This defense can't make plays

Radioactive tool, did you even watch the game?????

Take away Marc's run, and the defense gave up jack. They played very week actually. On to of that take away the gift fumbles and it gets even worse for northwestern.

Seriously there needed to be a diaper period for newer poster

"They played very week actually". "On to of that". It must be my newness that makes it impossible to understand most of your post. I'm not denying that the defense played better today than they did against OSU or UCLA. But they had 2 weeks to prepare and came a foot away from once again having 30 hung on them. How can anybody watching the game say that coming a foot away from giving up 30 is a defense that "gave up jack". 30 is jack?

• Fire 1

Take away Marc's run, and the defense gave up jack. They played very week actually. On to of that take away the gift fumbles and it gets even worse for northwestern.

Newer poster? He's been here 4 years. wait. oh. damn. derp?

Not a hater. A life-long fan. But watching gift wrapped game ending picks be dropped over and over beyond frustrating. And I see the main point of the post seems to be lost. Just because the Huskers won doesn't change how the defense played. Did they play better than they did against OSU? Yes. But they still gave up 28 points including a complete breakdown on that trap play and almost gave the game away in the last 2 minutes of the game. The field goal being good or not doesn't change any of the previous plays. Yet in the minds of many here, it does.

easy as hell to point a finger, but Cpt Armchair, how do you fix it?

With this roster on defense? I have no idea. I just don't think these guys are athletic enough which is sad to say when those 3 picks on that last drive were gift-wrapped, yet all 3 were dropped. Only the last potential pick required any significant athleticism to pull off. And when you don't have the athletes you need, you need coaching that can make up for it. We don't have that. These guys had 2 weeks to prepare and still gave up 28 points. They were spared giving up over 30 yet again by a foot...with 2 weeks of preparation. Lack of athletes and poor coaching make for an ugly defense.

It's easy to point out whats wrong, but takes more to come up with a way to fix it. Otherwise you're just one of the torch carrying mob roaming through the village...

Whether you agree with his point of view or not, the personal attacks will stop and there are a few of them in this thread. I don't care if you've been posting for a week or 5 years.......it is NOT okay and rules are rules. This is a public warning as this has been going on for several weeks now and it needs to stop. Attack the post not the poster and use the report feature to report personal attacks.

• Fire 2

Paul has been drinking, that's all. It's all gooood.

Really, can't some of you just be happy with the win. The team overcame a lot of their own mistakes to win today. I was very impressed that they didn't roll over and lose. They were down' 11 with 8 minutes left and won. The defense did what they needed to do. The offense scored and the defense got a 3 and out.

Half of everyone said they would lose this game on this board and they won, but now it wasn't the way they wanted them to win.

NW is a pretty good team. Most likely end up 8-4 maybe 9-3 with a little luck.

That was truely the best game I have ever seen TM play. He showed grit and lead his team to a comeback win. He played great down the stretch.

Just injoy the win. Jees................

Whether you agree with his point of view or not, the personal attacks will stop and there are a few of them in this thread. I don't care if you've been posting for a week or 5 years.......it is NOT okay and rules are rules. This is a public warning as this has been going on for several weeks now and it needs to stop. Attack the post not the poster and use the report feature to report personal attacks.

That being said, what do you expect when you just have individuals come on, even after a win, and post such garbage. I know you guys do your best to keep the board friendly and a good place for discussion, but when you've got folks coming on here with no other intention than to stir the pot, you have to expect a reaction.

That being said, what do you expect when you just have individuals come on, even after a win, and post such garbage. I know you guys do your best to keep the board friendly and a good place for discussion, but when you've got folks coming on here with no other intention than to stir the pot, you have to expect a reaction.

The problem is clearly that you think pointing out the flaws in the team today DESPITE THE WIN is having "no other intention than to stir the pot". I've been signed up for years here and mainly just lurked on and off, but rarely have I been more frustated than watching this game and thought I could come here and discuss the problems with this team. Coming a foot away from giving up 30 to a middle of the pack team after having 2 weeks to prepare is scary. Good things today, TM played his guts out and the WRs were getting good separation all day. That's a step in the right direction. But you can't keep relying on the offense to have to put up 35 or 40 week and week out just to stay in the game.

• Fire 1

The problem is clearly that you think pointing out the flaws in the team today DESPITE THE WIN is having "no other intention than to stir the pot". I've been signed up for years here and mainly just lurked on and off, but rarely have I been more frustated than watching this game and thought I could come here and discuss the problems with this team. Coming a foot away from giving up 30 to a middle of the pack team after having 2 weeks to prepare is scary. Good things today, TM played his guts out and the WRs were getting good separation all day. That's a step in the right direction. But you can't keep relying on the offense to have to put up 35 or 40 week and week out just to stay in the game.

but thats all you're doing is pointing fingers... little kids in elementary school do that... Men try to figure out how to fix them, but obviously you'd know VERY little about that

Paul has been drinking, that's all. It's all gooood.

Damnit, I credit this victory solely to the fact that I switched from beer to bourbon at half. Coaches and players be damned if they are to think they had any part of this comeback

We expect the rules to be followed. If someone thinks a post is trolling, report it. Place the poster on your ignore list. Take 'em to the 'Shed.

Everyone's feelings are running high, so lets everyone take a deep breath.

• Fire 4

We expect the rules to be followed. If someone thinks a post is trolling, report it. Place the poster on your ignore list. Take 'em to the 'Shed.

Everyone's feelings are running high, so lets everyone take a deep breath.

Yeah, but this has been a rampant issue for a couple weeks. It should be pretty obvious who your offenders are. I want to come here to talk football, not to refute ridiculous points...

He's trying to have a discussion......he isn't fitting the mold of a troll and isn't stirring the pot. He has valid points and genuine concerns and trust me.....if he was a troll he'd be gone. If you can't handle the topic don't post in it.

• Fire 1

He's trying to have a discussion......he isn't fitting the mold of a troll and isn't stirring the pot. He has valid points and genuine concerns and trust me.....if he was a troll he'd be gone. If you can't handle the topic don't post in it.

It's not much of a discussion, it's just "fire bo, fire bo" over, and over. I'm trying to ask what should be done to change it...