says that down the home stretch we might want to really rely on the running game. Good stuff IMO. Can't really say I disagree with any of it.

Yes, a very good breakdown. I like it because a high school coach of 20+ years I can relate to what he is saying. He takes the emotion out of the equation and shows what BP means by better execution. Everyone thinks BP says that and it is just words, but it really does come down to that in some ways.

Bo could say he's gonna give everyone in this state 5000$ each, and people would still complain because it wasnt 10,000.

Bo could say he's gonna give everyone in this state 5000$ each, and people would still complain because it wasnt 10,000.

That is usually the case with most coaches. We have already seen we have some husker fans with have a severe dislike for TO.

No disrespect but your point is agenda driven.. just like what you are accusing others of.

That is usually the case with most coaches. We have already seen we have some husker fans with have a severe dislike for TO.

No disrespect but your point is agenda driven.. just like what you are accusing others of.

I said I understand what he means, but he needs to express what he is saying better than, we didn't execute or we need to execute better. If BP would just give a couple of general looks at what he means about not executing people would have a better understanding.

Hail Varsity's breakdown just shows that even 1 thing out of place can cause a break down and a big play. The reason why you see BP riding Ankra after Millers TD run before half is illistrated in this break down. He was out of position. Whether he makes the play or not is debatable, becuase of the numbers aspect of it. But by being out of position he made the block on himself a whole lot easier. I am not picking on Ankra, I am just using it as an example. There are players out of position on every play on each side of the ball. That is what football is about. Getting your opponent out of position and having superior numbers at the point of attack. These are the things that BP wants to control and minimize. They didn't enough against OSU and when you combine that with a phenomanal athlete like Braxton Miller it is trouble.

I said I understand what he means, but he needs to express what he is saying better than, we didn't execute or we need to execute better. If BP would just give a couple of general looks at what he means about not executing people would have a better understanding.

Hail Varsity's breakdown just shows that even 1 thing out of place can cause a break down and a big play. The reason why you see BP riding Ankra after Millers TD run before half is illistrated in this break down. He was out of position. Whether he makes the play or not is debatable, becuase of the numbers aspect of it. But by being out of position he made the block on himself a whole lot easier. I am not picking on Ankra, I am just using it as an example. There are players out of position on every play on each side of the ball. That is what football is about. Getting your opponent out of position and having superior numbers at the point of attack. These are the things that BP wants to control and minimize. They didn't enough against OSU and when you combine that with a phenomanal athlete like Braxton Miller it is trouble.

My post was not a response to your post.. it was a response to accountability..

I honestly wouldnt expect him to go into details of x's and o's about this stuff. I wouldnt expect any coach to do such a thing. This "coachspeak" we refer to is pretty standard.

I guess I dont understand this "agenda" that I have. No disrespect taken. I was making a simple point that some wouldnt be happy not matter what Bo does or says due to preconceived opinions. I was a little flustered at the time because we read through thread after thread after a loss about Bo saying this and that the same over and over. I guess I'm still not understanding what he's supposed to say. I really don't. My statement was pretty much in agreement with Lo Country, in that what he says is the truth we didnt execute, so we didnt win. If we did execute, we wouldve probably won. But no matter what, that's not good enough for some folks.

I honestly wouldnt expect him to go into details of x's and o's about this stuff. I wouldnt expect any coach to do such a thing. This "coachspeak" we refer to is pretty standard.

I guess I dont understand this "agenda" that I have. No disrespect taken. I was making a simple point that some wouldnt be happy not matter what Bo does or says due to preconceived opinions. I was a little flustered at the time because we read through thread after thread after a loss about Bo saying this and that the same over and over. I guess I'm still not understanding what he's supposed to say. I really don't. My statement was pretty much in agreement with Lo Country, in that what he says is the truth we didnt execute, so we didnt win. If we did execute, we wouldve probably won. But no matter what, that's not good enough for some folks.

The agenda is labeling people that can plainly see troubles as some how less of a fan or a complainer that is less than you (general you).

The people that have been complaining about Bo from the start really have a reason to. His teams have been very up and down, undisciplined.. very un-TO like. Which is very much what we have been accustom to, and should expect. His attitude is childish most times.

My point is, people have reason to complain about Bo. I fully understand why, and some I agree with. I don't agree with him being let go.

Awesome breakdown, and I think this note on the first pick is especially on point:

Should Martinez be asked to make this throw? That’s an emphatic “no.” Should he be able to recognize it’s well covered, pull it down, and live to fight another day? That’s an emphatic “yes.”

Those outs are not trivial throws. Ohio State either made us go in that direction or we chose to, but a throw like this isn't really in Taylor's arsenal, and it is asking for a disaster like the one we saw.

• Fire 1

Awesome breakdown, and I think this note on the first pick is especially on point:

Should Martinez be asked to make this throw? That’s an emphatic “no.” Should he be able to recognize it’s well covered, pull it down, and live to fight another day? That’s an emphatic “yes.”

Those outs are not trivial throws. Ohio State either made us go in that direction or we chose to, but a throw like this isn't really in Taylor's arsenal, and it is asking for a disaster like the one we saw.

I agree. No pun intended here, but I think we really need to start tailoring our passing game for Martinez more around play-action boot legs and just straight roll-outs giving him a run/pass option. For one thing I think he will play with more confidence knowing that if it's not open he can just tuck it and run. Secondly, if your pass protection is adequate, boot leg passes put a lot of stress on a defense.

I'll have to do some more research, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that many of the routes that Osborne had our receivers run back in the 90's were off of play-action boot leg passes, and that many of those routes were flood routes. Don't quote me on this though. I will go do some more digging to see what I can find on this topic.

And thanks for the link to the breakdown lo country! It was a solid read. +1!

• Fire 1

The agenda is labeling people that can plainly see troubles as some how less of a fan or a complainer that is less than you (general you).

The people that have been complaining about Bo from the start really have a reason to. His teams have been very up and down, undisciplined.. very un-TO like. Which is very much what we have been accustom to, and should expect. His attitude is childish most times.

My point is, people have reason to complain about Bo. I fully understand why, and some I agree with. I don't agree with him being let go.

My comments were specifically in regards to Bo's responses to questions. The complaints of the execution and so on. This is what I replied to when I say that some wouldnt be happy no matter what he said. That is as close to a fact as it gets.

As far as those complaining about Bo from the start pretty much sums up my point. At the start, no one had enough reasoning to sway either way on their feeling for him, which just supports my statement on pre-conceived opinions. Sure the way things are going now, them folks look good for saying his attitude and demeanor are a bad thing and "i knew from the get go". But let hypothetically say that he gets this thing straightened out, and we do win out, win the Big 10, win the Rose Bowl, finish the season in the top 10, and start next season in the top 10, and Bo doesnt change his attitude or demeanor one bit. Will those people come out and swith their thinking or admit that those intangibles are not the problem? No. Their pre-conceived opionions will make them disappear alltogether until the next loss and/or sign of trouble when they can re-appear with THEIR agenda.

Note: I'm am in no way looping you in with these folks, just in case my statement comes off that way. Just defending my point, and still trying to figure where this agenda was, because I'm not certainly not the only one with such a thing even if I did know.

Some are not happy no matter what, hence my sig. I got that statement off some other message board and thought it was rather true. Not for all, not for most, but for some of our fans.