Taylor Martinez Injury Update?

In the 4th Martinez looked gimpy and then seemed to be ok. Was it the same ankle as in 2010? With Armstrong having surgery, Carnes moved to receiver, does that leave RKIII and then Marsh as #3?

I musta missed something...what/when was Armstrong's surgery?

As for Taylor, he limped in at half but seemed to be back to himself in the 2nd half.

Armstrong had surgery to fix something he injured in HS. He will be okay for spring ball

Good deal, thanks!

I seen Armsrong warming up before the game. He had a brace on his knee, but definitely going through warm ups.

I think you can really tell Taylor coming into his own as a team leader this year, really earning the respect of his guys. They're all behind him now and the rapport he's developing with his receivers is pretty awesome. This is the finest group of WRs we've had in a long while, but it wouldn't mean much if it wasn't also the best QB-WR connection(s) we've seen since 2008.

In the 4th Martinez looked gimpy and then seemed to be ok. Was it the same ankle as in 2010? With Armstrong having surgery, Carnes moved to receiver, does that leave RKIII and then Marsh as #3?

I musta missed something...what/when was Armstrong's surgery?

As for Taylor, he limped in at half but seemed to be back to himself in the 2nd half.

Armstrong had surgery to fix something he injured in HS. He will be okay for spring ball

Good deal, thanks!

I seen Armsrong warming up before the game. He had a brace on his knee, but definitely going through warm ups.

He hasn't had the surgery yet, from my understanding. Will undergo reconstructive surgery from a previous high school injury to his knee in the coming weeks. Allen is out for the year. Cortney Osborne has been playing on special teams. Chase Rome and Avery Moss are back.

He hasn't had the surgery yet, from my understanding. Will undergo reconstructive surgery from a previous high school injury to his knee in the coming weeks. Allen is out for the year. Cortney Osborne has been playing on special teams. Chase Rome and Avery Moss are back.

He has already had the surgery. He has been posting pictures of himself in the hospital and on crutches with some fans.

I ran into Taylor today while shopping with the wife and kids and he was fine. My oldest son asked if he was hurt and if will play next week. Taylor laughed and said he is fine and that he will be playing. He told my son thanks and shook his hand.

Pretty cool story and experience for your family. Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear he is fine. Figured it was just a tweaked ankle.

I ran into Taylor today while shopping with the wife and kids and he was fine. My oldest son asked if he was hurt and if will play next week. Taylor laughed and said he is fine and that he will be playing. He told my son thanks and shook his hand.

Pretty cool story and experience for your family. Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear he is fine. Figured it was just a tweaked ankle.

It was a neat experience. He was with his parents and both seem to be pretty nice people.

It was a neat experience. He was with his parents and both seem to be pretty nice people.

I had a little run in with his pops a few years ago. I was a little inebriated, he was a little frustrated. Not a good mix. I have talked to them many times since then, they are a really nice family.

Ankles are tough....if you have sprained them quite a bit before, the pain seems to go away quicker, but you seem to twist them more frequently.

Hopefully this isn't something that becomes a thorn for the rest of the season like in 2010.

Agree completely. It was obviously impacting his accuracy in the 3rd quarter. Not sure what he did to rebound and play better in the 4th other than get a new tape job. In 2010 it was a high ankle sprain iirc, which are supposed to be the worst. Hoping he tweaked his lower ankle and can play effectively at Sparty, can't afford to be inaccurrate against that D.