Big 2, Little 10?

the top teams play freshmen period. They recruit players that can step on the field and play, not set a year or two to develop. We are not able to do that for the most part. Although I will give Bo credit he is starting to let them see the field. Bob Stoops states he does not recruit projects, only capable of playing as a freshmen. Of course some do not make it.

We have some good players, more skill players than the real men up front. That is what is hurting us I think. And we have a young inexperienced staff, not saying it is bad, just do not know their jobs well enough to get the team to the next level yet. Can they, I really have no idea. I think Bo can become a good coach, but he is no where near close now. No discipline, out of control, mistake riddled. Take Snyder. no pentalties, no mistakes, team plays as a unit, all seem to know where to line up, make tackles and superior blocks, great fundamentals.

That came from years of experience. Do we have years for Bo and staff to learn what is needed. I hope we do, but seriously doubt it.

Ohio state record is a joke. There non conference schedule is Miami(the Ohio not Florida) used to play Youngstown st, one more cream puff and one tough non conference game.

Starting 4-0 every year will do wonders for your 10yr record.

You're kidding right? Here are the best non conference foes from the past 10 years

Nebraska

#25 Penn State(2002)

Unranked Penn State(2003)

Unranked Pitt(2004)

Unranked Pitt(2005)

#4 USC(2006)

#1USC(2007)

Unranked VaTech(2008)

#13 VaTech(2009)

Unranked UDub(2010)

Unranked UDub(2011)

#22 UCLA(2012)

OSU

#10 Wazzou(2002)

#17 UDub(2003)

Unranked NCST(2004)

#2 Texas(2005)

#2 Texas(2006)

Unranked UDub(2007)

#1 USC(2008)

#3 USC(2009)

#12 Miami of Florida(2010)

Unranked Miami of Florida(2011)

Unranked Berkeley(2012)

What were the teams ranked when we and you initially scheduled them. So heh.

The media is looking at the obivious recruiting advantages the locations of Colombus and Ann Arbor have over Nebraska relating to population. It is the same argument against NU that has been made for the last 40 years. It is also the argument that this is the way the Big10 has been historically and so it will be again.

Michigan and OSU have these obivious advantages, but that will not keep NU, Wisconsin, MSU, PSU, and the rest of the league from competing with them. I wouldn't be offended by any media garbage.

your right.

If you look through history every team in the big 10 has had its reign on top. from OSU too Indiana. albeit Indiana was last relevant in 1940 my point stands.

Were you are wrong good sir is that this is not media we have been subjected too, its propaganda. they want too believe this so badly it hurts, they want too believe that there is some underlying actor that makes them successful and that coaches are irrelevant. that they will always have NC caliber talent.

They don't like too here how nebraska and many others have won multiple NC's with walk on's and other rif raft.

Ohio state record is a joke. There non conference schedule is Miami(the Ohio not Florida) used to play Youngstown st, one more cream puff and one tough non conference game.

You're kidding right? Here are the best non conference foes from the past 10 years

Nebraska

#25 Penn State(2002)

Unranked Pitt(2004)

Unranked Pitt(2005)

#4 USC(2006)

#1USC(2007)

Unranked VaTech(2008)

#13 VaTech(2009)

Unranked UDub(2010)

Unranked UDub(2011)

#22 UCLA(2012)

OSU

#10 Wazzou(2002)

#17 UDub(2003)

Unranked NCST(2004)

#2 Texas(2005)

#2 Texas(2006)

Unranked UDub(2007)

#1 USC(2008)

#3 USC(2009)

Unranked Berkeley(2012)

I only know about ours and USC and UCLA and Washington were unranked...either way OSU has played a tougher noncon with more big names.

Sounds like nebraska's schedule Lol...Wyoming, a lower division school, one more creampuff and one sometimes tough noncon opponent game. And your right it works wonders on winning 9-10 games a year. It also helps keep coaches their jobs, what if we had played a middle pack or higher SEC team instead of Ark St...S.miss or another lower division team this year? We would have lost thats what and would be 4-3 right now about ready to melt down with Bo on life support.

Nebraska

#25 Penn State(2002)

Unranked Pitt(2004)

Unranked Pitt(2005)

#4 USC(2006)

#1USC(2007)

Unranked VaTech(2008)

#13 VaTech(2009)

Unranked UDub(2010)

Unranked UDub(2011)

#22 UCLA(2012)

OSU

#10 Wazzou(2002)

#17 UDub(2003)

Unranked NCST(2004)

#2 Texas(2005)

#2 Texas(2006)

Unranked UDub(2007)

#1 USC(2008)

#3 USC(2009)

Unranked Berkeley(2012)

I only know about ours and USC and UCLA and Washington were unranked...either way OSU has played a tougher noncon with more big names.

I know. I was kiddin around. Hopefully he knew that too.

It is normal, some of the SEC schools, IE never schedule and out of conference game out of state, never!!!!

I do think we are going to have to schedule tougher games though to get there. Oklahoma seems to do it and so do a few others. We have tried to I think, but ours have turned out to not be so tough.

Personally I would rather see us play tougher games period, gets you ready for conference and eventually conference champions will have a direct in route I think. Way more fun to start off with Florida, have SC come to our house and out Rutgers one year and then vice versa.

That would be fun and it would affect our rankings and affect 9 game win streaks. But if you play the best and learn, you are moving forward.

Well I am off to play MW3, you guys keep it real tonight, hope we win tomorrow, Bo really needs it.