This defense can't make plays

This defense just can't make plays when they need to. Despite the fact that they looked good for parts of the game, they still gave up 28 points. Granted 7 of them were off a turnover, but even discounting that, they're still giving up way too many points, . Even worse, while the Huskers did win the game, they did so by a foot. When they needed to lock down on the final drive, they let them drive into field goal range after giving up 28 points already. They had at least 3 opportunities for clear picks on the final NW drive and could never come up with the ball. They make one of those plays and the game is over. It makes no sense that if that kick is one more foot to the left, the defense has problems and gave up the game losing drive, but because it sailed a foot to the right, the defense played great. The kick doesn't negate the failure of the defense.

• Fire 1

Thanks for stopping by. Have a nice night. Will agree to an extent. The D kept us in the game, THE WHOLE GAME, while the offense decided to play peekaboo for 3 1/2 quarters. But yes, at the end, we dropped 3 picks, right in our hands, in a 6 NW off play stretch. Baptiste's was absolutely ridiculous. Now I know why they switched him to defense, he's been doing that every day in practice. :D

This defense just can't make plays when they need to. Despite the fact that they looked good for parts of the game, they still gave up 28 points. Granted 7 of them were off a turnover, but even discounting that, they're still giving up way too many points, . Even worse, while the Huskers did win the game, they did so by a foot. When they needed to lock down on the final drive, they let them drive into field goal range after giving up 28 points already. They had at least 3 opportunities for clear picks on the final NW drive and could never come up with the ball. They make one of those plays and the game is over. It makes no sense that if that kick is one more foot to the left, the defense has problems and gave up the game losing drive, but because it sailed a foot to the right, the defense played great. The kick doesn't negate the failure of the defense.

Mad props for reaching three posts in three years, that's a hell of a pace.

In only the posts you have not only hit full derp mode, but full retard. I look forward to your induction into the DBHOF

Not a hater. A life-long fan. But watching gift wrapped game ending picks be dropped over and over beyond frustrating. And I see the main point of the post seems to be lost. Just because the Huskers won doesn't change how the defense played. Did they play better than they did against OSU? Yes. But they still gave up 28 points including a complete breakdown on that trap play and almost gave the game away in the last 2 minutes of the game. The field goal being good or not doesn't change any of the previous plays. Yet in the minds of many here, it does.

• Fire 1

Not a hater. A life-long fan. But watching gift wrapped game ending picks be dropped over and over beyond frustrating. And I see the main point of the post seems to be lost. Just because the Huskers won doesn't change how the defense played. Did they play better than they did against OSU? Yes. But they still gave up 28 points including a complete breakdown on that trap play and almost gave the game away in the last 2 minutes of the game. The field goal being good or not doesn't change any of the previous plays. Yet in the minds of many here, it does.

easy as hell to point a finger, but Cpt Armchair, how do you fix it?

easy as hell to point a finger, but Cpt Armchair, how do you fix it?

With this roster on defense? I have no idea. I just don't think these guys are athletic enough which is sad to say when those 3 picks on that last drive were gift-wrapped, yet all 3 were dropped. Only the last potential pick required any significant athleticism to pull off. And when you don't have the athletes you need, you need coaching that can make up for it. We don't have that. These guys had 2 weeks to prepare and still gave up 28 points. They were spared giving up over 30 yet again by a foot...with 2 weeks of preparation. Lack of athletes and poor coaching make for an ugly defense.

• Fire 1