Irish at Sooners and the New Rivalries

An incredible victory won by playcalling and physical dominance in the trenches. Still undefeated in Norman.

We held them to 13 points, with our first rushing td thank you Brent Musberger, despite them lighting us up for 110 yards in their first 4 minutes of offense.

I couldn't watch your game but am looking forward to a great week of replays.

Catch a replay if you can. The first 5 minutes would tell you that Oklahoma was going to hang 48 on us.

I love how this team executes. I think the strategy itself should be improved, Golson should not be playing smash mouth with the opposing LBs this much and we still need a deep threat. But it's worlds better than we've put up with in the past decade.

Catch a replay if you can. The first 5 minutes would tell you that Oklahoma was going to hang 48 on us.

I love how this team executes. I think the strategy itself should be improved, Golson should not be playing smash mouth with the opposing LBs this much and we still need a deep threat. But it's worlds better than we've put up with in the past decade.

Joe...I've traditionally despised the Irish (no offense intended), but this season I'm actually enthralled. Honestly, I think it's because our programs have so much in common; such long periods of nothing to really celebrate.

I haven't paid extremely close attention to your team's turnaround. Does your fan base credit it all to Brian Kelly, or were there recruits brought in by the old regime that would have made it a good season even if Quadruple Chin was still at the helm?

Kudos to the Irish. Although you've had a couple close wins against teams that are really low tier (Purdue & Brigham Young), that's got to be a heck of a feeling to be 8 - 0.

Joe...I've traditionally despised the Irish (no offense intended), but this season I'm actually enthralled. Honestly, I think it's because our programs have so much in common; such long periods of nothing to really celebrate.

I haven't paid extremely close attention to your team's turnaround. Does your fan base credit it all to Brian Kelly, or were there recruits brought in by the old regime that would have made it a good season even if Quadruple Chin was still at the helm?

Kudos to the Irish. Although you've had a couple close wins against teams that are really low tier (Purdue & Brigham Young), that's got to be a heck of a feeling to be 8 - 0.

Don't worry I get it all the time. Two midwestern schools in small states without a huge pool of local talent. Yet somehow our commitment to excellence has resulted in each having a legacy and being overall two elite programs. That's why we have both a natural similarity which also means an understandable envy.

I haven't heard anyone say "He's only doing it with Weis's players" in the same way we heard "Weis only did it with Ty's players." It wouldn't be true anyway. BK emphasizes toughness and fundamentals while Weis focused on schemes and talents. As a result the 3*s that BK coached play better than the 4-5*s that CW didn't do anything with. The only players Weis really can take credit for is Manti T'eo and Cierre Wood. But we don't think they'd look like this without 3 years under Kelly.

Case in point, Saturday ended with the Irish running headlong into the teeth of an exhausted Sooner defense. By the 4th, the white jerseys were dragging Crimsons along for the ride, running down the clock and adding extra points. By contrast the old regime would still be have clausen in the shotgun throwing on 3rd and 10 hoping Floyd would always out jump the defense.