This defense can't make plays

As far as I'm concerned, our beloved team showed once again that no matter how bad they might play, they still have the resiliency and fight to win the game.

We as fans need to get behind our guys and pack our house next weekend and yell Michigan right out of the stadium. Hopefully with that energy and less negativity around the team, they can put together a good performance and win a must-win game if we want to win the division and get to the CCG.

As far as I'm concerned, our beloved team showed once again that no matter how bad they might play, they still have the resiliency and fight to win the game.

We as fans need to get behind our guys and pack our house next weekend and yell Michigan right out of the stadium. Hopefully with that energy and less negativity around the team, they can put together a good performance and win a must-win game if we want to win the division and get to the CCG.

This, and can we get some of them black rags (yes, just rags, get em at the goodwill for christ's sake, we dont need fancy towels with print sold at stands for 15 bucks) for every seat there. I watch the wisconsin game over and over because them towels and the elevated crowd noise gives me chills.

Seriously, can you guys not see that radioactive is right? If you can't see past the fact that Nebraska forced 11 three and outs on 18 of their real drives and the only points Northwestern scored off of the 3 turnovers came while they were only 14 yards from the end zone well then you should all know that the jerk store called and they running out of you all.....

Seriously? I thought he was banned. :D

There were times.though when I saw nebs dbs blanket the wrs..sjb was hot and cold. Had some food coverage at times, but got smoked on that Td pass. Needed to be more physical on that play.

SJB was getting tired. I think they kept rotating receivers on him but he didn't rotate out and NW kept throwing it his way. I believe he was playing closer to the NW sideline so NW coaches saw it but Nebraska coaches didn't. I thought it was strange that NW kept going after him since he had good coverage until the TD.

This defense just can't make plays when they need to. Despite the fact that they looked good for parts of the game, they still gave up 28 points. Granted 7 of them were off a turnover, but even discounting that, they're still giving up way too many points, . Even worse, while the Huskers did win the game, they did so by a foot. When they needed to lock down on the final drive, they let them drive into field goal range after giving up 28 points already. They had at least 3 opportunities for clear picks on the final NW drive and could never come up with the ball. They make one of those plays and the game is over. It makes no sense that if that kick is one more foot to the left, the defense has problems and gave up the game losing drive, but because it sailed a foot to the right, the defense played great. The kick doesn't negate the failure of the defense.

I saw more tipped balls at the line and by our corners and safeties (linebackers to) than any game I've seen all year. They covered well, and contained properly, for going up against one of those dreaded mobile QBs. Take away that 80 yard TD run and NW has 221 yards and 100 rushing yards. They had 121 yards passing. Take away the fumbles and they have 111 yards passing and 211 yards total and 14 points. There were not a whole lot of broken tackles. I don't know what more you could ask for. The defense played well.

Offensively, it was frustrating at times. Some of the playcalling and offensive line play was annoying. But regardless, we put up 543 yards (342 passing, 201 running) on 26 first downs and scored 29. Without the turnovers it could've been more.

Now doing this for one game is great. If we can do this against Michigan, I'll be pleased. But at least improving off of a win will be much easier than improving off a loss.

This sums up why this whole thread is ridiculous. Aside from the 80 yard run, their biggest plays were 2 punts. We shut down their punt game by catching the ball :lol: I've never heard fair catches get such huge cheers but it was a lot of fun. How do you turn a punt into a curve ball? I swear it curved 15 yards in the air and looked difficult to catch.