*****Official Northwestern Game Discussion Thread*****

Haspula

Martinez bails us out. Pelini still needs to go, I'm sick of him making us look bad on TV. And he has clearly lost control of this team as evidenced by the Antonio Bell incident and the players-only meeting a couple of weeks ago.

+1

He does look like a fool yelling at everyone instead of coaching

Good leaders praise in public and criticize in private.

What?? Not in the coaching industry. If you waited till you were in private to criticize a players "play" then how would you make in game adjustments....

Oh, I dunno.. make adjustments to play calling and scheme? Calmly explain players mistakes instead of getting in their face and yelling?

Martinez bails us out. Pelini still needs to go, I'm sick of him making us look bad on TV. And he has clearly lost control of this team as evidenced by the Antonio Bell incident and the players-only meeting a couple of weeks ago.

+1

He does look like a fool yelling at everyone instead of coaching

Good leaders praise in public and criticize in private.

What?? Not in the coaching industry. If you waited till you were in private to criticize a players "play" then how would you make in game adjustments....

The same way TO did.

Pelini got caught twice on the sideline in VERY bad situations. First was after the sideline infraction, he PHYSICALLY pulled coaches off the sideline. Second was the argument with Antonio Bell... it is pretty damn telling when you've got players yelling at you on the sidelines. Not to mention the numerous times he was caught chewing out players. This teams issues with consistency?? Pretty hard to be consistent and not make mistakes when you get humiliated by your head coach after making one. Players leaving in the off season, and DURING the season? Players-only meetings?

There is definitely a rift between Bo and the players. Kinda mind-blowing when his biggest credential coming in was how "his players run through brick walls for him".

You don't think this stuff happens all over the country. Remember when Saban was spanking his QB on the sidelines a few years ago? Nobody cares because he wins titles....

A classless coach in the SEC? We have better standards than that here, I'd hope.

Pelini got caught twice on the sideline in VERY bad situations. First was after the sideline infraction, he PHYSICALLY pulled coaches off the sideline. Second was the argument with Antonio Bell... it is pretty damn telling when you've got players yelling at you on the sidelines. Not to mention the numerous times he was caught chewing out players. This teams issues with consistency?? Pretty hard to be consistent and not make mistakes when you get humiliated by your head coach after making one. Players leaving in the off season, and DURING the season? Players-only meetings?

There is definitely a rift between Bo and the players. Kinda mind-blowing when his biggest credential coming in was how "his players run through brick walls for him".

You don't think this stuff happens all over the country. Remember when Saban was spanking his QB on the sidelines a few years ago? Nobody cares because he wins titles....

A classless coach in the SEC? We have better standards than that here, I'd hope.

Are you that naive? Haha

What a game. Huge props to Taylor Martinez, as well as to Enunwa. Ameer and Bell both played great too, other than their muffed punts.

The defense also showed significant improvement, but I was not particularly happy with their performance on NW's last TD drive. They got out-efforted.

I agree ... other than Ameer.

Martinez really stepped up today. I'd go as far to say that he won this game IN SPITE of the coaches.

You're right.... None of the good ones lose their tempers on the sidelines.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRjDVsw-eQU&feature=related

With Saben it is once and a while. With Bo it is several times every game. The intensity of the anger is also amazing. It is like the person he is yelling at just punched his grandmother.

Sab"a"n looses his cool more then you think.... Just watch an Alabama game. And if he does lose his cool more then Bo, it is because he has less to lose his cool over.

What a game. Huge props to Taylor Martinez, as well as to Enunwa. Ameer and Bell both played great too, other than their muffed punts.

The defense also showed significant improvement, but I was not particularly happy with their performance on NW's last TD drive. They got out-efforted.

I agree ... other than Ameer.

Martinez really stepped up today. I'd go as far to say that he won this game IN SPITE of the coaches.

Ameer went for 101 yards on 19 carries for over 5 ypc, and there were several runs that took pretty spectacular effort from him to get positive yardage... I was extremely happy about the way he played, other than the muffed punt.

You're right.... None of the good ones lose their tempers on the sidelines.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRjDVsw-eQU&feature=related

With Saben it is once and a while. With Bo it is several times every game. The intensity of the anger is also amazing. It is like the person he is yelling at just punched his grandmother.

Sab"a"n looses his cool more then you think.... Just watch an Alabama game. And if he does lose his cool more then Bo, it is because he has less to lose his cool over.

That isn't remotely the same as Bo. Saban didn't completely lose it, he didn't point his finger at or spit on anyone. He was just yelling passionately....

His throwing has been quite poorus today to be frank

can we put in someone else in at qb....i mean isnt that other teams do if their starter cant do his job

Really? What does Martinez need to do? He's had 1 bad throw, but outside of that he's doing everything he can to win this game. The O-Line definitely hasn't been helping him out. Mistakes on Special Teams hasn't helped him at all. What else does he need to do?

Beautiful throw by him for the TD to.

If we had a pro style QB we would be up in this game.. Our wideouts are that good

Yeah, if we only had a QB who completed 69% of his passes and threw for 340+ yards and 3 TDs without an INT ... oh, wait.

OK. But imagine what we could do with a guy who was top 15 in the country in QB rating ... oh, wait.

OK. But imagine if we had one of the 14 guys in NCAA D-1 history with 5000+ passing yards and 2000+ rushing yards ... oh ....

• Fire 3