This quote is why NU could very well be 4-4 on Oct. 28th

Foppa

Michigan State - We lose. We do well stopping their offense but their defense is more than we can handle on offense. They want revenge from last year.

Penn State - We win. We play them at home. They run a pro offense with an immobile QB... our Defense will look pretty good and we win.

I only see two issues with these two. MSU just got beat by Iowa, a one dimensional team, with a stud RB with the name of Mark Weisman. Vandenburg exploited their secondary, and I am sure we will take advantage of it. We have more talent on the offensive side than Iowa does. We will have no problem stopping their, at best, mediocre offense, and we will put up more points on them than anyone else has all year.

Penn State, they will be more of an issue than most think. Matt McGloin may not be your "traditional" dual threat quarterback, but don't let him fool you, he will run, and he runs very well. He is the smartest player in the Big 10 right now on decision making and knowing where and what to do with the ball. He by far, doesn't get the credit he deserves. PSU is a prime example that you don't need big player names (IE: Silas Redd) to compete, as long as you have an offense that works together, and a smart QB, you can win games.

Not every team/QB is going to be as talented as OSU or Braxton Miller.

Pretty sure we won't be 4-4.

Ohio State was flat out better than us. More talented. Better coached. Executed better. Focused.

We played poorly, didn't handle Braxton very well (after his long run), and lost. Time to move on. Ohio State is by the far the most talented team we will play, and honestly, they are one of the more talented teams in the nation.

Michigan is also flat out more talented than us, sorry to say.

Please explain... Dennard is 80% of their offense. You stop him, you stop their whole offense. ND and Bama showed that, and MSU will show that this weekend.

I feel like if we can just survive this season -- everything will be just so much better like it is at Notre Dame right now where the Irish are 6-0.

Surely T-Magic can secure this year's team's season and get out of it with our reputation unscathed. I'm counting on him. I think everything is there for Nebraska to have a breakout year in 2013.

And coach Bo Pelini and coach Tim Beck maybe could work out some kind of role for Tommy Armstrong to where he could be given a drive all his own during next season's games somewhere early in the 2nd quarter similar to the way coach Mark Richt worked in D.J. Shockley during Georgia's 2002 season. That method helped for a very smooth transition as Shockley won Georgia an SEC championship season when he took over as the team's starter.

I've noticed that coach Brian Kelly is doing something similar with Everett Golson at Notre Dame though it's more extreme in that coach Kelly has made Golson (RFr.) the starter over redshirt junior Tommy Rees though Rees sees valuable playing time in key moments of Notre Dame's games.

"T-Magic" Taylor Martinez is established where Tommy Rees couldn't get it done during his early years at Notre Dame. He'll get Heisman Trophy consideration next year. I just hope that coach Beck will work Armstrong in similar to the way coach Kelly has used Golson this season -- though not quite as much since T-Magic is a special talent himself.

I'm just thinking that with Armstrong's explosiveness (4.43 40), it would benifit NU to work that athlete in next season along with the explosive Martinez (similar 4.42 40). Our Nebraska (my official 2nd team behind my Alma Mater - UGA; that makes me a true Georgian for Nebraska as I've been so since 1981!) will be ready to explode in 2013 -- and I wouldn't want to miss that for anything in the world.

They can still make this a good season in spite of what Braxton Miller and Ohio St. were able to accomplish the other day ago. We almost have an offense just as good, and I am pretty sure that it will be next year -- if not much better! Again, I am excited about this team's future.

Hopefully, Martinez can manage the game against Northwestern. He's got to do that. He had things rolling a year ago before the Wisconsin game where he managed games -- and Nebraska had good success. Then he witnessed Russell Wilson's play and put too much pressure on himself. I've seen him do that some this year too.

I think it's playing the turnover game that can bring Martinez the success he needs. D.J. Shockley aced this part of his game his senior year by only throwing 5 interceptions in 310 passes (1.6%) -- and that is what I need to see from T-Magic. He managed the game against Northwestern last season but Northwestern played flawlessly on offense winning 28-25.

I think if T-Magic does that again (zero turnovers), NU wins this time. Go Huskers in tomorrow's game against the Wildcats!