An OMG Flashback....enjoy...

yeah, that was definitely a differnt time than now.......sigh....

there are only a few dates i rememeber where i was...i.e. 9-11, etc...and i remember where i was on my 30th birthday...standing in a bar watching that loss in tempe!

Definitely different times. I watched part of the Fiesta bowl (the thrashing of Wuerffel, Spurrier and the Gators) and a few other games tonight while cleaning my AR-15...those fellas weren't just good, they were overwhelmingly dominant. My goodness!

edit: Forgot to add...where will you be tomorrow...hope it is one of those "where I was when...." moments..in a good way.

there are only a few dates i rememeber where i was...i.e. 9-11, etc...and i remember where i was on my 30th birthday...standing in a bar watching that loss in tempe!

Definitely different times. I watched part of the Fiesta bowl (the thrashing of Wuerffel, Spurrier and the Gators) and a few other games tonight while cleaning my AR-15...those fellas weren't just good, they were overwhelmingly dominant. My goodness!

edit: Forgot to add...where will you be tomorrow...hope it is one of those "where I was when...." moments..in a good way.

eyeswear2allthatsholy

Huskers should have fired whoever the coach was. NU defence gave up some pretty big plays. Not to mention the poor throwing mechanics of the QBs. And those darned turnovers. :sarcasm

Man...watching makes me miss the offence huddle. Watching them break the huddle and line up together as a unit knowing what they will do and how they will do it would be so intimidating.

Also makes me miss how hard our defencive players hit. Not just one player but multiple blackshirts just drilling the ball carrier. They made anyone who touched the ball pay a price for it much like how a kid pays for disturbing a hornets nest. Even the solid hits on recievers trying to catch the ball or the ball just passed them would make anyone think twice to even wanna catch the darn thing let alone come near it. Those blackshirts knew how to stay at home, protect their territory, and attack like a rabid rottweiler protecting it's turf.

Thanks for posting the video! Just got home from a crappy nights work and this just made my day.

eyeswear2allthatsholy

I was bored...I went to the shooting range after work, so I got out my cleaning kit and sat at the table cleaning my rifle and watching old Husker highlights...much better than watching any of the live games that were on last night. Gotta be ready for the Zombie Apolcalypse and all don't you know? :ahhhhhhhh

• Fire 1

Thanks grandpa! That was the first game I ever went to, never will forget the first play from scrimmage.

What a great first game! Sadly my first live Husker game was after I got out of the Army. Enrolled in UN-L, Fall of 1977. First game of the year...Washington State. Gads...I still feel that numb, dumbfounded, dazed and confused feeling just thinking about it. (I have to admit..the dazed and confused part may or may not have had to do with the game itself :smokin ) But the next week Alabama came to town and all was well. I remember a guy from 11th floor Abel putting his Brand X speakers in the window and blasting "Sweet Home Alabama" on a slower than normal rpm (think vinyl turntable kids)...an awesome day for sure.

That was my freshman year.... I picked a good one to have student tickets.

Everyone was panicking cause the Phillips thing had just happened and Ahman Green hadn't emerged quite yet.... Childs scores on the first play and all around me, people were saying "you know, I think we're gonna be okay."